As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Elmo Puppeteer faces new accusations, resigns from Sesame Street

UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIREBUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
god dammit.
Sesame Workshop says Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash has resigned from Sesame Street in the wake of allegations that he had sex with an under-aged youth.

Last week a man accused Clash of having sex with him when he was a teenage boy, a charge Clash denied. A day later, the man recanted his charge.

A lawsuit by a second accuser, Cecil Singleton, was filed today in New York.

The 24-year-old college student has accused longtime Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of sexually abusing him over a two-week period when he was 15. Singleton said they met on a gay chat line. At a news conference, Singleton said he had no idea at the time what Clash did for a living.

Singleton's lawyer, Jeff Herman, said he had been contacted by two other potential victims and expected additional legal action

No snappy thread title, would have felt tacky. I hope the accusations are false, I really do.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ugh

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    damn what a mess

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Damnit. Someone link that AV Club article again, I think that about sums it up.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Oh well. This sucks.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    no no no no no no no so much nope

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Fuck.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This latest attack is just an elaborate scheme by a secret organization to kill off Elmo while he's vulnerable.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    why though

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    aw man

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I blame this entirely on Mitt Romney

• Options
    Favlaud wrote: »
    why though

Elmo has a lot of enemies.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Larlar wrote: »
    Favlaud wrote: »
    why though

Elmo has a lot of enemies.

Grover is a truly ruthless adversary

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    goddammit

just

goddammit

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    it's weird that the first guy said it really didn't happen, but then all these other ones came out and said it did. or did the first guy not do that?

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i really hope when this is all over he can be elmo again

even if it's just a sometimes thing like frank oz does

dude's been elmo basically half his life let him keep being elmo (unless he really was molesting kids in which case fuck that puppet)

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    it's weird that the first guy said it really didn't happen, but then all these other ones came out and said it did. or did the first guy not do that?

the first accuser has recanted his recantation and is looking to undo the settlement, return the money, and is sticking to his original accusation apparently.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    My brain always associated the name Kevin Clash with Splinter from the live-action TMNT movies, and the baby dinosaur from Dinosaurs.

I had no idea he was also Elmo, though looking at his imdb profile that seems to comprise the vast majority of it.

I remember first noticing his name in the TMNT2 credits, where I mistook him for being Kevin Nash who had portrayed Super Shredder in that film. It was years before I realized that they were two different people, and that the professional wrestler was not a master puppeteer in his spare time.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    goddammit

just

goddammit

Let this be a lesson to you, YaYa.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    goddammit

just

goddammit

Let this be a lesson to you, YaYa.

yeah I guess so

what specifically should I learn?

that the world is dark and horrible?

• Options

michael jackson

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

the first accuser has recanted his recantation and is looking to undo the settlement, return the money, and is sticking to his original accusation apparently.

oh ok that makes sense then again

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    the second guy is totally just trying to make a quick buck. This is the "press photo" his lawyers gave out

65fzP.jpg

yeah, self-shot in a subway station as a press shot definitely says you're serious about the lawsuit

• Options
    the second guy is totally just trying to make a quick buck. This is the "press photo" his lawyers gave out

65fzP.jpg

yeah, self-shot in a subway station as a press shot definitely says you're serious about the lawsuit
    I'm fairly certain that is one of the gayest photos I have ever seen

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Cecil's face looks like it's made out of wax, and it's creeping me out

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Shouldn't these people be keeping themselves anonymous to everyone outside the courtroom?

• Options
    Shouldn't these people be keeping themselves anonymous to everyone outside the courtroom?

but then how would you get famous as one of the kids elmo tickled???

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular

they should be, but that's assuming the accusations have basis in reality, which is becoming increasingly unlikely

• Options

tommy....

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Mighty.jpg

This is how you do an nice gay press photo.

• Options

Oh my god.

• Options
    Both this situation and that photo are depressingly upsetting.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    An extremely terrible thing would be if even one of these accusations is true and they have to try to wade through the bullshit of everyone else just out for a quick buck.

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

you're goin to hell son

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    there's nothing about this that isn't soul crushing

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

65fzP.jpg

I'm fairly certain that is one of the gayest photos I have ever seen

"One of?"

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

tommy....

pip..

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options

tommy....

pip..

"Tickle me," said Pip in a whispered longing.