As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans: Matches out. Now we wait and hail satan!

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Neville is purposely not posting the list, just to drag this out and rake me over the coals. I know i goosed up, I'm sure.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Signed up! So excited! Already planning! Also good reminder to update my wishlist for the holidays!

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Neville is purposely not posting the list, just to drag this out and rake me over the coals. I know i goosed up, I'm sure.

Either that or his date went extra good

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Bow-chicka-bow-wow

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Sometimes all you need in order to go the extra mile is a few inches.

Legba on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »

For all we know it's still going

and going

and going

They've gotta take a water break sometime

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I'd make a wishpost if I had any solid wishes to, err... wish for

I'd be kind of fine with anything

did write down a few lines in the e-mail proper for it though

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Spoiler alert: somebody here be prepared to be spoiled

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I'd make a wishpost if I had any solid wishes to, err... wish for

I'd be kind of fine with anything

did write down a few lines in the e-mail proper for it though

This just makes it really hard for the person buying for you.

At very least, give them your shirt size, what videogame consoles you own and games you enjoy, and a list of generic interests.

If you say "I like cooking and drawing" then the person can easily buy you a chef's knife and a set of markers.

If you say "get me whatever you want!"
    it's really hard to start from nothing is what I'm saying.

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular

hahah. :P
    No, it didn't go "Extra" good, but it did go well.
    But I've been working. I'll get the list up this afternoon.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT

wishing's hard work

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

wishing's hard work

That's why you have 15 days to think of what you do want

If you just say "oh I love everything, get me everything" somebody's going to get you a smorgasbord of random things, which will increase the chances that in that smorgasbord is something you don't like.

It's best to specify what you do like, or like most of all, so that your Santa doesn't make any mistakes, and so you wind up as happy as you can possibly be.

Sweeney Tom on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular

wishing's hard work

Try telling people what you already own
    Then at least they know what your interests are

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's not even about whether or not you get something you want. It's about not being a dick to your satan and making them just try to guess what you like and wonder needlessly if they did a good job. Giving your satan something to work with is the polite thing to do, and it's also required this time.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited October 2012
    yeah yeah ok, don't pile on with ya criticisms, I get it. Done and done, and I'll specify more if more things come to me

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I honestly don't know if I'll be able to do it this year.

Dunno if I'll have a job by x-mas or not.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    I have loads of stuff I want on my list, but invariably, the mere knowledge that someone is actually going to look at that list as a serious guide to what I like makes me feel guilty whenever I add things. It's not a reasonable feeling but there it is.

Druhim wrote: »
    It's not even about whether or not you get something you want. It's about not being a dick to your satan and making them just try to guess what you like and wonder needlessly if they did a good job. Giving your satan something to work with is the polite thing to do, and it's also required this time.

Yeah, I think it worked out really well last time and I'd like to keep doing it.
    I know there are some people who say they're well-known and people know what they like, but that doesn't mean that you know what they have/don't have.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Personally, I usually prefer getting stuff from my list
    I rarely get excited about surprises
    But it occasionally happens

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    I mean, I don't even remember what I posted on my wishlist last time

but then Rent busted out with a Beksinski artbook and a Lexxi Homestuck poster that I in no way asked for and that was fucking great

but that was going above and beyond any call of duty, people shouldn't have to dig around

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    My etsy favorites list is a list of Things You Should Want if You're Awesome

Also Lots of Soap

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Yo hey there should be like a standard gift pack for people who post no hints.

5p4JT.png

Bam. Christmas done.

Yup doing that.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Never change pipe.

• FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS THIS YEAR

AUGH

Unless I get that job I interviewed for before the 12th, then I could. But probably not.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    If my satanee doesn't have a wish list he's getting this.

8zTle.jpg

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    You forgot the fedora, Pipe

Seriously Pipe, I'm bookmarking your list.

You forgot the fedora, Pipe

shit

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    If my Satanee doesn't give any hints or a wishlist, I'm punishing him/her by sending tons of Garfield comics I've had since I was a teen, but haven't been able to give away in any yard sale no matter how hard I've tried

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Sell your 3 wolf moon shirts to Urban Outfitters or a local Urban Urban Outfitters, thats what i did with my excess moon shirts.

• Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    @BusterK got me awesome stuff last year. I'll never be able to eat fudge again, but it was worth it.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    This'll be my first SS, so I appreciate the tips that y'all have given for wishlists.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My wishlist is just a wishlist buy also feel free to use it as a guide to get me something neato that I haven't thought of!

If my Satanee doesn't give any hints or a wishlist, I'm punishing him/her by sending tons of Garfield comics I've had since I was a teen, but haven't been able to give away in any yard sale no matter how hard I've tried

You are STRONGLY urged to post ideas in your signup email. So if people want to make their wishlist / suggestions posts here and link from their sig, feel free.
    If you don't make a post before matches go out and also didn't include suggestions, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM SECRET SATANS.

Not going to let some people get around the rule by saying "Oh I'll post suggestions" then not do it.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I want my satan to send me something that says "Hey bendery, This is one of my favorite things, you might like it too!"

But not their dick. I don't want them to send me their dick
    Ladies
    :winky:

Bendery It Like Beckham on
    Updated rules/OP.
    If you don't have a wishlist linked in sig, suggestions sent in your initial email, or a wish post done here and linked in sig... you won't be in Secret Satans.

With Love and Kisses and an Iron Fist,
    Your Pink Holiday Administrator.

:bz

nevillexmassig1.png
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »
    Updated rules/OP.
    If you don't have a wishlist linked in sig, suggestions sent in your initial email, or a wish post done here and linked in sig... you won't be in Secret Satans.

With Love and Kisses and an Iron Fist,
    Your Pink Holiday Administrator.

:bz
    You may consider updating the op to not include
    DO NOT TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT, WE MIGHT HAVE A THREAD ABOUT THAT! IF WE DO NOT, THEN JUST LINK A WISHLIST IN YOUR SIG.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.