As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo 3DS] THREAD OVER. POST IN NEW THREAD.

1939495969799»

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    If I were Prima, I'd see about releasing guides as eShop apps you can download onto your system.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    There's a manga reader for the 3DS in Japan. It sucks.

I wouldn't want to read anything on a 3DS. Even on the Vita, it's not pleasant. BOOKS4LYFE

astronautcowboy3 on
    The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
    Ov3rcharge
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I didn't mind reading the in game book on the Hotel Dusk sequel nor the literature collection for the DS so I could probably handle something like that on the 3DS.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    DoubleJump made some of the most fucking amazing guides in the entire world. Scratch that, they weren't "guides". They were bibles.

Be right back, preparing a candlelight vigil to mourn their loss. :(

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Reynolds
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    If I were Prima, I'd see about releasing guides as eShop apps you can download onto your system.

When they start to integrate the Miiverse stuff with the 3DS, I am hoping to see this kind of thing. Knock the guides down to like 15 bucks and sell them digital? Too sexy. Although I am not expecting it to happen this way at all.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Gunman Clive, duck mode. Awesome. There needs to be more of this game.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    Turkey
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Way to show us all the exciting new features that have never been in Animal Crossing before, NoA!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    It looks so much like City Folk it's depressing. Ugh.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    Never played Animal Crossing before, that trailer isn't really bringing across to me what the big deal is...

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    carmofin wrote: »
    Never played Animal Crossing before, that trailer isn't really bringing across to me what the big deal is...

It's very much a game where either it is something that resonates with you, or it isn't. No shame in the latter result.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    carmofin wrote: »

There isn't a big deal, it's just a game. Unless you feel like most games are a big deal and this one is not.

It's the Sims in real time with less realism and more character.

Every few days your trees grow fruit which you can sell or plant to grow more fruit trees or trade with other people online who have different fruits from yours.

Every day there are some objects you can find buried in the ground which include fossils you can take to the museum to work on completing dinosaur skeletons.

Every week a boar lady pays a visit to your town and you can buy turnips at the going rate, and then try to sell them throughout the week for more than you bought them for, like a proto-stock market.

Every day the main shop has a different inventory of interesting items you can use to deck out your house.

Every week, a cool dog will put on a show in the local coffee house, and he'll give you a copy of the track he plays for your own use at home.

Random things will happen sometimes, like a shady fox will show up in a tent with some ill-gotten wares. Or an otter will be on your shoreline and will give you some sea-related item.

Just a lot of strange and fun things to do. Earn money, buy stuff, get it catalogued. Create textures, make your own clothes. Hang out with other people in their own towns.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Agahnim
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    Sounds like something that would really profit from a good Streetpass implementation.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
    Reynolds
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, though online is enough, I don't even care about streetpass when I can just trade with people from PA or whatever.

I know like...6 people in real life who are getting it though. It will be great times.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • EvilRedEyeEvilRedEye Registered User regular
    Just game overed for the first time in Etrian Odyssey and now I understand the benefit of keeping a detailed map.

Gone.
  • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    That night club looks dope.

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    RE: Animal Crossing streetpass, I think Streetpass is the savior of this game for me and its what has made me interested in it again (+ not having to have the cartridge taking up space in my DS so I can just play for a little bit at a time). I really enjoy passive multiplayer elements, and trading puzzle pieces and weapon gems in Kid Icarus has been delightful.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping there's more to do at night than go to a 'dance club'.

I mean, I really hoping there's more to do overall than the last two games, but

Night was super boring in AC. Because there was literally nothing to do unless you hadn't hunted for gold and fossils in the day.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    You can change the times the shops are open now. I have it, and just can't get into it like I used to though. I think it's because there's too much freedom; you can place your own house and easily choose the layout of your town. I'm paralyzed by my perfectionism. I wish I could unbuy it, and then rebuy it to start all over (like a fresh mental start) and approach it like I used to approach AC.

By the way, did any of you get Denpa Men? What's it like? I downloaded the demo for number two, but it didn't really resonate with me.

astronautcowboy3 on
    The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
    Traditional RPG, vaguely like a mega simple Dragon Quest VIII only with an insanely interesting way to get new party members with attacks.

The demo is very true to form though and you'll only get it if you can find a lot of wifi signals. Any major city block or mall or even most stripmalls have tons and tons of wifi signals these days though.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Just updated the OP a little in preparation for the new thread...mod approving of course. Please shoot me some suggestions for eShop games or recently releases I may have overlooked. Thanks!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Soul Hackers is out next week.

Etrian Odyssey 4 is out and awesome.

Unchained Blades for the eshop, Picdun 2 as well. (All four of those games mentioned are dungeon crawlers, heh.)

Megaman 1-3 are out on the VC, so is Legend of the River King. 4 and Harvest Moon are coming out in the next few weeks.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I am FOAMING for Animal Crossing.

I've been following dev very closely, along with buttloads of videos from Japanese versions and I think all the new stuff is awesome. The new town format and the mayor position with the online stuff is wonderful and I can't wait!

*foams*

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    After skipping City Folk, which I don't regret one bit, I'm ready for more Animal Crossing. My body is ready.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    Neurotika
    OP updated again. I'll make a new thread in the morning.

Wow....just look at those lists of games. Has any system had quite this many stellar titles so early in it's life? Even more amazing considering the system started with such a rocky beginning.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Quical
  • Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    OP updated again. I'll make a new thread in the morning.

Wow....just look at those lists of games. Has any system had quite this many stellar titles so early in it's life? Even more amazing considering the system started with such a rocky beginning.
    I jumped on the 3ds bandwagon in November and it feels like great games are constantly coming out for it. It's my favorite gaming device right now.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
This discussion has been closed.