As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Planetside 2 VANU] Apparently there have been upgrades! People are playing this!

• Options
    ShimazuShimazu Registered User regular
    Got my auraxium medal for the Phobos in... four days? I tried the auto-shotty and Nova for about an hour just for the sake of comparison and jesus christ are they terrible.

FFXIV - Cao Cao @ Sargatanas
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    citizen059 wrote: »
    Enig wrote: »

Lancer will be getting some range/charge time buffs and hopefully the into/out of ADS fix.

Awwww yeahhhh

Sounds good.

I haven't tried the Lancer yet, but if this video is accurate I don't see why I would. Maybe somebody who has one can tell me if there's something I'm missing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk2UbSzWEDc

That doesn't seem terribly bad to me, especially in light of the fact that the Lancer is getting a charge-time buff. The point of the Lancer is it trades some damage output for accuracy. It is the most accurate AV weapon in the game, by a lot, and does not rely on lock-ons.

Ok, if you want straight damage on a stationary target, maybe just use the default rocket launcher then and learn its arc. But against moving targets? Yeah, I'm going to stick with the Lancer.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    KiaburraKiaburra Registered User regular
    This weekend is another double XP and double station cash weekend to promote the new PS2 app. Hope my local Walmart has the +500 cards in.

Planetside2: Sincerity of COA
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    welp. guess I'm gonna have like..a ton of station cash D:

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Unfortunately, I'm not getting any SC cards....I rarely have anyone to play with as it is, and I'm already floating 750+ certs since nothing looks like a need to have item right now, and I'm not paying 7 bucks for the smg which is the only thing my infiltrator needs.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    übergeek wrote: »
    Unforutnately, I'm not getting any SC cards....I rarely have anyone to play with as it is, and I'm already floating 750+ certs since nothing looks like a need to have item right now, and I'm not paying 7 bucks for the smg which si the only thing my infiltrator needs.

The SMG + Silencer (And bouncing betty) for an infiltrator is awesome.

Completely changes that class.

So glad I got it.

Edit: Though I used certs, not SC

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Mortious wrote: »
    Unforutnately, I'm not getting any SC cards....I rarely have anyone to play with as it is, and I'm already floating 750+ certs since nothing looks like a need to have item right now, and I'm not paying 7 bucks for the smg which si the only thing my infiltrator needs.

The SMG + Silencer (And bouncing betty) for an infiltrator is awesome.

Completely changes that class.

So glad I got it.

Edit: Though I used certs, not SC

Oh, I know, I've seen it in action. I just make do with my pistol for now. It would be nice, but I'm waiting for the sale. I have 2170 SC left, but I'm not really seeing anything that says "Yeah that's worth 7 bucks to me" case in point, the Lancer. 150 base damage without the charge? Really? That's 27 shots at the -rear- to kill a MBT. I think you only get 24 (This assumes the MBT does in fact have 8000 health, it was kinda hard to pin down the actual number looking for it through Google).

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I really just want the dumb re-cert thing to come out, already

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Re-cert? As in... unspend certs to redo them? Is that a thing they have plans for?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah you're gonna be able to buy them with SC, sooner or later

it was supposedly gonna happen in march, but then at some point the post in the upcoming features forum got changed from march to 'unscheduled' or whatever, so who knows. It sucks because I've probably got like, 3000 certs or something that I'd like to use on something else.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I was getting the repair bug again after this most recent mini-patch. Not nearly as bad as before, but I hope this thing is quashed before the double exp weekend.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I made a guy so mad today that he actually made a new account to hack on and try to grief me. Battle Rank 1 NC player teleporting and shooting through walls inside of Vanu controlled spawn rooms, sounds legit.

Shimazu on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Shimazu wrote: »
    I made a guy so mad today that he actually made a new account to hack on and try to grief me. Battle Rank 1 NC player teleporting and shooting through walls inside of Vanu controlled spawn rooms, sounds legit.

Hahaha holy fuck, I'm going to have to get one of those shotguns if it makes people that angry. Which one was it?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Get the pump shotgun. It fires 10 pellets compared to the 6 of the semi and full auto shotties.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yar, the Phobos. Re-installing my Planetside 2, not using Steam this time. I am foolishly hoping that this will fix my spawn beacon issues, which are making me rage hard. I just got the max rank, I'd like to take advantage.

Shimazu on
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    This lock-on launcher bug is getting really annoying, and looks like it's getting worse.

Only around 1 in 5 shots are firing now, but of course by that time they're out of range.

It's pretty much worthless now.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Double XP is on and I enjoyed it tonight. Fought for TI Alloys and got this awesome screenshot:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=134993129

And so, Jimi Hendrix started to play Purple Rain and Vanu fell from the skies.

Lt Muffin360 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    If Hendrix is on our side, who can stand against us?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I want to hear Hendrix play Purple Rain.

• Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    Purple Haze, not Purple Rain. Purple Rain = Prince.

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    Purple Haze, not Purple Rain. Purple Rain = Prince.

Whoops... my bad. Was a bit tired when I wrote this. Purple Haze works due to the gun fire. Guess both works in this case.

I laughed at the fact that I was stupid enough to not notice this screw up though. Therefore, I am going to leave my stupidity for the rest of the world to enjoy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    You chose ... poorly.

• Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    You chose ... poorly.

/thread

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    You chose ... poorly.

Time to change his avatar:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP8NEIGJQ66pVH1GmvOHrvlkV2waxgghc_x2OstjyTYut76l96Gw

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    You chose ... poorly.

Time to change his avatar:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP8NEIGJQ66pVH1GmvOHrvlkV2waxgghc_x2OstjyTYut76l96Gw

Done.

Edit: well, it was done but i didn't think people wanted to be staring at a decayed skeleton all the time. So I changed it to something still on topic yet just as bad.

Lt Muffin360 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    If anyone is on and can invite me, I'm GMaster7 in game and I'm looking to join up.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    I know it is Friday night but if you are on for the double xp, I am in vent and if not, let me know in game you are and I will jump on.

Basically, "CALLING ALL VANU, WILL HAS SUMMONED US!"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I know it is Friday night but if you are on for the double xp, I am in vent and if not, let me know in game you are and I will jump on.

Basically, "CALLING ALL VANU, WILL HAS SUMMONED US!"

I was on a bit earlier....but it's all pump action shotguns and us being outnumbered everywhere. It's.....just not fun right now.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    I've been playing all week and it's only getting steadily worse population wise.

AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    They really need to do some population rebalancing. I'm getting real tired of just logging in, seeing that we have nothing to our name except for one tile that we're clinging to because we can't do anything else.

• Options
    They really need to do some population rebalancing. I'm getting real tired of just logging in, seeing that we have nothing to our name except for one tile that we're clinging to because we can't do anything else.

Doesn't mean you can't have fun. Hell, populations were so much that I actually was forced to play on Amerish. Which is awesome. I love Amerish. Plus the fighting was fantastic. I was at Sungrey for hours.

Helped to take it first from TR. As we took it, NC started to take it. Held them off and then started to push them out to the outlining bases. As we capped their last outlining spawn point, the TR showed up again. Rinse, repeat but each wave was different from the last. A different wall needed defending. A different weapon was needed to kill the vehicles or infantry based on the situation. Sunderers had to be hunted down and destroyed. It was a giant never ending wave after wave of Vanu gloriously holding Sungrey. Wish more of you were with me. You all would have enjoyed it. Especially @TOGSolid

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Oh, I'm usually down for defending a place for a while. As long as it's fun.

Lately (even on Amerish and Indar), it's just a sea of red dots and then spawn,die,spawn,diespawndiespawndiespawn~

e: It could be that I'm running with a crappy platoon, though.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    Fighting on Amerish last night was a lot of fun. Refreshing after so much Indarside. Sure, Vanu had a slight population disadvantage, but I think we did very well even so (as usual).

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Lancer is a lot nicer to use since the changes made this week:
    Damage falloff now starts at 500m and ends at 700m.
    Projectile speed now changes based on charge level. Level 1 = 600 m/s. Level 2 = 700 m/s. Level 3 = 800 m/s.
    Fire delay removed from ALL charge levels.
    Now takes 1.5 seconds to reach charge level 2 (used to be 2 seconds). Level 3 remains at 3 seconds. You can now hold the charge for 5 full seconds before it will auto-fire (up from 4).
    The charge animation on the reticle is now more precise/accurate
    The cone of fire from scoped shots has been removed.

Sadly "5 seconds" means from the start of charging.. I guess? You can only hold the full 3x charge for two seconds.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    As long as the base damage of an uncharged shot is 150, I still say meh.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I don't know what the numerical damage is (although.. I don't think it is as low as 150, somehow..), but the thing is definitely good, especially with the little tweaks/buffs (pinpoint accuracy, yeahhhh). As for uncharged shots, they don't have a lot of "oomph", but on the other hand you can fire them very rapidly. The main disadvantage to uncharged shots is they are less ammo efficient.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    I don't know what the numerical damage is (although.. I don't think it is as low as 150, somehow..), but the thing is definitely good, especially with the little tweaks/buffs (pinpoint accuracy, yeahhhh). As for uncharged shots, they don't have a lot of "oomph", but on the other hand you can fire them very rapidly. The main disadvantage to uncharged shots is they are less ammo efficient.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=false&gid=75

The main disadvantage is that level 1 and 2 shots are such garbage compared to every other launcher that you pretty much have to fire only charged shots. Do I want 750 damage base for 6 ammo, or an NC 750 damage for 1 shot, or 500 damage each 5 in a row with a TR launcher? That's just empire specific launchers, and the accuracy doesn't count for much when one can be guided and the other is fire and forget. Massing Lancers in their current form doesn't offer us any advantage against superior numbers. We spend too much time charging, and run out of ammo faster for how much damage we do.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=25

Just found that second graph, which also has post merge population numbers. Vanu as a whole across all servers is in decline. Watrerson's pop is hialriously high, or was, due to TB. That inflation is going to hurt us for a good long time.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Interesting to see hard data. I hadn't noticed the new tabs on the weapon data spreadsheets. Here's some calculations I did based on that info. Hopefully I didn't make any errors. (Any idea what "150+", etc mean for Lancer damage? Perhaps that is the minimum damage after fall-off?)

Total damage from ammo pool:
    Lancer (1x-3x): 3600 - 6000
    Phoenix: 3750
    Striker: 10000
    Default: 8500

Damage per magazine:
    Lancer (1x-3x): 900 - 1500
    Phoenix: 750
    Striker: 2500
    Default: 1700

Burst DPS (i.e. DPS for one magazine, including lock-on time):
    Lancer (1x-3x): 500 - 250
    Phoenix: 750
    Striker: 454
    Default: 1700

Sustained DPS (i.e. DPS including reload times):
    Lancer (1x-3x): 155 - 150
    Phoenix: 144
    Striker: 238
    Default: 340

Lancer seems to be in pretty good shape to me. Charging conserves ammo and may be useful if you want to stay behind cover as much as possible, but it is inferior for damage.

Striker has pretty high damage output, but they do rely on lock-on. If targets break the lock, use smoke/flares or use vehicle stealth (which increases lock-on times) it will cut the Striker damage significantly.

Phoenix DPS numbers are "maximum" (i.e. assuming the player wastes no time actually guiding the rocket) which severely limits the range and accuracy. Another note, Phoenix has been buffed versus armor and nerfed versus infantry since March 27th. I am not sure how that affects the numbers because I think it has its own damage category now.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=false&gid=75

The main disadvantage is that level 1 and 2 shots are such garbage compared to every other launcher that you pretty much have to fire only charged shots. Do I want 750 damage base for 6 ammo, or an NC 750 damage for 1 shot, or 500 damage each 5 in a row with a TR launcher? That's just empire specific launchers, and the accuracy doesn't count for much when one can be guided and the other is fire and forget. Massing Lancers in their current form doesn't offer us any advantage against superior numbers. We spend too much time charging, and run out of ammo faster for how much damage we do.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=25

Just found that second graph, which also has post merge population numbers. Vanu as a whole across all servers is in decline. Watrerson's pop is hialriously high, or was, due to TB. That inflation is going to hurt us for a good long time.

For the record, with the Phoenix, you aren't going to hit ESF any more than you would with the default launchers. You won't hit a Lib flying away from you (by the time the missile catches up, it's out of range). You can hit Libs and Lightnings going full speed, perpendicular to you, but they have to be marked, and you have to lead them so much they are off your screen. MBTs and Galaxys you should be able to hit almost all of the time though.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    All ya'll motherfuckers need Lancers. Haters be damned.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuURatetn8A

You can say what you like about DPS, but you're not factoring in the fact that the Lancer can't fucking miss unless you miss with it. There is no countermeasure, there is no avoiding it. You're talking about an anti-vehicle cannon that fires projectiles 12-16x faster than any missile or rocket, with a damned solid effective range.

Talking in terms of raw, sustained DPS is pretty silly. You could use that sort of logic to argue that pump shotguns are balanced.

Shimazu on