As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Singing Resources?

My google-fu is not doing so fantastically versus the massive amounts of misdirection, spam, and genuine sites masking themselves with horrible web design, so I wanted to also ask here: is there anything useful on the web for people who want to sing better?

I'm doing it for fun. I walk to and from work at night, out of earshot for the most part. I just want to see if I could sing better, since I end up singing a lot along the way anyway. Nothing hinges on this, which I think helps me genuinely enjoy it even when I sing terribly.

So I'm not looking for any shortcuts or rad hidden sites that have All The Secrets To Transform You Into A Professional Singer(TM), just whatever resources there might be for some toolbox with a long commute to work who really enjoys singing badly and wants to see if he can improve.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Don't know much about websites. Do you have a community college or university nearby that you can take voice lessons from? Even if can't take say a full semester, having just a couple sessions of someone who can listen to you objectively and help you out with beginning technique and breathing stuff can give you a pretty good initial boost.

steam_sig.png
  • Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    Yeah, taking a full semester course isn't exactly where I was going with this, but some sessions with someone sounds like it could have some good returns. Ultimately, I'm curious about using some excess restlessness to see if I can improve my singing primarily while I'm on my long commutes on foot to work.

YouTube just occurred to me, embarrassed to think I hadn't looked there yet.