As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can you find the game from the quote?

GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
Here's a challenge for you guys: Looking for the name of an old edutainment game from the early 90s. Sadly, all I remember is the following quote, spoken by an anthropomorphic rabbit:

"What game do you wanna play? Chess? Checkers? Reversiiiiii?"

A long shot, I know, but I thought I'd give it a try.

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Jazz Jackrabbit?

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    Jazz Jackrabbit?

I... I'm pretty sure "Jazz Jackrabbit" and "edutainment" don't belong in the same sentence together.

Anthropomorphic rabbit + edutainment makes me think of Reader Rabbit/Math Rabbit... maybe one of the games in the series has board games too? I mean, does the character look right or... what color was the rabbit?

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Essee wrote: »
    Esh wrote: »
    Jazz Jackrabbit?

I... I'm pretty sure "Jazz Jackrabbit" and "edutainment" don't belong in the same sentence together.

Anthropomorphic rabbit + edutainment makes me think of Reader Rabbit/Math Rabbit... maybe one of the games in the series has board games too? I mean, does the character look right or... what color was the rabbit?

Completely glossed over the "edutainment" bit. It's quite a hangover.

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I guess another possibility would be Hopsalot from the JumpStart series, although I guess he changes appearance a lot so that might not help. I didn't really play the JumpStart games back in the day, so I'm not totally sure.

Seriously though, I can probably figure this out for you because I'm kind of an edutainment nerd. Just see if you can give me more details to work with. :P

Edit: One detail that would really help anybody looking for the game is... what do you think you played it on? PC? Mac? Amiga? (I don't know much on the Amiga side of things myself, to be honest.) Not a console, I assume?

Essee on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Thanks for your help guys, it turns out to have been Corel's Wild Board Games.