Options

Meleagris gallopavo Day!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I ate lots of food. I did not drink because my cold is worse than earlier today and now my voice is all gone! Cold you are RUINING EVERYTHING.

That aside we had the standards and everything was awesome and now I will go to sleep watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    at least 35 houses burned and 6 casualties.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I wish I had a good bug anecdote or fact for this thread

but I don't

so

remember that bugs are high in protein and perhaps eat some this holiday

thanksgivingbugstickerp.jpg

my thanksgiving is made

• Options
    BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular
    Anybody watching the Macy's Day Parade? It's on right now.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    BigBear wrote: »
    Anybody watching the Macy's Day Parade? It's on right now.

Yes. Just saw the song from the Elf musical. It was absolutely terrible.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    The Macy's Day Parade is my favorite part of the whole day.

Also, am I the only one who finds the Charlie Brown balloon eternally chasing the football balloon depressing?

• Options
    The Macy's Day Parade is my favorite part of the whole day.

Also, am I the only one who finds the Charlie Brown balloon eternally chasing the football balloon depressing?

It's a metaphor for universal health care.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU0CuPH7akM

A better suggestion for Thanksgiving viewing

(I love parades but I never really got the Macy's one)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Watching the Macy's day parade, karmen just got introduced as swag pop artists. Awful. I love this day. Already back home with the parents, brought over a dozen cupcakes, waiting for football to start

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Dressing is delicious sorry guys

Isn't dressing just stuffing outside of the bird?

Yes, but due to regional differences it's made differently.

Southern dressing is made with cornbread vs white etc.

• Options

The point of the Macy's parade is watching awful broadway songs and lipsyncing performances by celebrities that you've never heard of, but loving it anyway because the holiday is so fun.

At least, that's why I like it.

• Options
    BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular

Eh, I usually enjoy watching the Macy's Parade. The only thing I find kinda weird about it is that even though it's for Thanksgiving, it focuses so much on Christmas.

I'm probably gonna watch that movie tonight, though. I haven't seen it in a while.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is a perfect film

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBeIWWKTjkI

Combining two of my favourite things. Thanksgiving seems like a good time, but we kinda kicked you guys out before it became a thing over here.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Dressing is delicious sorry guys

Isn't dressing just stuffing outside of the bird?

Yes, but due to regional differences it's made differently.

Southern dressing is made with cornbread vs white etc.

whoa, wait what

cornbread dressing?

Why am I living in the Northeast?

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I need to learn to make cornbread

• Options
    The Oneida Indian Nation's float just came through. Their float and the Kermit balloon have been my favorite parts so far.

• Options
    Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is a perfect film

It honestly kinda is.

The Mess Around scene is just the best thing.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

My job is selling the special edition DVD tomorrow for $3.

That, Kung Fu Panda, Dark Knight and Batman Begins, Lassie, Nativity Story, DIC Christmas Special (Sonic cartoon + others), and some Batman Superman cartoon dvd.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I can't stand watching parades but I'd like to see the Strutters perform or whatever the fuck they do

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    TallaclasseeTallaclassee you ever seen a lion limber up before it takes down a gazelleRegistered User regular
    Cornbread stuffing / dressing whatever you call it (outside of the bird) is the only acceptable kind. With Sausage.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    You know where there's really good cornbread (for a chain store)? Boston Market.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    with all the waiters and medical staff in my family just about everybody is working today

we haven't had thanksgiving on thanksgiving in a long while, usually having our big family dinner on some other day

but this year, with everybody scattered all over the country and/or totally broke, we couldn't even do that this year

I'll try to get some turkey during my shift tonight, I guess

• Options
    TDOT I dunno where I will be next year but you are invited over for Thanksgiving as of right now

Nobody turkeys alone, that's my motto

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, the family here decided to do Thanksgiving on Saturday this year. My wife and I both work for Best Buy. Guess who isn't going to the big family Thanksgiving?

• Options
    The singers are so obviously lip synching during these performances.

• Options

Isn't this every parade?

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Isn't this every parade?

Yes.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    did you guys like the judge dread marching band

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Man you Americans are slow to the turkey party.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Downsides to Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Lack of ability to get drunk, join parade, wear costume

Pros: Balloons are sweet, can hypothetically watch while wearing pajamas eating food made by grandma

Cons: Haven't done a Thanksgiving with Grandma in five years, parade not shown on TV in Korea

Do they do good TV marathons on Turkey Day? Other than the old MST3k ones?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    ultraexactzzultraexactzz BLEASCHMNN Registered User regular
    My wife mentioned to my Mother in Law that the only cooking show I watch is Epic Meal Time, and that I had asked her to make their TurBaconEpic thing. (which I did, jokingly). God bless her, My mother in law looked up the Thanksgiving episode, and called me - "I couldn't figure out which five birds to stuff together into the roast pig, sorry honey - would Turducken be ok?"

So thankful for the women in my life. Happy Thanksgiving.

• Options
    Downsides to Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Lack of ability to get drunk, join parade, wear costume

Pros: Balloons are sweet, can hypothetically watch while wearing pajamas eating food made by grandma

Cons: Haven't done a Thanksgiving with Grandma in five years, parade not shown on TV in Korea

Do they do good TV marathons on Turkey Day? Other than the old MST3k ones?

Make your own marathon and watch Thankskilling over and over all day.

• Options
    That is not a family appropriate film Raijin!

Thanksgiving is a day for John Candy and football and happy things.

Christmas is for brutal slasher films and action movies.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Fine, then just watch Uncle Buck all day

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Jehovah's Witnesses!

going door to door

I fended them off but they said they'll be back later what do I do what do I do

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    Jehovah's Witnesses!

going door to door

hit on them

• Options
    Seriously wrote: »
    Jehovah's Witnesses!

going door to door

Set elaborate Rube Goldbergian traps all over your yard.

• Options
    POWER RANGERS!!!

PIKACHU!!!!!!!!!

Pikachu's ears didn't inflate though.

• Options
    Poor pikachu looked odd without his ears :(