Options

Meleagris gallopavo Day!

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for the Furby in twenty minutes and Skylanders at 8. If I don't get them, I'ma fuck some shit up.

Or just do nothing. We'll see.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Thanksgiving was a month ago, Hosers

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    We are eating "dinner" in a half hour because @Stareosarus' family is insane.

uncle monkey????

are you trying to get me in trouble

Heather please hurt Dan and not me

• Options
    Go back to waiting for Boxing Day, you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What the fuck? I watched the furby timer count down.

It hit 00:00:00. I hit F5.

Sold out.

Click add to waitlist. It tells me I'm number 256 on the waitlist, and warns me not to hold my breath.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So much food. Ugh. Pretty quiet thanksgiving. Now I'm doing homework until 10 when I need to goto bed so I can be up at 4:30 for work

• Options
    Ha! Waitlist came through and I saved the $13 on the furby.

In your face, space coyote!

steam_sig.png
  • Options

You saved 13 dollars

on the furby

and you're somehow proud of this fact

• Options
    I win Black Friday and you can't take that away from me!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    What do Americans eat on Christmas? Cos here the common Christmas dinner is turkey. But surely you guys can't have turkey for two separate holidays.

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    What do Americans eat on Christmas? Cos here the common Christmas dinner is turkey. But surely you guys can't have turkey for two separate holidays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rek6iyOfwKE

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That took ages to load for some reason but it was well worth it.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular

A lot of folks have ham. My family started doing a standing rib roast a few years ago though. Aw yeah.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-dmRJp0Ljs

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

dogs don't talk

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular

turkey is the standard for american thanksgiving

I have heard of christmas hams but I don't know if it is a thing like turkey for thanksgiving is

• Options
    The standard Christmas dinner is lasagna.

Fact.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The traditional Christmas tucker here is goose, but hardly anyone has it these days. I have tried to convince my family that we should switch to goose because it is much nicer than turkey, but they are fools and will not see the light.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My favorite thanksgiving is when we first moved to Seattle and had @framling and @jordyn over because neither of us had family nearby.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The standard Christmas dinner is lasagna.

Fact.

what the hell man

• Options
    My family doesn't do an actual Christmas dinner. We have a bunch of food out and just graze over the course of the day. Pickles, chips, crackers, smoked turkey, ham, cheese, olives, fruit, whatever. Christmas is casual. Thanksgiving is for making a big fuss in the kitchen.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    We do a rib roast on Xmas as well, but the best part of holidays, for me, is the massive spaghetti and meatballs dinner we do the night before both. Made 54 meatballs for 11 people last night.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    We graze as well. We just pause from grazing in the middle of the afternoon to eat a huge meal. Christmas is all about 3 things - family, food and drink. Nice and simple.

• Options
    We graze as well. We just pause from grazing in the middle of the afternoon to eat a huge meal. Christmas is all about 3 things - family, food and drink. Nice and simple.

and presents

and Die Hard

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    We missed Thanksgiving

Rachel was feeding Anya and intending to give her a short nap

Anya slept for like 3 hours

Then I had to leave for work

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

My family has the entire neighborhood over for barbecued hotdogs & sausage, ham, corn and other food.

But pork is the signature dish.

It is my favorite day for food within the whole year.

Edit: Wait, I meant to say this happens on Christmas Eve. On Christmas we have cereal & breakfast foods. My family borders on Ron Swanson territory for such holidays.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Depends on how much cooking we're in the mood for. This year Christmas will be crab cakes and steak. We've done standing rib roasts in the past (holy fuck I love them).

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    You guys I just ate half a cow for breakfast in tribute to your thanksgiving. I am now retreating to the living room to convalesce for the next hour or so

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The best part of Christmas Eve is it's the one night of the year that my dad actively drinks with the family.

Last year we got him so drunk he had to retire to bed early.

Oh Yeah!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    We have beef tenderloin for Christmas.

Gonna go ahead and say ham can take a hike in comparison to that.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Ham is the best.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    We have beef tenderloin for Christmas.

Gonna go ahead and say ham can take a hike in comparison to that.

Ham doesn't have the endurance or fitness to go on any hikes.

Have you seen ham?

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    An excellent point Zon.

Ham can take a long walk off a short pier?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    An excellent point Zon.

Ham can take a long walk off a short pier?

And float.

I say again...

Have you seen Ham!?!

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    The best part of Christmas Eve is it's the one night of the year that my dad actively drinks with the family.

Oh Yeah!

My brothers and I used to use christmas as an excuse to get drunk together during the day.

It was lots of fun. poking around the extended family, eating way too much and just drunkenly shooting the shit with my bros.

Now they both have kids, so they've gotta be responsible. Not to mention this year I'll be in another hemisphere. Definitely gonna miss family christmas.

• Options
    I think on the 23rd of December my friends & I may indulge in the highest of delicacies.

Rum Ham

gang-goes-to-the-jersey-shore.jpg
    Ingredients
    1- 8 pound ham

1/2 cup dark rum, Cruzan (or similar)

1/4 cup cane sugar, preferably Steens

1/4 cup light brown sugar

1 lemon, juiced

1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Remove the skin, if any, on the ham. Score the surface into diamond shapes using a razor blade.

3. Bake the ham for 1 hour in the oven or until the center of the ham reads 135 degrees Fahrenheit internal temperature.

4. Combine all the other ingredients to form a glaze. Begin to baste the surface of the ham with the glaze, just enough to coat. After it has begun to stick and form an even layer, add more of the glaze. Repeat this until all the glaze is gone.

5. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the glaze begins to bubble and become very sticky. Remove and rest the ham for 15-30 minutes. Slice and serve.

• Options
    I guess I haven't seen ham.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

Oh Yeah!

My brothers and I used to use christmas as an excuse to get drunk together during the day.

It was lots of fun. poking around the extended family, eating way too much and just drunkenly shooting the shit with my bros.

Now they both have kids, so they've gotta be responsible. Not to mention this year I'll be in another hemisphere. Definitely gonna miss family christmas.

On year @#pipe, we will celebrate Christmas together.

Because I will gladly get drunk during the day, eat too much and drunkenly shoot shit.

All in that order.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    today was pretty much a good day

got to see some cousins/my uncle and aunt

had a nice dinner

tried a cousin's 360 and halo anniversary edition, can't say i like the controller for that console

talked to my aunt about comics and writing and things

only remotely sour part of the day was my aunt complimenting my deep voice and asking if i liked it, in the context of getting the Dragon program to turn my voice into text to help me "write" so i could edit later