As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Go to new thread

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, he's a joke. Just make sure you clear the trash before him (though actually at 90 I was to the point where I just let it all pull and AOE'd it all down with him :P)

Also I heard there is a bug if you somehow accidentally kill the horse before he jumps on or something where you don't get loot.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Invisible wrote: »
    If you're a hunter you can pretty much solo any of the old raids without any problems. Especially as BM with a spirit beast. Spirit Bond for the constant regen, feign death with pet tank, etc. I've even soloed the 3 drakes up fight in 10-man mode for the black drake, it's dicey but it's just a matter of abusing ancient hysteria and all CD for a quick burn (4-manned it for the twilight). The only fight I have to switch specs is twin emps since the bread and butter focus builder is nature damage, but since I've got the pet off them I don't even have to run that raid anymore.

But Spirit Bond+Spirit Mend=loldamage.

How do you do Kael? :P

Easily?

Seriously, is there some mechanic that should be tripping me up? I know he can mind control, but it's actually never come up.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Yeah, he's a joke. Just make sure you clear the trash before him (though actually at 90 I was to the point where I just let it all pull and AOE'd it all down with him :P)

Also I heard there is a bug if you somehow accidentally kill the horse before he jumps on or something where you don't get loot.

If you kill the horse before he jumps on, the encounter bugs out and ends immediately, you'll need to reset the dungeon and try again.
    If you're a hunter you can pretty much solo any of the old raids without any problems. Especially as BM with a spirit beast. Spirit Bond for the constant regen, feign death with pet tank, etc. I've even soloed the 3 drakes up fight in 10-man mode for the black drake, it's dicey but it's just a matter of abusing ancient hysteria and all CD for a quick burn (4-manned it for the twilight). The only fight I have to switch specs is twin emps since the bread and butter focus builder is nature damage, but since I've got the pet off them I don't even have to run that raid anymore.

Easily?

Seriously, is there some mechanic that should be tripping me up? I know he can mind control, but it's actually never come up.

You're killing him before he MC's? Interesting.

Nobody on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Is there a good "Brewmaster addon"? Something that consolidates all the random shit you need to watch (Keg cooldown, shuffle duration, stagger, elusive brew, etc.) nicely? I mean I could probably get NTK and TMW configured to do most of this (not sure about stagger) but I'm feeling lazy and if there's an addon that doesn't fuck with anything besides just showing you BM info in a reasonable format I'd rather just download that.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

If you kill the horse before he jumps on, the encounter bugs out and ends immediately, you'll need to reset the dungeon and try again.

Easily?

He also doesn't MC at all if you're the only one in the fight. i.e. no pets, mirror images, party members, etc.

• Options

Not unless it was a recent bug. I used to make it a contest of myself to kite the horse away and burst him down as he paths back to Attumen just to see what would happen. If you are kiting him when he spawns Attumen, Attumen doesn't aggro, so when Midnight gets low, she has to path all the way around and back to him.

In my case, he would still despawn and spawn as mounted Attumen, but still didn't aggro until I hit him.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Durrble Purrst.

Donnicton on
  • Options

Easily?

I guess so. I always keep my pet out and just burn my cool downs (stampede, rapid fire, BW, lynx rush, dire beast, then my reset to use them all again minus stampede).

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    In leveling my monk I've now had two of the redone Vanilla dungeons bug out on me.

A week or so ago, I had the houndmaster fight in Scarlet Halls fuck up. The part where the dogs turn friendly, kill the houndmaster, then go berserk on the wall of instakill NPCs blocking the path never triggered.

Then yesterday in Scholomance, we killed Lilian (after killing her evil soul or whatever), but she never triggered the part where she attacks Gandling and he flees to the final room. Instead, Lilian just Tebowed next to him while we were stuck in combat, unable to rez the 3 dead people. Finally, after a few minutes, Lilian despawned and we got out of combat. Gandling kept quietly hovering in the room, though.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Man, it's funny, my interest in running LFR or... well, anything... dived horribly after finishing the first leg of the legendary quest.

Having to farm 6k Valor is just blaaaaaaaaaaah in comparison.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Bobble wrote: »
    Happy: In the raid bosses I did kill, I got a bit lucky with the pets: Chrommie and the Mindflayer on the first shot.
    Happy: Picked the rogue up after eons and bumped him from 70 to 73 and really enjoying the class.
    Hate: Seeing a really cool mount, looking it up, and discovering it's from the blizzard store
    Hope: I can burn down the Twin Emps in AQ if I go back and give them a try. Any advice on Viscidus for a druid?

Viscidus is super easy as a druid as long as you have the frost damage spear from the frost ladies in Storm Peaks. Go grab that spear (complete the questline to unlock them if you haven't yet) and then when you get Viscidus down to 0, switch to the spear while in cat form and you win. Cat's attack speed is so fast that you'll freeze him every time, no matter your spec.

I've gotten all 3 pets in 3 of the raids, all that's left is MC and the one from Golemagg. I was tempted at first to try and farm them for selling but then I looked at how much they were selling for and decided it wasn't worth it.

As an aside, does anyone have any advice for a Balance druid taking down the strider boss in the Fight club stuff? The one that gets a 900% damage increase buff after like a minute and does rain dance and torrent? I don't know if it's my gear or my strats or my class that's making that fight impossible.

Opty on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Got home, cleaned the kitchen up and sat down to knock out the farm daily. Was headed over to get my ironpaw token daily done and noticed the rare down below was up; swooped in and blew his ass up good. Crystal of Insanity dropped! Pretty happy with that, wandered off and in the next 20 minutes picked up Ai-Li's Sky Mirror and Elixir of Ancient Knowledge, not bad work!

Kael'Thas is trivial now more or less; just kill the advisors in the four corners to give you a little time. As a paladin I snag the shield to at least help me out a little and blow that Conflag casting bitch up good by popping all my cooldowns. Then Telonicus then the other two. Slightly annoying, but that's all.

Nosf on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    God, these fucking Sra'vess area SP dailies can fuck right the hell off. I'm sitting at 480 ilevel and I still get my shit pushed in because they're so goddamned overtuned. One or two of them isn't a problem but they're so densely packed on the island that you literally can't just pull two mobs, you get four to five at once. Fucking hate this shit. One more day after today, just one more day. Ugh.

• Options
    And another week of no pets from Naxxramas. At least it doesn't take too long now.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Easily?

He also doesn't MC at all if you're the only one in the fight. i.e. no pets, mirror images, party members, etc.

The guy I was replying to was talking about doing it with a hunter...

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Did they change him at some point? It used to be he'd MC even solo players and that would cause him to evade unless you had a pet that could tank him. Then you'd have the pet tank and stand out of LoS when the MC came off cooldown, wait for him to use it, and go back in.

It wouldn't really surprise me if you could DPS him through phase 4 without getting MCed now though. It has a longish cooldown and he doesn't have that much health compared to current DPS.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The MC is kind of broken right now anyways in that even if you were MCed, you just kind of stand there doing nothing. As long as he doesn't outright kill whatever pet/companion you have out or it despawns on its own(mirror image), you can generally just let the MC time out and finish up the fight.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate: Scourged Whelplings and CRZ. There they are when I'm on the flight path...but then I get the stutter before landing, and they're not there anymore.

Also, this:
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Man, it's funny, my interest in running LFR or... well, anything... dived horribly after finishing the first leg of the legendary quest.

Having to farm 6k Valor is just blaaaaaaaaaaah in comparison.

Farming Valor while getting all the reps to exalted and gearing up is one thing...having to do it after that is something else.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I think it won't be as bad once new content comes out. It's just you had to run the current content for so many weeks to get all the Signets, and now you've basically got to do the same thing all over again for another six weeks.

Just annoying, and wish it started keeping track of VP gained from the point after the 5.1 patch came out. That wouldn't be so bad, since at least all the raiding you did still counted.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Halfmex wrote: »
    God, these fucking Sra'vess area SP dailies can fuck right the hell off. I'm sitting at 480 ilevel and I still get my shit pushed in because they're so goddamned overtuned. One or two of them isn't a problem but they're so densely packed on the island that you literally can't just pull two mobs, you get four to five at once. Fucking hate this shit. One more day after today, just one more day. Ugh.
    Just to check, you are using the buffs the Klaxxi back at base give you, right? The mobs are tuned assuming you'll be using those. The one with the dude who flies down and cleaves everything around you for 200k damage plus the one that lets you MC a mob are awesome before Revered, and then if you're melee the one you unlock at Revered that stuns and explodes dudes after you hit them 8 times is great.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Just to check, you are using the buffs the Klaxxi back at base give you, right? The mobs are tuned assuming you'll be using those. The one with the dude who flies down and cleaves everything around you for 200k damage plus the one that lets you MC a mob are awesome before Revered, and then if you're melee the one you unlock at Revered that stuns and explodes dudes after you hit them 8 times is great.
    The Klaxxi buffs didn't seem to apply in Townlong Steppes, at least not that I've seen. Definitely not in Sra'vess at any rate. I'd love to be able to MC a mob or use Raining Blood (even in its vastly shittier nerfed form).

• Options
    Did they change him at some point? It used to be he'd MC even solo players and that would cause him to evade unless you had a pet that could tank him. Then you'd have the pet tank and stand out of LoS when the MC came off cooldown, wait for him to use it, and go back in.

It wouldn't really surprise me if you could DPS him through phase 4 without getting MCed now though. It has a longish cooldown and he doesn't have that much health compared to current DPS.

I started soloing him in Cata, and he never tried to MC my pally at all (no targetable pets, etc)
    Opty wrote: »
    The Klaxxi buffs didn't seem to apply in Townlong Steppes, at least not that I've seen. Definitely not in Sra'vess at any rate. I'd love to be able to MC a mob or use Raining Blood (even in its vastly shittier nerfed form).

Yeah the Klaxxi buffs won't apply. I generally picked my battles, and used the "I can't believe I'm not a rogue!" abilities to help cut down on the number fights.

• Options
    Oh, sorry, I got the two areas confused. You get a helper NPC to use for those, are you using them? I'd suggest the Rogue lady since she applies a damage taken debuff on mobs.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I always take the rogue girl when I'm in that area but, while the debuff is nice, it's single-target only which doesn't seem to help when I'm being hammered by 4-5 mobs. I do my best to be careful with the pulls, but heavily mob-congested area combined with patrolling mobs makes that really difficult.

It's just dumb that they do so much damage, it really is unreal. I take damage from nothing else like I take damage from those bugs on that island specifically. It's like they engineered the place to be as big of a pain in the ass as possible. Thankfully tomorrow's my last day, I'll be exalted (for the second time) with them and I'll never have to touch them again. I hate very little in this game like I hate the Shado Pain-Sra'vess dailies.

Edit: Just to expound because I need to vent:

Pretty much all...well, no, -all- of the companions suck. They basically serve as an aggro magnet only insofar as they draw things to you specifically, but god forbid they actually be combat-effective. Even the tanks like Whatshisdick the Iron Belly and Protector Whosits don't have nearly the health pools necessary to actually tank the waves of mobs you deal with in their areas, but the others are orders of magnitude worse. I've used all of them several times and they're just not any good. The priest almost never heals, bubbles -after- I'm out of combat (:rotate:), the tanks can't hold aggro for shit and have paltry health pools, the DPS do terrible damage. And I'd gladly just do without them, it would make my trip easier in fact, but as they're the only means of turning the quests in, I'd have to fly all the way back to the quest hub to turn in so I can pick up the last 'elite' quest of the day. Why they can't just give me that quest at the same time I get the others is beyond me.

Such a shit faction, ugh. That's my real issue with the dailies in this expansion. Yes, there's a ridiculous number of them, but worse than that, they all range from "tolerable" to "unfun", too often pegging the needle toward the latter. I'd much rather a long rep grind of 2-3 fun dailies (I realize fun is subjective, but I think most would agree that dragon races and Roll Club are far more enjoyable than 'kill X of Y') than 50 killbot quests.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I always take the rogue girl when I'm in that area but, while the debuff is nice, it's single-target only which doesn't seem to help when I'm being hammered by 4-5 mobs. I do my best to be careful with the pulls, but heavily mob-congested area combined with patrolling mobs makes that really difficult.

It's just dumb that they do so much damage, it really is unreal. I take damage from nothing else like I take damage from those bugs on that island specifically. It's like they engineered the place to be as big of a pain in the ass as possible. Thankfully tomorrow's my last day, I'll be exalted (for the second time) with them and I'll never have to touch them again. I hate very little in this game like I hate the Shado Pain-Sra'vess dailies.

What about the Shado-Pan/Fire Camp Osul dailies? (The Mogu dailies were all right.)

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

What about the Shado-Pan/Fire Camp Osul dailies? (The Mogu dailies were all right.)

That's what's weird. Fire Camp Osul and the Mogu Dailies aren't nearly as frustratingly difficult as Sra'vess. The mobs don't do nearly as much damage, the areas aren't as congested and you aren't required to be neck-deep in aggro for the majority of the quests. Like, they had one person work on those two areas and then brought in some master sadist to design the Sra'vess shit.

• Options
    Are you using the items they give you? You get a bunch of saps, distracts, and vanishes. Plus you're cloaked by your NPC, so picking and choosing what you want to kill is pretty easy.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Ok. Why do I keep seeing DK's with agility polearms? Like, not just dungeon stuff; like legitimate raid weapons, with otherwise normal gear.

Is there something I'm not aware of? Is the damage on a weapon so valuable now that it overtakes 1k+ strength?

Also, I keep seeing blood dk's dual wielding; most often the sha sword and the other sword off tsulong I think?

And not just scrub dk's, geared dk's from legitimate guilds.

What is going on?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    No idea on the polearms, but maybe the dual wielding is because of the rarity of good 2H weapons in this tier? There's pretty much the sword from Elegon and the axe from Sha if I remember. Having the two epic swords would definitely be a step up from LFR weapons or blue weapons.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Donnicton wrote: »
    The MC is kind of broken right now anyways in that even if you were MCed, you just kind of stand there doing nothing. As long as he doesn't outright kill whatever pet/companion you have out or it despawns on its own(mirror image), you can generally just let the MC time out and finish up the fight.

I definitely had the complete opposite experience this weekend. We stupidly tried to duo Kael with Disc priest and Demo Lock and he MCd both of us, letting only the demon free (and like, random Ghost Iron Dragonlings or Wild Imps). He also MCed us back-to-back multiple times. While we would always use stupid abilities (MC just loves placing Demon Gates), the MC also had me spamming Smite which would heal Kael to full and eventually kill the demon and then he despawned.

I'm also taking advice on Viscidus for those two classes. Oh, I found something on wowhead, that seems easy enough: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15299#comments:id=1775513

Grobian on
  • Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    As a shadow priest soloing Viscidus I bought the fastest possible vendor dagger I could find, mind spiked him to frozen then popped my herbalism haste boost, mindflayer and started meleeing. It wasn't enough. I eventually got him with the trinket that drops somewhere else in that same raid (from C'thun maybe?) that lets you summon a tentacle to attack your enemies. But I have to pop the herbalism ability, mindflayer and the tentacle and auto-attack him and still almost don't make the timer.

One thing: I was trying to farm the crate of puppies trinket in Kun Lai for this purpose. Don't bother. I finally got it and was all excited because five puppies would make short work of Visc and they'd probably make Razorgore a lot easier, but when I tried to use it on Razorgore the first time I got an error saying I couldn't use it in raids. :/

edit: It occurred to me you might not know the basic mechanics for Viscidus: Beat him down to 1 hp by whatever means available. At this point he will annoy you by not dying. Hit him with 20 frost attacks (mind spike counts as it does shadowfrost damage). At this point he will freeze solid. You now have thirty seconds to hit him with (I think) 30 melee attacks. Actual white weapon swings. If you succeed he shatters and you get the loots. If not, he thaws and you have to try again.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I know the mechanics, I just didn't know of any frost damage we had (I did know of Mind Spike, but that Priest is Disc/Disc). But it turns out that Locks have plenty of sources of frost damage so it's all good.

• Options
    Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    Ok. Why do I keep seeing DK's with agility polearms? Like, not just dungeon stuff; like legitimate raid weapons, with otherwise normal gear.

Is there something I'm not aware of? Is the damage on a weapon so valuable now that it overtakes 1k+ strength?
    its not the weapon dmg, it's the mastery, the four kings polearm is quite great for blood due to it, iirc it's better than the LFR sharshatter and I think the heroic one is better than the LFR sha axe, but not 100% sure what exactly the order is
    Also, I keep seeing blood dk's dual wielding; most often the sha sword and the other sword off tsulong I think?

And not just scrub dk's, geared dk's from legitimate guilds.

What is going on?
    for that one the best explanation I have is that it is a main spec DW frost DK and he just wants some fast VP by instant queues

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate: Scourged Whelplings and CRZ. There they are when I'm on the flight path...but then I get the stutter before landing, and they're not there anymore.

Yeah I know I really want the Minfernal but alas the carpet of players makes it more and more less appealing
    They really should make them spawn in more than one place or as a joke have them in the bag from trainers as a rare chance

• Options
    So pulled the trigger last night and transferred my main (paladin) to the server my guild is transferring to later this week (I lose guild rep, oh well, I'll easily make it back thanks to World of Dailycraft).

I'm amazed...Not only were there a ton of people in Shrine of Two Moons and Org, but I was actually competing for quest spawns

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    RE: Polearms - if the dmg is high enough, it overrides the STR. I know the robot has suggested AGI polearms to me in the past, and the normal mode Elegon sword trumps the LFR Axe with 500 STR gem.

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    Anyone use the Combuctor addon? I really like the idea of tabs for my inventory space. Does it work well in practice?

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Hooray, virtually all of my cards/deck sold!

Now I need a few one offs to finish healy trinket & tanking trinket for the BF and I. For a full server, there's very few people here that know how to "work" the AH: You can tell most of the volume sellers are just letting Auctioneer/TSM autopilot. Works for me!

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Man, why do I never play the class with the fun bugs:

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I just don't understand the people behind the design decisions anymore.

From MMO-champion's twitter recap:
    linear progression was the worst idea you ever could return to.. you leave behind lots of alt-players and returners.
    We understand that. But the alternative is that other players feel their accomplishments have no meaning if rapid catch up exists.
    and then
    Which players? Not the majority. I think you're seeing the tree and not the forest on this one.
    We heard it a lot in LK and Cataclysm, and we could infer it a lot from what players were doing even if they didn't say it.

So they weren't actually told that people were unhappy with how it was, they just jumped to the conclusion that people were unhappy with it?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
This discussion has been closed.