Options

Presidential Election 2012: In the end, this might have all been worth it.

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »
    So that gay senator is apparently transphobic. She removed trans protections from the ENDA, under the pretenses that they would prevent it from passing, and it failed anyway.

fucking goddammit

I think the gun is being jumped here
    I offered an amendment to H.R. 3685 because I strongly believe that we must prohibit job discrimination against people because of their gender identity.

This is a complex issue. Few people are very familiar with it or understand how a person’s body might not match one’s internal sense of gender. But, there are Americans who confront this reality and therefore seek to live as the other gender in order to feel whole. This is not a new phenomenon... it is not a fad. And it certainly is not a reason to suffer discrimination in the workplace.

She doesn't sound transphobic. Spineless maybe. But maybe I'm just trying to be an optimist because I know the T-community badly needs an advocate or two or a hundred in the house.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    52.3% on Prop 30 with 66.3% counted.
    Woooh!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    things that are great about today:

1) hella weeeeeeeeeed

2) gay marriage up ins

3) no more dbrock politics

fuuuuuuuck yeaaaaahhhh

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    So that gay senator is apparently transphobic. She removed trans protections from the ENDA, under the pretenses that they would prevent it from passing, and it failed anyway.

fucking goddammit

Removing something because you honestly think it will keep it from passing -- in this case trans protections -- is not being transphobic.
    That same logic means not wanting a gay marriage issue brought up as a rider back when it was much more controversial means you're a homophobe.
    That just doesn't fly.

While I don't like seeing less protections, I think that's a pretty uncalled for assertion, @Pharezon

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    tonight owned

• Options
    crowd at the Showbox in Seattle when Obama won

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qLSNYwVVbsU

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    i got my flirt on hardcore tonight too

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Heh someone teased the republican guy at my work today and he got piiiiissed

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Don't most work places frown on that kind of stuff?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    To be fair I can understand the guy being a bit miffed, because the guy teasing him went "haha Obama won!"

But then he said "I know he's not been the best president but -"

And got cut off with "HE'S BEEN A TERRIBLE PRESIDENT! DO YOU THINK OBAMACARE WILL ACTUALLY WORK?!?"

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    oh my god florida could you just finish up

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    The Betman wrote: »

who cares!

god it feels good to say that about a Florida election

• Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    The Betman wrote: »

Apparently, no

xxQ01.png

Skylark on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    bachmann's lead is .6% with 93% of ballots in

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I care!

With 98% of my county's precinct reporting, it looked like we'd gone blue again, but apparently that last 2% was just overwhelmingly Republican

Bummed me out a little

• Options
    i know, it's just bugging me to see a state at 100% and still not reporting a winner

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular

fucking goddammit

I think the gun is being jumped here
    I offered an amendment to H.R. 3685 because I strongly believe that we must prohibit job discrimination against people because of their gender identity.

This is a complex issue. Few people are very familiar with it or understand how a person’s body might not match one’s internal sense of gender. But, there are Americans who confront this reality and therefore seek to live as the other gender in order to feel whole. This is not a new phenomenon... it is not a fad. And it certainly is not a reason to suffer discrimination in the workplace.

She doesn't sound transphobic. Spineless maybe. But maybe I'm just trying to be an optimist because I know the T-community badly needs an advocate or two or a hundred in the house.

yeah I read some of the press stuff on my tramride to work and it doesn't seem like shes transphobic to me, just trying to get a bill to pass.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    that's it, the dream is dead

97% of ballots in and her lead's at .8%

way to go, suburban/rural minnesota

you FUCKED IT UP

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    From SA
    FnqLG.gif

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    Xanax and wine dont dull the pain. Kitty in my lap all nightt. If only he knew the evil that resides in me now. Tomorrow i join a militia and start the next civil war to rid our country of garbage.

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Not looking forward to hearing my dad bitch about this tomorrow

am looking forward to not having Mitt as president

this was my first time voting so I'm pretty fired up

• Options
    Crowbawt wrote: »
    Not looking forward to hearing my dad bitch about this tomorrow
    Weird, I look forward to my mom complaining.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Berk wrote: »
    Xanax and wine dont dull the pain. Kitty in my lap all nightt. If only he knew the evil that resides in me now. Tomorrow i join a militia and start the next civil war to rid our country of garbage.

You work in Sanitation?

• Options
    Just an fyi, but I listened to Rush Limbaugh during the 20-30 minute trip to the polls.

Voting was like eating a plump bratwurst.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Just an fyi, but I listened to Rush Limbaugh during the 20-30 minute trip to the polls.

@nightmarenny said that perhaps I shouldn't make plans for gloating before the election occurred, but now that it has:

I cannot wait to hear those fuckwads Sean Hannity and Mark Levin weigh in on the election

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuFYezKB-0E

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    looks like maryland and maine also got same sex marriage
    radicool

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

shit

that sounds delicious

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    AP still hasn't called it, but it looks like Bachmann will probably win. Booooo.

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i have made so many facebook posts tonight

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    looks like maryland and maine also got same sex marriage
    radicool

I was so wrapped up in the presidential election that I had completely forgotten about every other vote, so it was delicious buttercream icing to see this, California's school tax, Akin and Murloc's defeat, and the promise of drama from Colorado and Washington legalizing a federally illicit substance.

It's been a good night, even if I have to catch up on work at 5am.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm so irritated that I've been in Europe for the last two elections, so all the exciting bit goes down while I'm asleep. Last US election I was able to follow in real time was in 2004, which was just depressing.

• Options
    Oh hey so Madonna is supposed to strip at a concert now that Obama won a second term right?

• Options
    Really wish I could find an update on whether or not the local high school's restoration measure passed or not

i might not like the school but it could be because it was 55 years old and had yet to receive a real update

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    To be fair I can understand the guy being a bit miffed, because the guy teasing him went "haha Obama won!"

But then he said "I know he's not been the best president but -"

And got cut off with "HE'S BEEN A TERRIBLE PRESIDENT! DO YOU THINK OBAMACARE WILL ACTUALLY WORK?!?"

And that's why we don't talk about these things at work.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    We didn't pass the 204 to fund education. Also Arpio still sheriffin'

But hey it's Arizona, so what do ya expect

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    neville wrote: »

fucking goddammit

Removing something because you honestly think it will keep it from passing -- in this case trans protections -- is not being transphobic.
    That same logic means not wanting a gay marriage issue brought up as a rider back when it was much more controversial means you're a homophobe.
    That just doesn't fly.

While I don't like seeing less protections, I think that's a pretty uncalled for assertion, @Pharezon

Reading more about it, perhaps it isn't transphobic. But it's still playing political games with people's safety and well being. Being spineless and wishy washy doesn't do any good when people are being killed, denied healthcare, and housing. Gaining basic protections, rights, and services for trans people requires a backbone and an acknowledgement that people's lives aren't political capital to be traded and sacrificed in service of passing legislation.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Send an email to my dad.

Hey Dad,

Sorry I haven't written in a while.
    Also, SUCK IT.

Love,
    Your son (SUCK IT)

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    (Editor's note: This email may not have actually been sent)

nevillexmassig1.png
This discussion has been closed.