As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo 3DS] THREAD OVER. POST IN NEW THREAD.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    The only store that sells new video games in my town is Wal-Mart and they are pretty much only stocked with Mario and Just Dance.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I was super disappointed to not find Luigi's Mansion at Wal*Mart yesterday. I got LEGO Lord of the Rings for 360 instead so it all worked out. Hopefully I can find Luigi's Mansion sometime soon though.

camo_sig2.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I was super disappointed to not find Luigi's Mansion at Wal*Mart yesterday. I got LEGO Lord of the Rings for 360 instead so it all worked out. Hopefully I can find Luigi's Mansion sometime soon though.

That is a terrible compromise.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    b1rdmanReynolds
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Nah - I love the LEGO games on 360. They are especially fun in coop with my wife.

camo_sig2.png
    b1rdman
  • WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    i couldn't find a copy of Luigi's Mansion anywhere in my area, everyone had copies but sold out. I had to order mine online. Yay free game with the XL!

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hardcore killed my 3DS battery today playing 999. Good stuff. I guess im close to the end, it's 3AM game time.

The 3DS one, VLR(?), is pretty much the same kind of game right? Im pretty sure i have to buy it.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Hardcore killed my 3DS battery today playing 999. Good stuff. I guess im close to the end, it's 3AM game time.

The 3DS one, VLR(?), is pretty much the same kind of game right? Im pretty sure i have to buy it.

VLR is billed as a "spiritual successor" to 999, but it's actually a direct sequel. Buy it once you get the 999 true ending, and be aware that there are bugs which can fuck up your game if you save during an escape sequence.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay what is the order of the Phoenix Wright games? I'm on Trials and Tribulations and Wikipedia lists Investigations: Miles Edgeworth as the next one but in the entry it's called the fifth game in the series not the fourth. Or is it totally wrong and Apollo Justice should come after Trials and Tribulations?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Apollo came after T&T.

Okay what is the order of the Phoenix Wright games? I'm on Trials and Tribulations and Wikipedia lists Investigations: Miles Edgeworth as the next one but in the entry it's called the fifth game in the series not the fourth. Or is it totally wrong and Apollo Justice should come after Trials and Tribulations?

Release wise, Apollo Justice is the fourth game in the series. Timeline wise, Investigations comes first.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Thanks guys.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

41q7hRfN64L.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Crossing-Prima-Official-Guide/dp/0307897079/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1365353008&sr=1-2&keywords=prima
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Prima Official Game Guide includes:

· You’re the mayor – learn about changing shop hours, building facilities, adding new features to your town and more.
    · Discover something new every day – this guide will show you what special things you can do each day of the year, right down to the best time to do it so that you don’t miss a thing.
    · Detailed furniture catalog – see how to acquire each piece of furniture for customizing your house and each accessory for your character.
    · Checklists for everything – keep track of items you get with checklists that cover each type of collectable.
    · Smaller trim size for portability, over 400 pages of content and a dust jacket for protecting the guide.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    ...portability...
    ...over 400 pages...

:whistle: One of these things is not like the other :whistle:

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    ...portability...
    ...over 400 pages...

Maybe it's on e-reader format.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I really want to buy everything on the eshop so I don't lose the carts (damn you MK7) but also I really want the physical carts. My first world problems are so hard.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    ...portability...
    ...over 400 pages...

Maybe it's on e-reader format.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_e-Reader?

:lol:

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
    CantidoRockinXTDawgNeurotika
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Well, you can carry it in a backpack.

That counts as portability, I guess.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    ...portability...
    ...over 400 pages...

Prima's made recent guides in a smaller size format that's about half the height and width. Everything is just smaller inside.

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Yeah look at the form factor in the picture. You could possibly fit that in a pocket, maybe.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    Yeah look at the form factor in the picture. You could possibly fit that in a pocket, maybe.

The Sim City guide I saw was a small size and over 300 pages. It could fit into a largish cargo pocket. Definitely more portable than a full sized guide book.

Considering you can just hit the home button and look at the wiki in any 3DS game, especially one as chill as AC, this guide seems sort of...useless.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm just being a teasing prick. :p

By comparison, I have the guide for Ni No Kuni in my line of vision right now. It's also 400 pages.

I do not want to meet the person whose pocket that fits into.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I think you mean that all physical guides are useless.

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I think you mean that all physical guides are useless.

Normally, yes. But some guides are so well done that they're fun to read on their own, and some games have terrible Gamefaqs guides that make my eyes bleed.

Reynolds
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Some guides are just worth it for the art.
    Considering you can just hit the home button and look at the wiki in any 3DS game, especially one as chill as AC, this guide seems sort of...useless.

Actually if you play online a lot it would either prevent this or disconnect you.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Reynolds
    Yeah, I only thought of that after I posted. So I guess it would be nice for high stakes online negotiation!

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    If you hit Home while online it disconnects you?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    Physical guides are awesome. I still have a lot of love for my original PSO guide.

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I still buy the occasional guide, usually for Bethesda games.
    It's just nice to have all the info in one place and not have to rely on some wiki. Plus sometimes, I just don't want to look at a screen of some kind.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    If you hit Home while online it disconnects you?

If the game is well-designed it won't let you hit home. For example, it is blocked in Monster Hunter. The 3DS version of Monster Hunter tells you that if you close the 3DS while in multiplayer, the session will end.

It's basically pausing the game. You can't really pause a real time online game. Well, I suppose you could, and your avatar could just freeze or something, but the exploits would be enormous. "Oh, I'm about to be killed, Home!"

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    The only cool guides were the official Ocarina of Time one by Nintendo since it sorta read like a second-hand account of Link's accomplishments and the Kingdom Hearts 2 super special Form cover one (but only if you got Master or Final form) since that thing was a freaking tome.

Also it had stickers.

• Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    Hey, hey. Final Fantasy IX had a great guide, too.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
    Quical
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I wouldn't turn away a Monster Hunter guide.

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    You're all forgetting the greatest guide of all time.
    The Fallout 3 hardcover guide was fantastic.

So I bought Dragon Quest IX today, and it made me wonder when we're going to get some news on DQ VII. Unless we already did, and I just missed it like a big doofus.

Maz-
    Rizzi wrote: »
    You're all forgetting the greatest guide of all time.
    The Fallout 3 hardcover guide was fantastic.

So I bought Dragon Quest IX today, and it made me wonder when we're going to get some news on DQ VII. Unless we already did, and I just missed it like a big doofus.

Square Enix has been strangely hush hush when it comes to 3DS localization. It doesn't help that Nintendo will most likely be the ones publishing any DQ games.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hey, hey. Final Fantasy IX had a great guide, too.

You are a terrible person and I hate you with all my ...

Please log onto your playonline account to read more

AgahnimMaz-Turkey
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    The Dark Souls hardcover guide is really nice.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    And useless now.

• Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    SE seems to have more-or-less given up on DQ in the US, at least for anything less than brand-new mainline games. They backed out of localizing DQ6 and Monsters 2. But apparently Iwata has taken it upon himself to get the franchise recognition in the West, or maybe it was part of Nintendo's requirements when they nailed DQ 9 for the DS, but in any case Nintendo themselves published the two most recent games. And they don't tend to announce anything until the day before it comes out.

Taya wrote: »
    I wouldn't turn away a Monster Hunter guide.

The 8-4 podcast is always pimping some awesome unofficial guide for Tri and has been since it first came out on the Wii. Can't for the life of me remember what it is called though.

This discussion has been closed.