Options

Toich screens and gloves

It is starting to get cold and I have started using my favorite pair of gloves, which has begun to present a problem with using my phone. Occasionally it will register a touch but I would like something more reliable.

Do they make capacitive material in a fabric or otherwise flexible form I could glue or sew to the tip of my index finger on the glove and use with my phone?

I tried doing a quick search but it only gave me premade gloves or stylus options.

4dm3dwuxq302.png

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Some of the phone manufacturers are working on that, I think the Nokia 920 lets you use gloves. That said, I've heard of A-Gloves or Aglove? They're supposed to be ok and no ridiculous prices. 3rd hand info though. OH, you want to use your existing gloves? Ow, never seen a glove uh, addon that does that. Sorry.

Nosf on
  • Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Maybe a stylus would be good idea. There are styli for iPad which most likley work on other devices as well. Maybe it is possible to craft something yourself compareable to the thumb strap which was included in the original DS.

Otherwise I noticed you can control capacitive touch screen devices with sausages >.> <.< .

Dratatoo on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Dratatoo wrote: »
    Dratatoo wrote: »
    Otherwise I noticed you can control capacitive touch screen devices with sausages >.> <.< .

EUUUGGGHH WHY DO YOU KNOW THAT

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Japan

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    I think your best bet would be to find the cheapest gloves that have the touchscreen usable material on them, then cut the patches off and sew/glue it onto the gloves you like.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I thought it was Korea.

Anyway, i think ikea can a limited edition sewing kit where you could see capacitive threads into things to enable touch.

Try searching for something similar?

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I thought it was Korea.

Anyway, i think ikea can a limited edition sewing kit where you could see capacitive threads into things to enable touch.

Try searching for something similar?

Quick amazon search with that idea yielded this
    http://www.amazon.com/Conductive-thread-screen-gloves-texting/dp/B0063UL9DS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353472627&sr=8-1&keywords=Capacitive+thread

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Thanks for the ideas guys! I saw capacitive gloves at BJs today and I may be able to harvest the material from them.
    They seem cheaply made so could probably pull the stitching.

4dm3dwuxq302.png