Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Cyberpunk 2077 - It Can't Get Darker Than Night City, Right?

1919293949597»

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The chick with the Uzi. She single?

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    DoublySymmetricCommander ZoommanwiththemachinegunElvenshaeBlackDragon480CorsiniironsizideRchanen
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "I'm Carl."
    "I'm Mary."
    "I'm going to be sick."

steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    BlackDragon480SyngyneCorsiniironsizideRchanen
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I still get amazed, sad, angry when I think of this quote.
    "What's wrong with this country, Marty? Money. You taught me that. Evil defense contractors had it, noble causes did not. Politicians are bought and sold like so much chattel. Our problems multiply. Pollution, crime, drugs, poverty, disease, hunger, despair; we throw gobs of money at them! The problems always get worse. Why is that? Because money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

BlackDragon480Sneaks3clipseFencingsaxNitsuaironsizideElldrenlwt1973RchanenNightslyr
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    AxenmanwiththemachinegunFencingsaxTynnanMassenaElvenshaeLucid_SeraphIncindiumBanzai5150JazzDonnictonNightslyrCommander ZoomironsizideElldrenel_vicioIanator3clipse
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

is keanu reeves even a real person

man

The Escape Goat: If there's anywhere that Occam's Razor fails to apply it's Elder Scrolls lore.
    Delduwath: Yeah, gotta use Mehrunes' Razor.
    JazzschussCommander ZoomFencingsaxBlackDragon480RchanenElldrenmanwiththemachinegunElvenshaeBurnageBigitylwt19733clipse
  • JazzJazz UKRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

is keanu reeves even a real person

man

He is a breathtaking real person.

Lucid_SeraphCommander ZoomFencingsaxlwt1973ElldrenElvenshaeIncindium3clipse
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Off-topic spoiler brackets since we don't have a Witcher thread and this isn't really worth starting a new one, but people may be interested to see that the Netflix show has a trailer.

s7Imn5J.png
    ElvenshaeDixon
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited July 20
    Off-topic spoiler brackets since we don't have a Witcher thread and this isn't really worth starting a new one, but people may be interested to see that the Netflix show has a trailer.

0/10 no horses on roofs

Lucid_Seraph on
    The Escape Goat: If there's anywhere that Occam's Razor fails to apply it's Elder Scrolls lore.
    Delduwath: Yeah, gotta use Mehrunes' Razor.
    RchanenFleebmanwiththemachinegunElvenshaeBigityMassena3clipse
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    The hair still bugs me for some reason. Also reminds me of Legolas.

steam_sig.png
    Xbox Live: ObsoletePaper | Uplay: Banzai5150 | Playstation: ObsoletePaper
    That looks about as good as a TV adaptation is going to get. I'd give it a watch.

BlackDragon480AxenDixonMassenaAlbino Bunny3clipse
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    That looks about as good as a TV adaptation is going to get. I'd give it a watch.

This is as good as a TV adaptation can get:

vp9l7gkmz1f1.gif

First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    manwiththemachinegun
    Yeah, I gave that watch, it was definitely a thing.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    I’m not a fan of how clean everything seems to look.

5gsowHm.png
    el_vicio
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Also Yen’s jaw looks really weird to me.

steam_sig.png
    Xbox Live: ObsoletePaper | Uplay: Banzai5150 | Playstation: ObsoletePaper
  • metaghostmetaghost Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

She is/was a hunchback with facial deformities. Her appearance otherwise is the result of magic.

Bandcamp (I make weird rap music) / PSN: Mugen_Kikaider
    Axenel_vicioBlackDragon480Transporter3clipse
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

She is/was a hunchback with facial deformities. Her appearance otherwise is the result of magic.

And to be more specific it isn't an illusion. She just used magic to literally change her physical appearance. Like magical plastic surgery I suppose.

• QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

In the books, Yen is a bit malformed and a hunchback. She learned magic partially to cover it up. So again, the Netflix series is taking the canon mostly from the books and not the games.

As for the hair... I'll reserve judgement for when I see a few episodes. But at the very least, Cavill is trained in swordfighting from back in the Immortals days, so he won't be embarrassing the character.

wbee62u815wj.png
    It's realistic since I believe the book mentioned a lot of Sorceresses were downtrodden, not well treated girls who, because they were good at magic, gained power and were able to change everything about themselves including their appearance. Thus, they still carry that pain of rejection especially since people fawn over their looks and power now ("None of you cared about me when I was ugly and weak, etc").