Options

Planetside 2: Fight for the people, be a horrible facist, or some sort of anime.

• Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    woot steam is downloading at the moment

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    infiltrators feel just like snipers in BC2

in that you give a dude a bolt-action and he'll think he has to stand on a hill for 25 minutes trying to snipe people

• Options
    edited November 2012
    yeah

i agree with shorty, this is not very fun at all by yourself

interrobang on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Hmm. I played the first Planetside for a bit, but then some friends watched me for a while and asked what was fun about spending ten minutes to fly to a fight only to die and do it again, and I couldn't really answer them. Loved the feeling of being in a big persistent war though, so if people are actually playing this I'll probably try it out.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it sounds like this would be fun with other people. Although I think I'd prefer the Vanu, but whatevs.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I really, really hated the beta for this game

mostly because of the people who played it

hurrr, 20 tank column going up to base, stop dead at the base of the hill, wait for the enemy to show up to fight you, then die. repeat for 5 hours.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I was really hoping this game would not run like shit by release

Still getting 20-30 FPS in heavy situations on all low settings, because the game is designed for fucking 1 core CPUs

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Played this for awhile yesterday

I think

Because I have no idea what was going on for like any of the hour I was playing aside from the fact that occasionally I would start shooting at someone, and then they would turn around and kill me.

• Options
    JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    If you have no idea what to do, protip
    SOE is really fucking dumb and made the tutorial a bunch of hard-to-notice videos in the game launcher instead of an actual thing ingame.
    Watch them.

Jerkbot on
    VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    How easy is it to just jump in this game and dakkadakka?

I don't really give a shit about this metagame unlocks and planetary control horse shit I just want that brakbrakbrakbrakbrak

I tried to play it last night but it gave me a sign on error so I gave up and watched Adventure Time instead.

Walt on
  • Options
    pretty easy
    when you first join, it literally just drops you in the middle of a fight somewhere and leaves you
    The map is also pretty good for finding mans to shoot, just turn on the enemy heatmap/use the instant action hotspots

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I take it TR still has monopoly on dakka and gofast?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    if you are masochistic enough to actually play this game, know that even die-hards will admit that this game is pretty bad unless you join and actively participate with an organized squad

with like, a leader, and plans, and schedules

if you just want to run around a map and shoot things, might I suggest basically any other shooter ever

*edit* because after you die about three times and all your vehicle timers are on, you'll get pretty fucking tired of walking on foot for 5+ minutes to the nearest objective only to be sniped before you can fire a bullet, because there are no sunderers, and no squad beacons to spawn at

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I just pugged for six hours in what I guess was some miraculously competent group consisting of like 3 people with mics and a rotating roster of pubbies and had a blast.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Yeah i don't know about other factions but the solo experience on TR has been fine for me
    in the beta even a lot of the public squads were hosted by outift members who actively organized shit
    As for the transport situation, it can suck, but good battles in this game last longer than the vehicle/instant action cooldowns anyway.

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    what's the cooldown on Flashes anyway? It can't be more than a couple minutes

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    just played this right now, once you're able to find the fight the game gets super fun if youre really into attrition

it took my purple team 45 minutes to take a bio facility from the blue guys, and once it was taken i had this cool feeling of actual accomplishment that i rarely get from games

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    In theory I fucking love this game

And in practice I love the combat, but figuring out the rest of it is frustrating me

Like where to go (besides 'find a fight' generally), what to do besides kill mans once I get there, what to unlock with certs and FunMoney, what I should be driving/flying/carrying

Seemed remarkably stable and lag free last night though, bloody surprising for launch day

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    NC on Connery 4 lyfe

ingame name is Veretas

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Veretas wrote: »
    NC on Connery 4 lyfe

ingame name is Veretas
    I'll add youuu
    I'm BahamutZero on there

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Veretas wrote: »
    NC on Connery 4 lyfe

ingame name is Veretas

oh shit you're on my server
    it begins, rebel scum

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    Also this game does a horrible job of teaching you anything

It is literally FPS Gaming Conventions: The Game

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Finding a fight is easy, look at the map for the explosion icon and go there. Or just load up in a galaxy at base (because there's always galaxies at base waiting for people to get in) and go wherever they take you.

In other news, this runs so much better than the beta did. The beta would usually run around 40-50 FPS and dip a bit in fights but now it's like 60-70 constantly.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    i do wish the gunplay felt a little more

crisp, i guess? it's hard to describe, things feel kinda floaty

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    it gets better once you get like, a scope on your dang gun

ironsights are trash why do they exist WHY

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Machwing wrote: »
    it gets better once you get like, a scope on your dang gun

ironsights are trash why do they exist WHY

Yeah, scopes and reflex sights are the light. Oh, and I think 'b' is the default key to switch firing modes, if you want to put a scope on your assault rifle.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    there's different firing modes??

Pro infiltrator tip: when scoped in with the sniper rifle, press your sprint key (default left shift) to hold your breath and stop the crosshair from drifting for a couple seconds.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    okay right now there's a building in a NC controlled base that has Vanu-only forcefields on the doors, they can shoot out but we can't shoot in. If there's a point near by to take control of it I can't find it. Do they always get a guaranteed spawn point inside the base or something? Specifically it's in the Ikanam Bio Lab

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    okay right now there's a building in a NC controlled base that has Vanu-only forcefields on the doors, they can shoot out but we can't shoot in. If there's a point near by to take control of it I can't find it. Do they always get a guaranteed spawn point inside the base or something? Specifically it's in the Ikanam Bio Lab

i've noticed that in all the biolabs

i don't know how it works at all or how to shut it down though

• Options
    those forcefielded rooms are the teleporters, they connect to teleporters outside the biolab somewhere. The teleporters and the forcefields are useable only by the faction that controls the facility the other ends are in.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so, apparently if an ally is flying through the drop zone of a deployment area it's possible for your drop capsule to hit them and knock them out of the sky

oops

• Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    so, apparently if an ally is flying through the drop zone of a deployment area it's possible for your drop capsule to hit them and knock them out of the sky

oops

Nothing greater than taking out an enemy galaxy with a drop pod.

• Options
    CymrilCymril Son, we just crossed the street. Registered User regular
    I will play this, yes I will.

Shut up Francis. Something about Vietnam. Horseshit.

D3: Cymril#1411 || League of Legends/Steam/Xbox/Origin: Cymril
  • Options
    edited November 2012

i've noticed that in all the biolabs

i don't know how it works at all or how to shut it down though
    There are a couple bases in the region around the biolab
    they don't have a point at them but you can cap them and get a spawn there
    then a teleporter opens up to a room in the dome that has your faction's shields around it

(disclaimer: I haven't been to a biolab since beta, this may all be bullshit)

Jerkbot on
    VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    7AF808BAEC960A5406A70533505B55E8DFA83323

GET ON MY LEVEL

FREEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    I love how in other games, a big play is when you kill like 30 dudes in one life
    and in this game it is entirely possible to get lucky with explosives/machine guns and do the same in literally two seconds

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    how do you fucks make so much CP so fast

being a medic sucks for certs because nobody holds still for healing and sometimes my revives won't work : (

• Options
    how do you fucks make so much CP so fast

being a medic sucks for certs because nobody holds still for healing and sometimes my revives won't work : (

Hit 'F' and heal everyone around you and get mad XP. Also, get heal and revive grenades. And stand near a group of people attacking/defending something and wait till explosives kill them all and get mad XP from reviving (if you don't have revive grenades yet) Point whoring like whoa.
    there's different firing modes??

Pro infiltrator tip: when scoped in with the sniper rifle, press your sprint key (default left shift) to hold your breath and stop the crosshair from drifting for a couple seconds.

Yeah, assault rifles can go from burst/full-auto/semi-auto. Or whatever, depending on the gun.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Additionally, good ways to get certs other than being a medic include
    -Buying the Sunderer AMS cert and setting up in a battle zone. I hear this is shitloads of exp.
    -Being a tank/heavy assault in a huge zergfight and shooting explosives at everything that moves.
    -SPOTTING EVERY SINGLE DUDE

Also, things you should do that I'm not sure about the exp value of but DO THEM ANYWAY
    -drop ammo as engineer. I swear nobody does this i mean jesus christ
    -repair vehicles. This gives you like 10 exp every two seconds or so?

Then eventually you can just buy rocket pods for your fighter and kill literally everybody and get infinity certs.

Jerkbot on
    VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    So is this bad?

Some people said it was bad.

But really all I want is PS1 with better controls and fancier graphics.