Options

Presidential Election 2012: In the end, this might have all been worth it.

145791037

Posts

  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    While I am not North American, I do thank all the US citizens in behalf of the rest of the world, we feel a bit safer now, from all your murdering psychos who like to unbalance governments and invade and destroy other countries.

    Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2012
    Tef wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    Just a big old sigh of relief

    Thank fuck for that

    all I need now is for Tony Abbott to spontaneously combust into a giant burst of nothing

    and I can be at peace

    Yup. I'm really at a loss as to what I'm going to do at the next election to be honest

    Do what I do. Start with your most hated party and work backwards.
    although I always did have trouble placing One Nation vs Family First.

    tynic on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    Just a big old sigh of relief

    Thank fuck for that

    all I need now is for Tony Abbott to spontaneously combust into a giant burst of nothing

    and I can be at peace

    Yup. I'm really at a loss as to what I'm going to do at the next election to be honest

    Do what I do. Start with your most hated party and work backwards.
    although I always did have trouble placing One Nation vs Family First.

    Basically, just vote for the least terrible people.

  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I really wish the Sex Party took themselves a bit more seriously because they had (have?) some really good policies.

    Nic, do you still send in your vote?

    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

    bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Tef, just write in vote for Obama.

    You seem pretty pleased with him running America, so why not Australia too?

  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I hope Obama uses his presidential authority to interupt Fox News today and just dance on live TV.

    Full out Obama Gangnam Style.

  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Like dbrock except the opposite
    Well Dbrock just repeated the same opinion over and over again no matter what the evidence showed, hell, despite all the evidence.

    And Nate built an advanced mathematical algorithm which changed constantly as it took in new data.

    So yeah, best analogy.

    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    Just a big old sigh of relief

    Thank fuck for that

    all I need now is for Tony Abbott to spontaneously combust into a giant burst of nothing

    and I can be at peace

    Yup. I'm really at a loss as to what I'm going to do at the next election to be honest

    Democratic Socialist Perspective, motherfuckers! (The name would be a link if I wasn't on my phone) Or the Socialist Alliance.

    Do what you know you ought to, and vote for the future of the working class and the environment!

  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Nope

    The DSP couldn't be further up their own arse if they tried

    The socialist alliance generally isn't as bad but that's not saying much

    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

    bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I really wish the Sex Party took themselves a bit more seriously because they had (have?) some really good policies.

    Nic, do you still send in your vote?

    well, I did last time. I probably will this time, it's not much hassle.

    Also the socialist alliance is adorable and completely silly. I like voting for them high up on the list as a kind of sympathy nod, but if they ever had a chance at any real power I'd be looking at them a lot more critically. On the other hand, to get that chance they'd have had to get a lot more sensible anyway.

  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    I really wish the Sex Party took themselves a bit more seriously because they had (have?) some really good policies.

    Nic, do you still send in your vote?

    well, I did last time. I probably will this time, it's not much hassle.

    Also the socialist alliance is adorable and completely silly. I like voting for them high up on the list as a kind of sympathy nod, but if they ever had a chance at any real power I'd be looking at them a lot more critically. On the other hand, to get that chance they'd have had to get a lot more sensible anyway.

    It is great how in Australia you can vote for the smaller parties without throwing your vote away.

    broken image link
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    finally a good time to use the "don't like government? like guns? consider Somalia!" line

  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Like dbrock except the opposite
    Well Dbrock just repeated the same opinion over and over again no matter what the evidence showed, hell, despite all the evidence.

    And Nate built an advanced mathematical algorithm which changed constantly as it took in new data.

    So yeah, best analogy.

    Dbrock never had the same opinion twice in a row ever

    Also: I am looking forward to the mid term election, when after two years pot and gay marriage are shown to not have ended society as we know it maybe those things will actually get some strong support at least from the dems

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2012
    My australian political fantasy:

    Coalition finally dissolves, with the national party taking the more dinosauric and extremist Liberal party with them and withering into irrelevancy
    Labor merges with the greens to create a more left-leaning major party. Who would win because it's a fantasy dammit.
    Moderate Liberals merge with the inevitable splitoff from the Labor right to create the opposition (not really part of the fantasy but probably what would happen in the above scenario).
    Tony Abbott vanishes at sea while testing his new speedos.

    tynic on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    I more or less posted this already on facebook, but indulge me for a moment.

    Donald Trump, fuckface extraordinaire, decided the results of the election were a call for revolution.

    So I choose to call his bluff. Let's have our revolution. Let's find out exactly what the working poor of this nation do to people who spend twice their yearly income on their third meal of the day, known colloquially in parts of this country as dinner, or in others, supper.

    I am sure the descendants of a good portion of French noble families could educate him on the peril of his statements, but alas, they do not exist, because they perished root and stem during the Terror.

    While the rich do not understand the trials of the poor, let us say the equation is amplified when we state that the rich do not understand the unbridled, revolutionary rage of the poor.

    So go fuck yourself, Trump. Pull tight to your chin your sheets that cost more than it costs to clothe our children for a schoolyear and sleep tight knowing America will ignore your message.

    Embrace our ambivalence.

    Because if your call had half the sway you hope, in your wettest dreams, your ass would be yesterday's grass.

  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    My australian political fantasy:

    Coalition finally dissolves, with the national party taking the more dinosauric and extremist Liberal party with them and withering into irrelevancy
    Labor merges with the greens to create a more left-leaning major party. Who would win because it's a fantasy dammit.
    Moderate Liberals merge with the inevitable splitoff from the Labor right to create the opposition (not really part of the fantasy but probably what would happen in the above scenario).
    Tony Abbott vanishes at sea while testing his new speedos.

    THOSE COMMIE SUBMARINES TOOK HIM

  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    So that gay senator is apparently transphobic. She removed trans protections from the ENDA, under the pretenses that they would prevent it from passing, and it failed anyway.

    That's not transphobia. It isn't hateful or ignorant or reactionary to craft legislation you think will pass.

    Does she have documented cases where she says hurtful things about trans people? Has she built legislation that specifically targets trans people negatively?

    You can't throw around terms like that because someone did something you didn't like, it takes all meaning out of anything you say. A complete with us or you're a bigot reaction is hyperbolic and silly.

  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    both amendments failed in Minnesota

    fuckin hell yes

    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    indeed they can and washington too? and somewhere else??

    Maine I think?


    I think Maryland too

    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Gonna be so many people stoned at PAX next year.

    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I wish the Democrats (the Australian one) weren't defunct

    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

    bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Berk wrote: »
    1. Get off of Facebook
    2. Get a passport to Canada
    3. Lose weight so the Obama-nazis cannot put me in jail for being fat
    4. Sell as much as I can, as soon as I can, within reason.

    "I'm wondering, though, if we will now have an exodus of Republicans, as it seems a great number of them said they would move to Canada if Obama were reelected. You know, Canada - where gays have been able to marry for the past 7 years, and where they have universal health care. heh" -A north american citizen.

    Don't forget, limited free speech

  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I wish the Democrats (the Australian one) weren't defunct

    Eh, too much infighting and stupid bullshit. (says the guy urging people to vote for an Aussie socialist party, pick one, there's fucking dozens of them because they keep splintering, forming alliances, then splintering again...)

  • Options
    Binary SquidBinary Squid We all make choices Registered User regular
    Wooo. The survivalist market is going to be going crazy after this. Are there regulations in place to prevent bunker speculation?

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Minnesota got it mostly right last night. Voted blue, turned down the marriage amendment, buuuuut voted Bachmann back in office.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8JA9Qs2Mho

  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I wish the Democrats (the Australian one) weren't defunct

    Eh, too much infighting and stupid bullshit. (says the guy urging people to vote for an Aussie socialist party, pick one, there's fucking dozens of them because they keep splintering, forming alliances, then splintering again...)

    Yeah, that's what I meant. It's a pity that they couldn't get their shit together

    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

    bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I'm so happy today guys.

    Might be nice to everyone. Even the stupid people.


    But just for today.

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    I'm so happy today guys.

    Might be nice to everyone. Even the stupid people.


    But just for today.

    I'll be sure to chat with you today so you won't be mean to me for once.

  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Conservative radio host (not that one) likens Obama's victory/Romney's defeat to prison rape.

    VqOKw.png

  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Just woke up, and saw about Minnesota.

    I don't even care about Michele Bachmann, my smile when I went to sleep was permanent, and right now if anything it's actually bigger than it was then.

  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The amendment failing is great news.

  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Conservative radio host (not that one) likens Obama's victory/Romney's defeat to prison rape.

    VqOKw.png

    I thought his people supported prison rape

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    So he is the blue eyed blond aryan boy and obama the scary negro inmate?

  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i look forward to herman cain landsliding elizabeth warren in the 2016 election

  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Lol a Herman Cain presidency.

  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    mcbain dot jaypeg

  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Getting a cup of coffee at work today, a dude complained to me about 4 more years "or longer" of Obama.

    Overheard another old guy talking about how "you know" how Obama won the Hispanic vote (implying fraud).

    The schadenfreude is delicious today.

  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    I'm so happy today guys.

    Might be nice to everyone. Even the stupid people.


    But just for today.

    I'll be sure to chat with you today so you won't be mean to me for once.

    I look forward to it sweetie!

  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Conservative radio host (not that one) likens Obama's victory/Romney's defeat to prison rape.

    VqOKw.png

    Fucking hell Boortz I thought you were better than this.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    my one libertarian coworker wandering about the lab muttering 'fall of rome, fall of rome' to himself

    he was dismayed yesterday when he found out that gary johnson failed to get on the michigan ballot

This discussion has been closed.