As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[HALO] is dead.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am not certain I want to pay full price for this collection. It seems like the remade Halo2 is the only great thing about it.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I am not certain I want to pay full price for this collection. It seems like the remade Halo2 is the only great thing about it.
    It's interesting they didn't make them available separately. I imagine H2A would sell like crazy still as a standalone. Still, it's basically $15 per game which isn't much more than buying them used for 360. I am personally getting it for 2 and 3. The Halo 1 remake was just okay in my book and I did not like Halo 4 much. For me, the nostalgia I have for 2 and 3 were enough to hook me in.

• SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    I am 100% on board with this.

I have so many great memories with this franchise.

Playing the "I could have been your daddy..." level over and over again on Halo the original Xbox because I loved the vehicles so much.

Beating the last level of the campaign on legendary with my friend for the first time. That warthog run remains epic.

Blood Gulch on Halo 2. Nuff said.

Hell, even watching the trailer for Halo 3 for the first time on my first hd tv and nearly crying at how pretty it looked.

Playing missile baseball in Halo 3 with the gravity hammer.

I'm not even that big of an FPS fan(or all that good at them, really), but this series is quality stuff. Hell, even my wife(who is TERRIBLE at these games) is anxious to join in, as she has fond memories of Halo games also.

I am too poor to get it day one, but I WILL have it before the week is out, because I need this thing in my veins.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, thinking... what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire? No. Your world will burn until its surface is but glass! And not even your Demon will live to creep, blackened, from its hole to mar the reflection of our passage; the culmination of our Journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I...I am their instrument!

No I don't.
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

i don't know, the whole package seems to be getting praise. of course the shiny new Halo 2 is the crown jewel, but it can only be a good thing to have the rest included rather than just getting the one remastered game for the same price.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I think I liked Halo 3 better than 2. Would of been nice if the equipment was a bit better/useful.

Going to miss the gravity hammer and sparten laser (if they didn't get added)

Video embargo lifted, expecting to see a lot of footage from the game in action. Saw some sweet 60fps, 1080p Halo 2 Classic played on Elongation. So much nostalgia! It's weird though, looks like they updated all medals to the Halo 4 designs. Strange to see these blue bordered emblems when I am used to low quality full colored medals.

So its just Halo 2 mp plus ar, right?

Also a little pissed that we didn't even get four player coop. Would of love to do a four player run through all four games.

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Video embargo lifted, expecting to see a lot of footage from the game in action. Saw some sweet 60fps, 1080p Halo 2 Classic played on Elongation. So much nostalgia! It's weird though, looks like they updated all medals to the Halo 4 designs. Strange to see these blue bordered emblems when I am used to low quality full colored medals.

There's two medal modes - some weird global medal system styled after Halo 4 across all 4 games, but then you can toggle it to show the original game's medals if you want

• jerichotwofourjerichotwofour The artist formally known as S043. Registered User regular
    Boy, that uh, that sure looks like Halo 4.

PSN: ZeroFourThree (PS3, PS4) | XBL: JerichoTwoFour (360, XB1)
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

But so much value for 60 bucks. I'm honestly excited for all of them, even 4 since I just replaced my 360 with the one. But yeah, H2 is the one I'm most excited about. I've never played a game as much as I've played Halo 2.

Steam: offday
    http://youtu.be/SFT2fgF0G3o

Hype levels critical!

just installed the Halo Channel app. it's almost time you guys!!!

• poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    picking up my copy tonight at midnight for xb1.

i love halo

poisonx on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    got it preloaded on my xbone, super psyched not to be dealing with silly physical media for something like this.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    set up a friends list, get those requests in for apamasterchief

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Damn you guys so much! My debt is never going to get cleared at this rate!

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    Yeah I expect to be playing H2A and Classic all night once it goes live.

Yeah I expect to be playing H2A and Classic all night once it goes live.

i'm jumping right in at the very beginning, the very first mission of the very first game. i never got around to picking up the anniversary edition so it's been so long since i played the original. don't see me blasting through the entire campaign in a single 12 hour marathon session this time around though. :)

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Yup I never played Anniversary either so I'm going to be starting from scratch and slowly working my way through the 4 games over the next year or so. (My baby is only 12 week sold now so.. it might legit take me that long)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    I'm watching Forward Unto Dawn to gear up, only 1 hour and 40 minutes to go! I'll be going straight to Halo 2 anniversary

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The Halo Channel has a decent number of videos up on it already. I hope some of the cool stuff from Waypoint like the motion comics makes it over, too.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Getting a physical copy of this... going to start from the beginning at some point. too many games on the plate.

One of the things I'm looking forward to is an ideally less lagged to hell version of the Spartan missions from Halo 4. :U

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Getting a physical copy of this... going to start from the beginning at some point. too many games on the plate.

One of the things I'm looking forward to is an ideally less lagged to hell version of the Spartan missions from Halo 4. :U

those missions were all terrible.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Eh I thought they were fun with friends, I liked the gameplay and enemy variety in 4 a lot, so they were fun as bonus horde mode kind of things. Also they won't be available for a few weeks I don't think

the Spartan Ops missions weren't that bad, and you could actually see 343 learning what worked and what didn't when the 2nd batch were released. i pretty much played them solo, with the occasional random, but i imagine they'd play a lot better with friends/a co-ordinated group.

pity we most likely wont see any more of them, it was a decent idea for bridging the gap between big releases.

edited November 2014
    it was a decent idea. They shouldn't have recycled single player maps over and over again. what ever happened to map packs? Id happily have paid £15-25 every 3 months for 6 horde mode maps. They actually did more with variation than destiny though. Halo 4 just had none of the loot to make it worth while.

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    the Spartan Ops missions weren't that bad, and you could actually see 343 learning what worked and what didn't when the 2nd batch were released. i pretty much played them solo, with the occasional random, but i imagine they'd play a lot better with friends/a co-ordinated group.

pity we most likely wont see any more of them, it was a decent idea for bridging the gap between big releases.

Yeah, I liked them. The worst thing about them was the fact that the presence of another another player would turn it all into a laggy mess... :T

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Wasn't worth losing firefight for, though.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Yeah, I liked them. The worst thing about them was the fact that the presence of another another player would turn it all into a laggy mess... :T

Eh, depends (though more often then not, yeah, lagfest). Had some really good games with it (probably because I was host) and playing splitscreen with my buddy wasn't bad.

Except for the fact that we both needed gold to play SpartanOps even if we were the only two players.

newSig.jpg
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    A loot system would be awesome

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Halo 4 doesn't have enough enemy types to keep SpOps interesting through all 50 missions. SpOps also piles on too many enemies in the missions, so they can get tedious.

I have to download the whole 60GIG AGAIN!? Fuck this MS, bed time, see you in the morning.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    edited November 2014
    Prohass wrote: »
    A loot system would be awesome

Yeah, but it wouldn't really be Halo-esque either. Spartan Ops maybe as a standalone title?

SPARTAN OPS: DESTINY EDITION.

tastydonuts on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    God Microsoft customer support and service is god awful. They supposedly shipped my XBox back to me last Thursday, but the tracking number they have listed is still not in Fedex's system three business days later. So either they didn't actually ship it and their system is god awful terrible and lacking a state between "fixed it" and "shipped it back", or the tracking number they entered is wrong (also stupid and god awful), or they just flat haven't taken it to Fedex yet after three business days marked "shipped back" (completely unacceptable).

At any rate, who knows when I'll get to reprise my role as Master Chief. Could be tomorrow, could be next week. I'm just as likely to find out from an Amazonian shaman as I am to get a reasonable answer from Microsoft's god awful system.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Man, I cannot get this Halo Fest live event to stream smoothly

YouTube is streaming fine; it seems to only be the Live Events app which I presume is getting overloaded

trying the halo channel app which finally shows the event as playing live

:L

Edit: it's working better in halo channel and they're talking to Aisha Tyler so all is forgiven

desc on
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Halo 5 looks like it's adding all the cool stuff Titans in Destiny get (shoulder charge, ground pound).

I find all that stuff fun in Destiny so I'm cool with it.

More importantly, Halo 5 seems to be bringing Evil Master Chief in to play to hunt John-117 down for some unexplained crime. Can't wait for the rest of the second Halo trilogy story.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Dudes there are 43 people in front of me in line to pick up Halo

I am fascinated by this crowd in the era of downloads

I honestly did expect anyone to really be here

You'd be surprised. Outside of core gamers, and PC gamers, downloading hasn't caught on as much on consoles. I have a few friends that really only play select games that don't buy anything digital. They have a lot of the concerns we got over years and years ago through liberal Steam usage.

This discussion has been closed.