As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans: Matches out. Now we wait and hail satan!

• FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    So, before I go through this the hard way

Is there a way to edit your Amazon wishlist, and rearrange the order stuff is in? Because I've got very similar items spread all over my list, and the only way I know to fix it is to go through, basically everything, and re-list it one by one, from bottom to top of where I want it on my list.

No, I don't have OCD, why do you ask?
    i just roughshod apply the ranking system to it (high/low) and hope the people looking through it remember that feature exists

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I can't figure out an easier way to rearrange mine, Tox, but I'm going to keep poking around.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Oh well, gonna hopefully get a few more lists to sort through, then try to have it more or less "set" by tomorrow night, so that when my satan gets it, it'll be well enough organized.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    @Sassori I'm not mad you're not doing Secret Satans

I'm just disappointed.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    @Sassori I'm not mad you're not doing Secret Satans

I'm just disappointed.

I already sent in my e-mail.

The only thing on my wishlist is for you to bite me.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    XqkHO.png
    :^:

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    XqkHO.png

I'm trying to think of actual things to add to my wishlist. I don't want to be unhelpful.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    XqkHO.png

I'm trying to think of actual things to add to my wishlist. I don't want to be unhelpful.

Mouthwash it is.

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Sass get the Amazon wishlist button for your browser, and just have a look around some websites you like. You'll fill it up in no time.

Gatsby wrote: »
    Sass get the Amazon wishlist button for your browser, and just have a look around some websites you like. You'll fill it up in no time.

Yeah, I have it and I've been trying to think of things that I need. I'll make an actual post of things that I enjoy soon too.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I am content with saying that I am at the point where everything on the first page of my Amazon wishlist deserves to be there, front and center, and I will hold off on adding things to it until most of it is gone.

• MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Hey Satan!

A little bit about me. I’m a college student living in Central Texas. I’m looking to go into sports production and TV news photography/production, so I will appreciate anything related to those fields. I enjoy watching sports on TV and in person (pro teams are Houston Texans, Astros, Rockets, trying to get into the Colorado Avalanche if they ever play again). I also enjoy tech and video game stuff just as much. I have a lot of that in my Amazon wishlist (in my sig). I like reading sci-fi and light fantasy stuff, although I don’t seek it out. My movie taste is kind of all over the place, so don’t worry about getting me any movies (except the ones on my Amazon wishlist).

I own a Kindle so you're welcome to gift me any Kindle books.

I’m a size adult S for shirts. I don't really wear gaming and general geek shirts, but I would definitely wear the shirts on my Amazon list.

I'd also like to get into some tabletop gaming. No idea where to start.

As far as video games go, if I don't have it I'll probably enjoy it. Exceptions are turn-based strategy games like Disgaea and Advance Wars and first-person shooters like Call of Duty. Please, no PC games/anything on Steam.

Of course, anything with a personal/local touch will be much appreciated. I will be overjoyed at getting anything from you!

My Xbox 360 games:
    Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 (and all story DLC)
    Sega Rally Revo
    Need for Speed Shift 2
    Battlefield Bad Company
    Dead or Alive 4
    Quantum of Solace
    GTA IV
    Virtua Fighter 5
    Blitz: The League II
    Soul Calibur IV
    Bulletwitch
    Gears of War 3
    Darksiders
    Transformers: War for Cybertron
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Fallout 3 GOTY edition
    Banjo Nuts and Bolts
    Midnight Club LA Complete Edition

My DS games:
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Platinum
    Mario 64 DS
    Sonic Rush
    Picross DS
    Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime
    Sonic Chronicles
    World Ends with You
    Chrono Trigger

TV shows I own:
    Breaking Bad Seasons 1-4
    Delocated Seasons 1-3
    Community Season 1
    Mission Hill

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Finally got around to signing up for this.

When @neville said the deadline was 12:01 on the 12th, did he mean tonight or tomorrow night?

Just wanna make sure I give my wishlist the proper amount of time and attention.

[IMG][/img]
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    you can always edit your wishlist, and 12:01am PST is pretty clear (you've got 4 hours 20 minutes)

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Create and provide a link to your wishlist.

Update it afterwards.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I figured, just wanna make sure.

[IMG][/img]
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't wait to find out who my SATANEE is

Oh dear...I'm nervous.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I eagerly await finding out who my satan is

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Oh dear...I'm nervous.

If I get you I'm sending you a hug in a box.

Oh dear...I'm nervous.

If I get you I'm finally mailing that restraining order.

Oh dear...I'm nervous.

Make sure to get it nicely framed.

Oh dear...I'm nervous.

Make sure to get it nicely framed.

Obviously. I'm not rude.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Hey Satan,

It's my first time so be gentle ok?
    Let's just get the wishlists out of the way so you don't have to go hunting:
    http://amzn.com/w/1D8Q80CJFG3CU
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lasbrook/wishlist

I'll try and update both regularly, I've never used an amazon wishlist before.

You can probably tell from my lists but I'm into Giant Robots (Gundam, Transformers, Gurren Lagann and the like), Magic and other nerdy things.

In fact if you play magic and want and easy way to gift me stuff I have a list of Cards I'm Looking for a bunch of which you probably have just laying around.

Musically I'm a pretty open book as long as it's not country. Some of my current favorites would be Daft Punk, The Protomen, soundtracks by Yoko Kanno and Akira Yamaoka (I'm a huge Silent Hill fan), Electronic and Death Metal music. I've always felt like getting into Jazz and Punk music but I get new music very rarely so I never have. If there's something you're really into lay it on me even if it's not in english.

Video Games are of course always an option. I have a 360 and a fairly decent PC and I play pretty much anything short of sports and racing games. Please no RPG's or strategy games though I have enough of those I haven't even touched as is. My Gamertag is Lasbrook and my Steam is in my sig if you need to see what I own.

DVD's are another thing I haven't bought much of lately, there's some on my list though. I don't actually have a blu-ray player right now I'm just trying to future proof stuff I get. Blu-Rays can be safely ignored if you want. Just about the only thing I actually catch on TV anymore are Adventure Time, Regular Show and Breaking Bad. I have the First season of Adventure Time but nothing of the other shows. I kinda like season boxsets and Cartoon Network really doesn't.

Reading Material would be appreciated, I honestly don't do enough of it. Physical copies are cool but I do have a Nook, dunno how you'd get me ebook copies though. I dig Scifi and especially Cyberpunk, History and Sociology type stuff. Here's a list of books I've downloaded preview chapters of to give you an idea:
    1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
    Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan
    Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker by Kevin Mitnick
    Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
    Solaris by Stanislaw Lem
    The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
    The Old Man and the Wasteland by Nick Cole
    The Poisoner's Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York by Deborah Blum
    You would be surprised the number of scifi classics I haven't read thanks to a youth misspent reading Star Wars books almost exclusively so you're free and clear there. I'm a pretty much an open book on comics too, aside from a copy of Watchmen and Last Stand of the Wreckers I don't have much of a collection so if you have something you think I should read go for it. I'm mostly a Marvel fan but am always up for a good story regardless of who made it.

If you want to go a more practical route I wouldn't recommend clothes, although I have been contemplating a scarf. Yes I am aware it is Texas, I use public transportation and even our comparatively weak winters can get to you after a while. Nothing too over the top, it is primarily to provide warmth not be fashionable. Blue is my favorite color but red would be nice, or just something that would go well with darker colors. My heavy winter gear is a black coat with a red sweater so something that would go with that. Any other items useful for someone who walks a lot would be nice too. I could also use stuff for the kitchen. My kitchen setup is pretty basic and I really need to get into cooking more, especially of the cheap and healthy variety. I do server configuration for work and could use stuff to learn more about Linux and Network Administration.

And of course, anything you want to make is an equally fine choice as well. It's been a rough couple of years so no matter what you decide it will be the best Christmas i've had recently. Hopefully I have given you enough info and lists to get some ideas.

Lasbrook on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Hi Satan~!

I love all things soft, warm, fuzzy, fluffy, or otherwise comfy. And with the cold coming, I think that a blanket with all of those qualities would be amazing! I'm not sure if the blanket in my amazon wishlist is worth a damn - so if you know of a better one, great! Otherwise, I like pillows, plushies, and basically just squishable things. Or footies (fuzzy socks..?) Or slippers! Or both! I like most colors! The gloves in my amazon wishlist are a good example spectrum. I wear a size 14 (US) woman's shoe.

If you're a crafter, I've been looking for a charm bracelet. One with pink, white, and blue (trans pride) used in some fashion (7.5-8" circumference on my wrist I suppose)

I don't watch much TV, and what I do watch I pretty much watch one time and then never again. But I love Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and I want to see Game of Thrones! Books are good, too! Especially certain self-help books and books on skills and languages! Books on Mandarin, French, Arabic, or whatever Sweedish people speak would be great! And I have a Kindle fire so digital books are great too! I love fantasy and science fiction (and science fantasy), particularly if they're written with a dark and pseudo-historical tone. For example, George Martin's novels. I prefer swords and intrigue to elves and fairies, and believable worlds are my favorite thing ever. I also love history! And I'd love to learn various languages, including (but not limited to) Arabic, Mandarin, French, Hindi, Icelandic, Gaelic, Japanese, and Swedish!

I want to hold off on clothes for now because I'm so out of shape, yet, but if you wanted to do, say, gift cards to sephora or some clothing store that don't expire so I could go there when I'm ready to, that would be perfect. Or maybe a box of makeup and moisturizer samples - so I can try some things! I have brown eyes, brown hair, and pale (slightly freckled) skin, so do with that what you will.

e: Oops! I hadn't included a link to my Amazon List!

ee: You know when I signed up I said no NSFW but I'm kind of reconsidering that. The discussion on page 54 has opened my eyes to the fact that I actually would really like a nice dildo with a vibrator in it (or just a straight vibrator). I don't really have any suggestions or ideas except to say that I like them somewhere in the neighborhood of average-largish human size, and I don't know if they make them with a vibe in the tip but that would be nice.

Tis the season. :3

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I have excitement. How soon are names going out?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    I hope I did my e-mail correctly as I am such a slacker I left this to the last day.

The best gift I sent as part of this was paying for Mully to create the avatar Neville is still using!!

The best I have received were Gabe and Tycho ponies custom painted by Keika.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I assume after 12:00 they'll start pairing people up depending on if they are down with international shipping or or not. They'll probably send names out in waves after they make sure that everyone's covered. They might wait until after they sleep, get back from work, eat, etc.

Individuals might not receive a Satanee as soon as others, but that will most likely mean that they haven't worked their way down to that wave of people yet.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I have the utmost faith in @Neville and @Usagi

They have done this before and it has been excellent each time. No matter how long it takes, the results will be worth it.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    e: Here's my Amazon thingy in case you need more ideas.

@DirtyDirtyVagrant

hey, that doesn't link to your specific wishlist (for me it went to my wishlist). If you click the preview link (might be hidden under Sharing), you can get a url that anyone can use.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I assume after 12:00 they'll start pairing people up depending on if they are down with international shipping or or not. They'll probably send names out in waves after they make sure that everyone's covered. They might wait until after they sleep, get back from work, eat, etc.

Individuals might not receive a Satanee as soon as others, but that will most likely mean that they haven't worked their way down to that wave of people yet.

Yeeaaaaah no

I have to work at dark o'clock tomorrow morning and think Nevs is still traveling, so we'll get them out to you when we can

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

Yeeaaaaah no

I have to work at dark o'clock tomorrow morning and think Nevs is still traveling, so we'll get them out to you when we can

For the avoidance of disappointment assume you'll get your Satanee by December 3rd, that way it'll be a wondrous surprise if you get the information earlier!

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Oh, thanks, End! I think I got it now.

edited November 2012
    Dearest Santa Stan Satan,

You are already my favorite Satan because you are my very first.

You can find my wishlist in my signature and again here I tried to find an assortment of things to give you some ideas in case we have never spoken before.

If you would like to surprise me with something else please feel free! I love to read and have room on my bookshelf for more things to read and a Kindle available for electronic books if you would prefer.

I love all things historical. My favorite areas are Reformation England/Tudor History, the Napoleonic Era, Renaissance, and Early American. I love musicals, Disney, and an excuse to curl up and watch a great movie (feel free to try to surprise me!)

Homemade things will be happily accepted. These could be foodstuffs (nothing that is very spicy please), artwork, or anything that you can think of you crafty little minx. My favorite colors are red and black.

Good people to ask for suggestions would probably be @Godmode or @Langly and they both seem mean enough to not reveal your identity to me.

Please note that my address might change after December 1st and I will be sure to update you ASAP if that happens. Don't worry about it interfering with anything that you send. I made sure to provide you with my work address in the meantime.

Happy hunting!

Sassori on
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    ogod i sent an email. i'm nervous, but i've felt sad every year after signups close, for not giving it a shot, so i wasn't going to do that again. wishlist post in the works.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Welp just sent my email in at the last second because I make poor life choices.

Hey Satan

I'm pretty easy to please. I have an xbox 360/ps3/PC and would love more games for any of them if you wanna gimme those. Take a look at my steam wishlist here! I'm a huge fan of animated movies/tv shows and would love love love to get some of those Disney classics on DVD, like Aladdin or Lion King.

I wear a size medium for everything and could always use new shirts.

I'm also looking to expand my book library, if you know of any good books (I'm hankering for a good sci-fi one) then that would be super cool.

If you need more help check out my wishlists in my sig.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    Oh, thanks, End! I think I got it now.

Yup.

Now I can steal more ideas.

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    ugh i am really struggling with what to add to my wishlist

most of it is just... books

depressing books, even

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    ugh i am really struggling with what to add to my wishlist

most of it is just... books

depressing books, even

I had a similar problem and then I remembered this place called...Etsy. So I ended up adding a bunch of stuff with the magic Amazon button.

Do you have some things you favorited there you might have forgotten about?

• BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    I'm worried I'm putting to much French Pop in my wishlist
    Or maybe not enough

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
This discussion has been closed.