[Planetside 2]: Lasers for the laser god.

19394959799

Posts

  • EricsErics Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Apparently Tobuscus got the sack and LevelCap is now the VS leader

    http://www.planetside2.com/ultimate-empire-showdown

    Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
    A duck!
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    wakkawa wrote: »
    EDIT: And the thermals were reduced by like 100 meters. Fuck off SOE.

    The range on thermals is now 200m. Now ESFs have a 3 second window on finding a target and actually shooting at it before they slam into the ground.

    3 seconds? I'm pretty sure I've seen even the super-duper-awful-piece-of-crap-worthless-waste-of-space Reaver hover-strafe longer than that.

    And I'm also sure using the methods of target acquisition that don't involve highlighting potential targets with an easy-to-spot glowing texture still work fine well beyond 200 meters.

    Unless of course there is an AA max.

    Go ahead try it. Go hover for 3 seconds with an AA max in the area. While also taking small arms fire and worrying about other aircraft.

    See if you make it out.

    Just played 40 mins and got 12 kills. Between not being able to see shit, AA, and A2A the reaver is the most ineffective piece of shit out there.

    wakkawa on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    wakkawa wrote: »
    EDIT: And the thermals were reduced by like 100 meters. Fuck off SOE.

    The range on thermals is now 200m. Now ESFs have a 3 second window on finding a target and actually shooting at it before they slam into the ground.

    3 seconds? I'm pretty sure I've seen even the super-duper-awful-piece-of-crap-worthless-waste-of-space Reaver hover-strafe longer than that.

    And I'm also sure using the methods of target acquisition that don't involve highlighting potential targets with an easy-to-spot glowing texture still work fine well beyond 200 meters.

    Unless of course there is an AA max.

    Go ahead try it. Go hover for 3 seconds with an AA max in the area. While also taking small arms fire and worrying about other aircraft.

    See if you make it out.

    Just played 40 mins and got 12 kills. Between not being able to see shit, AA, and A2A the reaver is the most ineffective piece of shit out there.

    Seriously? You think that's BAD?!

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
    Elldren
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    For me, yes. I can jump in a tank and get triple that easily. Fuck, I can do that with a fucking sniper in a quarter of the time.

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    12 kills in 40 minutes is pretty bad for

    well, anything really. I have a hard time believing that's a regular circumstance though

    NREqxl5.jpg
    interrobang
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    If one AA max is giving you problems, then you must be an ESF all alone with no empire support. At that point you either out maneuver and kill the max, or go somewhere else.

    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Im not alone.

    Doesn't take much for an aa max to hide in a door way while still able to hit air. Leaving the area to go some where else doesn't work when there will be aa there as well. Saying "just kill the AA" is like.. no. An AA max wins in a one on one fight everytime.

    As a Reaver pilot you just fly around lookimg for stragglers which is boring as fuck.

    EDIT: EIther way, you guys need to give it a try if you just do not believe me.

    wakkawa on
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    I tried Scything it up a bit. It was okay.

    I killed you by ramming you.

    Because no respect.

    SniperGuy
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Im not alone.

    Doesn't take much for an aa max to hide in a door way while still able to hit air. Leaving the area to go some where else doesn't work when there will be aa there as well. Saying "just kill the AA" is like.. no. An AA max wins in a one on one fight everytime.

    As a Reaver pilot you just fly around lookimg for stragglers which is boring as fuck.

    EDIT: EIther way, you guys need to give it a try if you just do not believe me.

    I've been flying around quite a bit lately

    AA Maxes will chew you up, but get wrecked by supporting ground forces

    So, you know

    have supporting ground forces

    What you have to look out for are enemy air superiority fighters. Those are what kill me, every time.

    fuck gendered marketing
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Im not alone.

    Doesn't take much for an aa max to hide in a door way while still able to hit air. Leaving the area to go some where else doesn't work when there will be aa there as well. Saying "just kill the AA" is like.. no. An AA max wins in a one on one fight everytime.

    As a Reaver pilot you just fly around lookimg for stragglers which is boring as fuck.

    EDIT: EIther way, you guys need to give it a try if you just do not believe me.

    I duel MAXes all the time in my Scythe. Very, VERY rarely do I get the jump on one, even back with the old NV range (outside of swooping up onto towers from underneath - which is close range). I'd say more than 90% of the time I find an AA MAX it's because he's already shooting at me well beyond the 300m range, or he's shooting nearby friendlies.

    And solo MAXes are very easy to deal with, even if they spot you first. MAXes with engy/HA backup though, it's best to steer clear of those groups unless you have ground pounders backing you up.

    But you're right, there's AA pretty much everywhere, so I guess it's time we all just turned in our wings and joined the zerg ranks.

    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Suddenly I'm having deja vu. It's like I've seen this conversation before in some other twisted form. Lemme try something real quick...
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Im not alone.

    Doesn't take much for an engineer with javelins to hide in a door way while still able to hit tanks. Leaving the area to go some where else doesn't work when there will be javelins there as well. Saying "just kill the engineer" is like.. no. A javelin engineer wins in a one on one fight everytime.

    As a tank pilot you just drive around lookimg for stragglers which is boring as fuck.

    EDIT: EIther way, you guys need to give it a try if you just do not believe me.

    Oh, that explains that.

    TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Erics wrote: »
    Apparently Tobuscus got the sack and LevelCap is now the VS leader

    http://www.planetside2.com/ultimate-empire-showdown

    I have never heard of Tobuscus, but I randomly discovered LevelCap last week and really enjoyed his videos.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    MegaMek
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Loving the defensive improvements bases are about to get (tunnels from spawn room, less camp-able spawn room, and now better walls apparently).

    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    TB did a release about Tobuscus getting fired. It's actually pretty funny, and it makes fun of him for not playing the game.

    http://tindeck.com/listen/fmvs

    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
    Elvenshae
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    So I certed the first rank of reload speed for the HE lightning because fuck it, I have some certs to burn. I was a little surprised at how much I noticed it. It's only 2% which should be like, a twentieth of a second or something, but it definitely seemed like it made a difference.

    NREqxl5.jpg
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Do we know which server LevelCap plays on?

    What do we have to do to get TotalBiscuit fired? :P

    Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    LevelCap's videos are pretty enjoyable. Sucks that he's with the Vanu.

    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    has anybody ever seen a sunderer that wouldn't take damage? maybe it just had rank five of mineguard or something, but still

    NREqxl5.jpg
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    has anybody ever seen a sunderer that wouldn't take damage? maybe it just had rank five of mineguard or something, but still

    Mine guard+ some stalwart engies might do it.

    Probably just a bug though.

    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    My outfit and me taking a page out of the Enclave's playbook

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A7To0HC_KF0

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Euro Overload :P

    EH28YFo.jpg
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Suddenly I'm having deja vu. It's like I've seen this conversation before in some other twisted form. Lemme try something real quick...
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Im not alone.

    Doesn't take much for an engineer with javelins to hide in a door way while still able to hit tanks. Leaving the area to go some where else doesn't work when there will be javelins there as well. Saying "just kill the engineer" is like.. no. A javelin engineer wins in a one on one fight everytime.

    As a tank pilot you just drive around lookimg for stragglers which is boring as fuck.

    EDIT: EIther way, you guys need to give it a try if you just do not believe me.

    Oh, that explains that.

    It is Wakawa we are talking about. The only thing he does in these threads is complain and wave his dick around.

    That_Guy on
    steam_sig.png
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Facility walls getting more cover.

    BA23CA5CYAA9_UJ.jpg

    I like how the turret platform is still just hanging out there waiting for death.

    Vorpal on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Just played 40 mins and got 12 kills.

    You still got more kills than a burster max does in an hour..

    I would have reduced the NV range for infantry, but perhaps not vehicles.

    Anyway there was tons of air rolling around last night and barring concerted defensive AA, they were still quite deadly. Several of our outposts got overrun by the NC Lib zerg. I pulled a burster Max and he immediately died to an LA with C4.

    Vorpal on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    When's this month's big patch supposed to drop?

    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »
    When's this month's big patch supposed to drop?

    30th

    So what is the best secondary for the Vanguard? I have the AP main gun, so I was thinking Kobalt to take out infantry.

  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    When's this month's big patch supposed to drop?

    30th

    So what is the best secondary for the Vanguard? I have the AP main gun, so I was thinking Kobalt to take out infantry.

    Everyone says the enforcer is the best. I usually do the driving, not the gunning, so I really don't know. It's what I have on top of my Vanguard though.

    steam_sig.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »
    Do we know which server LevelCap plays on?

    What do we have to do to get TotalBiscuit fired? :P

    Can't do anything, since the reason Tobuscus got canned was because he was being insufferable and not even bothering to play the game for more than... Oh, an hour or so since the time they announced this thing.

    TB on the other hand actually qualifies, that and he's the only one getting into RPing this shit up xP. I mean come on, this stuff is funny: http://tindeck.com/listen/fmvs Wonder if he'll take on a nervously still high spirited tone when his "Leader Character" realizes the new leader of the Vanu is an actual fighter.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    TB also got mad amounts of CERTs gifted from SOE.
    His stats are funny as fuck.

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Arthil wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Do we know which server LevelCap plays on?

    What do we have to do to get TotalBiscuit fired? :P

    Can't do anything, since the reason Tobuscus got canned was because he was being insufferable and not even bothering to play the game for more than... Oh, an hour or so since the time they announced this thing.

    TB on the other hand actually qualifies, that and he's the only one getting into RPing this shit up xP. I mean come on, this stuff is funny: http://tindeck.com/listen/fmvs Wonder if he'll take on a nervously still high spirited tone when his "Leader Character" realizes the new leader of the Vanu is an actual fighter.


    Then again, TotalBiscuit is also a TotalDouchebag.

    Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    Having LevelCap will be interesting. I believe he is on Gerenodine(sp?). Thing is, TB has follows that don't really play this type of game but like him and want to play with him. Hence all the terribad TR on Waterson. I am pretty sure the anyone that joins the Vanu to play with LevelCap will want to work tactically as a team since Level doesn't stray away from things like BF3 and PS2 for very long. That might be a force to be reckoned with.

    steam_sig.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Here's the issue.

    What the hell is this thing even going to be about in the end if they are all on different servers, not fighting each other?

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Here's the issue.

    What the hell is this thing even going to be about in the end if they are all on different servers, not fighting each other?

    The whole thing will take place on one server, probably Connory.

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    An outfit mate is being followed and constantly TKd by another vanu outfit. Two of their members were kicked by us and then landed in there and now for some reason they are making our mate's PS2 life really shitty. So we report them, send screenshot and video evidence of them doing it. And what does SOE say? This:
    This is Operative SOEOP with PlanetSide 2 in-game support. Sorry to hear you're having such a frustrating experience with TK1, TK2, and their outfit. Some people just can't seem to let go of grudges even if they were in the wrong. I saw that Operative SOEOP2 already described our grief system to you, but if that isn't enough, then I have one more suggestion to you. Since you are the leader of the largest VS Outfit on the server, I would try to resolve things with those two and their outfit in a civil manner first (chat with them and ask them to stop TKing you and your outfit members). If that doesn't work, then get a group of your members together and TK them right back. If a peaceful resolution can't be met through efforts on your part, then force may be the only way to end the conflict and show them that you won't just take their traitorous actions sitting down. I hope that things cool off and you're all able to fight together again in the end. If you have any other issues or concerns don't hesitate to contact us again. Good luck and enjoy your next battle!
    Operative SOEOP
    PlanetSide 2
    Sony Online Entertainment

    So they are basically telling us to TK them right back. If you were just a normal player who by chance wasn't in the biggest VS outfit, how are you supposed to fight back against these guys if SOE doesn't even have your back? Seriously, step it up SOE!

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Taranis
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Have you tried contacting the TKers' outfit leader and letting them know that they are risking SOE endorsed war with the largest outfit on the server?

    But yeah it definitely does suck that SOE won't step in and arbitrate.

    Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »
    Have you tried contacting the TKers' outfit leader and letting them know that they are risking SOE endorsed war with the largest outfit on the server?

    We have, of course. No response yet.
    I hope it will solve itself through this, but again the fact that SOE basically says we should "administer our own justice" is fucking backwards as fuck.

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    a5ehren
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    An outfit mate is being followed and constantly TKd by another vanu outfit. Two of their members were kicked by us and then landed in there and now for some reason they are making our mate's PS2 life really shitty. So we report them, send screenshot and video evidence of them doing it. And what does SOE say? This:
    This is Operative SOEOP with PlanetSide 2 in-game support. Sorry to hear you're having such a frustrating experience with TK1, TK2, and their outfit. Some people just can't seem to let go of grudges even if they were in the wrong. I saw that Operative SOEOP2 already described our grief system to you, but if that isn't enough, then I have one more suggestion to you. Since you are the leader of the largest VS Outfit on the server, I would try to resolve things with those two and their outfit in a civil manner first (chat with them and ask them to stop TKing you and your outfit members). If that doesn't work, then get a group of your members together and TK them right back. If a peaceful resolution can't be met through efforts on your part, then force may be the only way to end the conflict and show them that you won't just take their traitorous actions sitting down. I hope that things cool off and you're all able to fight together again in the end. If you have any other issues or concerns don't hesitate to contact us again. Good luck and enjoy your next battle!
    Operative SOEOP
    PlanetSide 2
    Sony Online Entertainment

    So they are basically telling us to TK them right back. If you were just a normal player who by chance wasn't in the biggest VS outfit, how are you supposed to fight back against these guys if SOE doesn't even have your back? Seriously, step it up SOE!


    ...that is a terrible customer service response.

    TaranisElvenshaea5ehren
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    If they have such a laissez-faire attitude to intentional TKing, doesn't that legitimize the use of "sleepers" in other factions to cause havoc?

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Still waiting on Dan "Man of his Word" Ryckert to eat a hat
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    If they have such a laissez-faire attitude to intentional TKing, doesn't that legitimize the use of "sleepers" in other factions to cause havoc?

    Well this is faction internal, so no idea about that.

    But seriously, we have so many members, we could literally TK them 24/7. Like,without a problem.
    And Sony is basically telling us "lol if they don't listen to words,just TK em bro, rofl".

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    wow, that's an amazingly bad response. I mean the ingame system should prevent individuals from being griefed too terribly, but still

    NREqxl5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.