As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This [Chat]

1717274767796

Posts

  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    it's not morning it's just very very late

    It'll be morning in like forty minutes.

    Wait you are so far north your times are all fucked up anyway.

    Do people ever use the word morning when midnight sun is going on?

    yeah, because at some point it starts to turn from almost-dusk to dawn

    I'm one hour ahead of bob, anyway. And not all that far north so it does look like dawn is going to come sometime.

    sky has gone from black to greyish blue.

    Huh, that's interesting.

    I'm actually really jealous. I might have mentioned this before, but I think stuff like such dramatic variation is super neat.

    I keep thinking "I should move to a country where this happens" and then I'm like "Oh right, Alaska. Duh."

    Then I think "I should move to a better country where this happens" :P

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I can sense you guys not watching the video I linked and I need you to know you are wrong.

    (It is Pendleton Ward's other show, they put the first episode online)

    it was okay. seems a little off.

    very good ending.

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    it's not morning it's just very very late

    It'll be morning in like forty minutes.

    Wait you are so far north your times are all fucked up anyway.

    Do people ever use the word morning when midnight sun is going on?

    yeah, because at some point it starts to turn from almost-dusk to dawn

    I'm one hour ahead of bob, anyway. And not all that far north so it does look like dawn is going to come sometime.

    sky has gone from black to greyish blue.

    Huh, that's interesting.

    I'm actually really jealous. I might have mentioned this before, but I think stuff like such dramatic variation is super neat.

    I keep thinking "I should move to a country where this happens" and then I'm like "Oh right, Alaska. Duh."

    Then I think "I should move to a better country where this happens" :P

    it makes summers pretty awesome.

    Usually. The midnight sun was annoying in the army after being used to sleeping in a pitch-black room.

    ftOqU21.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Featuring our brave team:
    21stcentury the farmer
    Deebaser the mason
    Delmain the brewer
    Feral the miner
    Jacobkosh the smith
    Riemannlives the Jeweler

    So... who wants to have sex with a miner?

    Anybody? Anybody? eh?

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Hey speaking of Alaska


    whatever happened to Prof M?

  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    it's not morning it's just very very late

    It'll be morning in like forty minutes.

    Wait you are so far north your times are all fucked up anyway.

    Do people ever use the word morning when midnight sun is going on?

    yeah, because at some point it starts to turn from almost-dusk to dawn

    I'm one hour ahead of bob, anyway. And not all that far north so it does look like dawn is going to come sometime.

    sky has gone from black to greyish blue.

    Huh, that's interesting.

    I'm actually really jealous. I might have mentioned this before, but I think stuff like such dramatic variation is super neat.

    I keep thinking "I should move to a country where this happens" and then I'm like "Oh right, Alaska. Duh."

    Then I think "I should move to a better country where this happens" :P

    it makes summers pretty awesome.

    Usually. The midnight sun was annoying in the army after being used to sleeping in a pitch-black room.

    I just find the whole thing awesome. I visit my aunt in Montana in early July every year and I love the changes. I mean it's not that far north, but it's still twilight until eleven and it gets sunny around six, and compared to where I am now, that's a huge difference. It's really trippy to really be able to see that.

  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Featuring our brave team:
    21stcentury the farmer
    Deebaser the mason
    Delmain the brewer
    Feral the miner
    Jacobkosh the smith
    Riemannlives the Jeweler

    So... who wants to have sex with a miner?

    Anybody? Anybody? eh?

    Oh hoh hoh. I'm not falling for THAT again.

    Eddy
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    it's not morning it's just very very late

    It'll be morning in like forty minutes.

    Wait you are so far north your times are all fucked up anyway.

    Do people ever use the word morning when midnight sun is going on?

    yeah, because at some point it starts to turn from almost-dusk to dawn

    I'm one hour ahead of bob, anyway. And not all that far north so it does look like dawn is going to come sometime.

    sky has gone from black to greyish blue.

    Huh, that's interesting.

    I'm actually really jealous. I might have mentioned this before, but I think stuff like such dramatic variation is super neat.

    I keep thinking "I should move to a country where this happens" and then I'm like "Oh right, Alaska. Duh."

    Then I think "I should move to a better country where this happens" :P

    it makes summers pretty awesome.

    Usually. The midnight sun was annoying in the army after being used to sleeping in a pitch-black room.

    I just find the whole thing awesome. I visit my aunt in Montana in early July every year and I love the changes. I mean it's not that far north, but it's still twilight until eleven and it gets sunny around six, and compared to where I am now, that's a huge difference. It's really trippy to really be able to see that.

    right now you're getting the better end of the stick. The darkness is coming for the northern lands.

    ftOqU21.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    it's not morning it's just very very late

    It'll be morning in like forty minutes.

    Wait you are so far north your times are all fucked up anyway.

    Do people ever use the word morning when midnight sun is going on?

    yeah, because at some point it starts to turn from almost-dusk to dawn

    I'm one hour ahead of bob, anyway. And not all that far north so it does look like dawn is going to come sometime.

    sky has gone from black to greyish blue.

    Huh, that's interesting.

    I'm actually really jealous. I might have mentioned this before, but I think stuff like such dramatic variation is super neat.

    I keep thinking "I should move to a country where this happens" and then I'm like "Oh right, Alaska. Duh."

    Then I think "I should move to a better country where this happens" :P

    it makes summers pretty awesome.

    Usually. The midnight sun was annoying in the army after being used to sleeping in a pitch-black room.

    I just find the whole thing awesome. I visit my aunt in Montana in early July every year and I love the changes. I mean it's not that far north, but it's still twilight until eleven and it gets sunny around six, and compared to where I am now, that's a huge difference. It's really trippy to really be able to see that.

    right now you're getting the better end of the stick. The darkness is coming for the northern lands.

    I'm sure it'd get boring after a while, but I kind of love darkness.

    The clouds and rain and wind and dark and cold have been steadily encroaching here, and it makes me ecstatic. I literally start bouncing everywhere when winter comes.

  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @Winky @Inquisitor @Abdhyius

    I'm going to make the thread, but I came to a realisation earlier - if I make an OP with the game's rules, then pretty much the entire game is going to be online, for free, in perpetuity. So I'm going to send you all a PM with the relevant rules for the game, and the OP will have a basic run-down of turn-by-turn play instead of being the entire PDF.

    OP will be up soon, and we can begin the opening procedures for the game!

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Take cold medicine

    down it with a glass of oj and tequila

    Time to play LoL and see if I can finish a match before falling asleep :D

  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Saw the newest Adventure Time. Loved it. Especially Prismo.
    I was hoping that evil alternate reality Finn would end up in Ooo and be a new villain. There's still the possibility for that, though, what with them introducing the multiverse. I imagine that the Fiona and Cake episode in this season is going to have to do with the alternate realities too.

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    @AresProphet

    well. . .okay. this isn't bad. the first chapter seemed to be a bit silly but.

    DasUberEdward on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    it's not morning it's just very very late

    It'll be morning in like forty minutes.

    Wait you are so far north your times are all fucked up anyway.

    Do people ever use the word morning when midnight sun is going on?

    yeah, because at some point it starts to turn from almost-dusk to dawn

    I'm one hour ahead of bob, anyway. And not all that far north so it does look like dawn is going to come sometime.

    sky has gone from black to greyish blue.

    Huh, that's interesting.

    I'm actually really jealous. I might have mentioned this before, but I think stuff like such dramatic variation is super neat.

    I keep thinking "I should move to a country where this happens" and then I'm like "Oh right, Alaska. Duh."

    Then I think "I should move to a better country where this happens" :P

    it makes summers pretty awesome.

    Usually. The midnight sun was annoying in the army after being used to sleeping in a pitch-black room.

    I just find the whole thing awesome. I visit my aunt in Montana in early July every year and I love the changes. I mean it's not that far north, but it's still twilight until eleven and it gets sunny around six, and compared to where I am now, that's a huge difference. It's really trippy to really be able to see that.

    right now you're getting the better end of the stick. The darkness is coming for the northern lands.

    I'm sure it'd get boring after a while, but I kind of love darkness.

    The clouds and rain and wind and dark and cold have been steadily encroaching here, and it makes me ecstatic. I literally start bouncing everywhere when winter comes.

    I gotta admit it does suit the season very well.

    This is the good part of winter. With the cold, rainy, stormy days.

    The part where everything's just dead and cold including the weather is boring.

    ftOqU21.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    grah crap I need to finish mechanics assignment by noon.

    08:45 now and lecture at 10, so basically I have to get it done before then. And shower and get ready for school an everything.

    ftOqU21.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    or just hand in an incomprehensible mess.

    arright making coffee. Gonna get this shit done.

    ftOqU21.png
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    You know what's sheer, unadulterated literary 100-mph chin music?

    The World That Never Was by Alex Butterworth. I swear to God I have never read a tougher book in my life that I still knew was playing fair. Every single page it seems there's another word or two I've never seen before.

    I am going to flip randomly to... let's see... page 81. From pages 81-85, here are the words used that I do not recognize:

    peremptory
    insouciant
    rookeries
    saturnalian
    soirees
    expiate
    Mephistophelian

    That's just a five-page spread. The entire book hits you with that kind of vocabulary.

    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Gosling wrote: »
    You know what's sheer, unadulterated literary 100-mph chin music?

    The World That Never Was by Alex Butterworth. I swear to God I have never read a tougher book in my life that I still knew was playing fair. Every single page it seems there's another word or two I've never seen before.

    I am going to flip randomly to... let's see... page 81. From pages 81-85, here are the words used that I do not recognize:

    peremptory
    insouciant
    rookeries
    saturnalian
    soirees
    expiate
    Mephistophelian

    That's just a five-page spread. The entire book hits you with that kind of vocabulary.

    The only one of these that I recognize enough to even guess the meaning for are actually from proper nouns.

    That's basically cheating though and sort of ridiculous.

  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    expand yo vocab, mtv

    fuck gendered marketing
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    It's like... I know there's an awesome story in there. The book is about anarchism in the United States and Europe in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It's worth the struggle. But holy shit, Butterworth is not screwing around. He demands a ton of you and does not let up at all.

    Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Miners are always feral, that kinda is their thing

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Featuring our brave team:
    21stcentury the farmer
    Deebaser the mason
    Delmain the brewer
    Feral the miner
    Jacobkosh the smith
    Riemannlives the Jeweler

    So... who wants to have sex with a miner?

    Anybody? Anybody? eh?

    They reproduce via spores rather than sex

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Miners are always feral, that kinda is their thing

    I... wha?

    fuck gendered marketing
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    Featuring our brave team:
    21stcentury the farmer
    Deebaser the mason
    Delmain the brewer
    Feral the miner
    Jacobkosh the smith
    Riemannlives the Jeweler

    So... who wants to have sex with a miner?

    Anybody? Anybody? eh?

    are none of the dwarfs female then?

    fuck gendered marketing
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    "simonwolf wrote: »

    I'm going to make the thread, but I came to a realisation earlier - if I make an OP with the game's rules, then pretty much the entire game is going to be online, for free, in perpetuity. So I'm going to send you all a PM with the relevant rules for the game, and the OP will have a basic run-down of turn-by-turn play instead of being the entire PDF.

    OP will be up soon, and we can begin the opening procedures for the game!

    That game seems interesting. I will no doubt read a bit and then lose track and forget about it

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    peremptory
    insouciant
    rookeries
    saturnalian
    soirees
    expiate
    Mephistophelian

    I know four of those for sure, and one I think I know
    Insouciant - innocent, youthful
    rookeries - aviaries? I think
    saturnalian - in the manner of Saturnalia, a Roman festival of the sun. I would read this as bacchanalian, pagan, wanton
    soirees - galas, balls
    Mephistophelian - in the manner of Mephistopheles, alternately described as the Devil or one of his demons. So infernal, devilish, wicked.

  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Man I think I like cheesy action movies too much

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    dammit not sleepy yet >.<

  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    gonna try anyway

    gnight, chat

  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular


    My future robot body can have tentacles now.

  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I'm going to make the thread, but I came to a realisation earlier - if I make an OP with the game's rules, then pretty much the entire game is going to be online, for free, in perpetuity. So I'm going to send you all a PM with the relevant rules for the game, and the OP will have a basic run-down of turn-by-turn play instead of being the entire PDF.

    OP will be up soon, and we can begin the opening procedures for the game!

    That game seems interesting. I will no doubt read a bit and then lose track and forget about it

    A good policy to have, yes, I think I did the same with your CYOA thing.

  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »


    My future robot body can have tentacles now.

    The Japanese have to be pissed that the Italians got there first.

    Cinders
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I didn't know peremptory and expiate; peremptory's etymology felt like annoyingly obscure latin while expiate's etymology was fairly straightforward (I just didn't know it)

    *repeatedly twists own ears in displeasure*

    Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Ahhhhh.

    That's some black coffee alright.

    I always forget how much coffee I should use in the french press so it's usually "a lot". First two joints on my index finger's worth of coffee in it today.

    eating cornflakes out of the pot I heated water in for coffee, as it is the only suitable item for corn flakes that is clean.

    ftOqU21.png
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Miners are always feral, that kinda is their thing

    I... wha?

    I've heard stories about the miners in WA and the Copperbelt that'd make your chaps chafe themselves

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Miners are always feral, that kinda is their thing

    I... wha?

    I've heard stories about the miners in WA and the Copperbelt that'd make your chaps chafe themselves

    If you get attacked by one, throw a pack of beef jerky at them and run.

  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    The audience guest at the start of Craig Ferguson looks like the love child of Tobey Maguire and Dobby the house elf.

    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Again: the entire book has words like that.

    Let me hit you with one complete sentence from the book. From page 195:

    "And in such essays as Reclus' 'Ouvrier, prends la machine!', with its loathing of artifice, suburbs and spiritual deracination, and medievalist longing, there was surely much for Morris to approve."

    Have fun.

    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Miners are always feral, that kinda is their thing

    I... wha?

    I've heard stories about the miners in WA and the Copperbelt that'd make your chaps chafe themselves

    If you get attacked by one, throw a pack of beef jerky at them and run.

    while shouting over my shoulder "think of me as Fool's Gold"

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    reading bad machinery again from the start - after reading scary go round again from the start this weekend - is a good way to start the day.

    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.