Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Disgaea]: D2 Out On Steam, D5 Coming To Nintendo Switch

1252627282931»

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I must be the only one on the planet who likes D2's story most...

Also, I had a random thought: is it viable to patch The Invasion From Within into the Steam version?

That’s just your style?

steam_sig.png
    cj iwakura
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    In other neat news apparently D5 did really well on the Switch, especially in North America, and exceeded NIS's expectations.

As to the series overall success in the West (which has been very good) NIS President had this to say about it, "As for why that is, I have no clue, but because that is the case we're going to make more and more Disgaeas and release them into the world."

Axen on
    MirkelKreutzHefflingTalithKlatuNitsua
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I like the parts of 5 that are anything other than "next time on Dragon Ball Z".
    If you cut those 80 %, I enjoyed it more than 4.

• KlatuKlatu Registered User regular
    I'm on board for Disgaeas as long as they keep up the quality. I already own 2 copies of Disgaea 1 and I'm probably going to cave and get it again for the switch. I won't need to get 5 again though. But i'd be happy with any of the ps3 Disgaeas to be re-released on the switch. I do like having those platinums for the PS achieves though.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    I get removing "pyon", but then adding "plip" just seems selfdefeating.

cj iwakura wrote: »
    I must be the only one on the planet who likes D2's story most...

Also, I had a random thought: is it viable to patch The Invasion From Within into the Steam version?

D2 is the one with Rasetsu mode? D2 was fine, the jump from 20 stars to Rasetsu in post game was a killer though.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Going from 5 back to 1 for Complete sure is a thing. The good old days before any sequels could add quality of life adjustments and new systems.

Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
    KlatuKreutz
    As long as the innocent farm is still a thing in games going forwards I'm happy. Levelling up innocents in old games is super painful :(

PLAHeffling
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    I loved 3's classroom seating mechanic.

9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
    "D2" as in Disgaea 2, or the one that's actually named "D2"?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    "D2" as in Disgaea 2, or the one that's actually named "D2"?

Disgaea 2, I'm not a fan of DD2. (Which is how I'd abbreviate it anyway)

9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    As long as the innocent farm is still a thing in games going forwards I'm happy. Levelling up innocents in old games is super painful :(

Tell me more about this innocent farm.

steam_sig.png
    Disgaea D2 took a mechanic that existed in Disgaea 4 and made it actually usable, so I'm glad Defender carried over to Disgaea 5. Disgaea 5 also added something like Rampart Aura, so that's neat.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I keep waiting to see if DD2 will get announced for the Switch or the PS4 or Steam because I want to play it, but I don't want to have to dig out my PS3 to do so.

Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
    Klatu
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    In other neat news apparently D5 did really well on the Switch, especially in North America, and exceeded NIS's expectations.

As to the series overall success in the West (which has been very good) NIS President had this to say about it, "As for why that is, I have no clue, but because that is the case we're going to make more and more Disgaeas and release them into the world."

It was a fairly high-quality, meaty game that released at a time when the Switch had basically nothing on it, so that wasn't particularly surprising to me.