Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

The thread for things with more/less than two legs (NSF ento/arachno/ophidiophobes)

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    I hate hearing an unfamiliar bird call and not being able to see the bird. Because I have literally no idea how to identify a bird by song, or even how to search for it. I thought at first it might be the marmots that live in the woods near my dad's house but it turns out they kinda make little chirpy beep beep noises and this was more like... Imagine a truck's reverse warning beep, but toned down a bit. It was like a steady "beep beep beep!" And a whole bunch of em too from what I could hear.

It almost sounded like the roadrunner from Looney Tunes.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    The UK? What kinds of snakes are there?

I wish we only had two kinds here in the Southeastern US. Between copperheads, timbler rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, coral snakes, and hundreds of nonvenomous snakes, we have too many to keep track of.

I was wrong, apparently we actually have 4 species, but two of them were relatively recently recognised. Adder, grass snake, barred grass snake, and smooth snake. Adder is the only venomous one.

So its looking like Ireland is still my only place to get away from snakes then. Gotcha.

I don't think New Zealand has any.
    Much like Hawaii, New Zealand is an island grouping devoid of snakes. It also has no deadly spiders, killer jellyfish, or other creepy crawlies that are likely to kill you. Australia is home to all of those.

Now, you might think that the distinct lack of deadly creatures means that Kiwis are somewhat "softer" than Aussies, after all THEY don't have to battle creepy crawlies with fatal bites just to take a dump.

You'd be wrong.

New Zealand doesn't have all the horrible venomous bastard creatures because all the horrible venomous bastard creatures fled over the Tasman Sea to Australia to get escape the Kiwis...

also their sheep are downright terrifying.

chrishallett83Slacker71
    Have you SEEN what a kakapo will do to a man's head!?

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Male Ant Pulls Off Own Wing to Mate with Queen | Natural World: Ant Attack | BBC Earth

3:26

bm0cixee18bw.gif

Some bug piiiics

JedocDisruptedCapitalistdoomybearIloveslimes
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

is that a picture of an insect or just damage on the screen

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited September 15
    Citheronia regalis

3:58

Saddest pokemon evolution ever man

Peas on
    bm0cixee18bw.gif

sarukun
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited September 15

Looks like a jumping spider. Picture is upside down. Edit: actually maybe a wolf spider.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    ohhhh yeah now I see it, I wasn't parsing it upsidedown

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    If I was a car wash guy I'd keep a picture of a spider on my phone and tell every customer it's somewhere in their car.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Metzger MeisterJedocsee317Brovid HasselsmofBahamutZEROsarukunIloveslimesSlacker71
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I love that idea so much. I'm gonna start doing that to people.

tynicsarukunSkeithIloveslimes
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular

tynicBahamutZEROPeas
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

It’s a lionfish.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    NUHHHHH IT'S LIKE A GODDAMN DEMON'S HAND UGH

I'm fine.

For some reason those spiders have been making headlines recently, just for existing, despite the fact they've been in this country for decades. Just the most tedious stupid scaremongering bullshit.

I don't usually mind spiders too much but like the way that thing emerges from its little hole is just goddamn horrifying

For some reason those spiders have been making headlines recently, just for existing, despite the fact they've been in this country for decades. Just the most tedious stupid scaremongering bullshit.

Probably because the spider party has a candidate running for office.

She's got my vote

tynic
    A web in every dusty corner, bush, tree, etc, and a fly in every web.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I, for one, welcome our arachnid overlords.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Slacker71
    They deserve it, tbh. I was rooting for them or cephalopods.

edited September 20
    She's got my vote

Too bad a video recently surfaced of her eating one of her former mates. It plays well wtih the spider crowd but is expected to lose her a lot of undecided votes.

TheStig on
    He was probably a jerk

sarukun
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited September 20
    I'm sorry. I just can't get behind the spider party. I'm Team Cephalopod all the way. I like that their platform has so many arms.

valhalla130 on
    sarukun
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    I'm team octopode.

Bugs escaping the flood

FcfKJzS.png

JedocMulysaSemproniusGvzbgulDirtyboyBahamutZEROIloveslimesSlacker71tynicdarunia106sarukun
    There has to be an SCP for that photo, right?

JedocFiendishrabbitN1tSt4lkerDisruptedCapitalistKetarSkeithExtreaminatusdarunia106
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    That is maximum Cthulhu/SCP and there is no way I'm going near that.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    That's cursed

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    At least it's not spiders.

At least it's not spiders.

At least, not on the sides we can see,..

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I imagine some species of birds love themselves a good flood.

Steam Starcraft SLeague of Legends
    edited September 22
    I don't care what you say that's a wall texture from a horror video game
    I'm kind of impressed the earthworms can stick onto that pylon, I didn't know they could climb surfaces like that

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    I don't care what you say that's a wall texture from a horror video game
    I'm kind of impressed the earthworms can stick onto that pylon, I didn't know they could climb surfaces like that

I'm pretty sure I see a couple of legless lizards, which impresses me even more!