As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go find the new STEAM thread

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    @SkyEye /Autumn Thunder has gifted me spacechem which is bitching because I've been debating on purchasing it for the past two sales now.

Its also bitching because we all can use more celestial alchemy!

iRevert on
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Iolo wrote: »
    8bitogre wrote: »
    You guys aren't making it easy. Repost of the Edit above:

I am having all kinds of commitment issues. I have cash for 1:

Fallen Enchantress
    XCom
    Or BL2 Season pass if it hits sale.

or 2 of the following:
    Towns (if it hits sale)
    Cortex Command
    Orc Must Die 2
    Iron Brigade

Having a hard time making decisions

If it was me, I'd get X-Com. I've had a blast with it so far and keep coming back for more. The "beta" nature of Towns is a bit of a turnoff and I'm afraid development will stop before it's actually fully finished. Iron Bridage is pretty good but gets stale pretty quick, imho.

I second this. Go X-Com.

EDIT:
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Major thanks to @TheExAm for getting me Borderlands 2 so I don't get left behind him, since I'm broke at the moment.

@Raiden333, I don't recognize TheExAm from the Steam thread or the Borderlands thread, but that is an outstanding bit of class and I hope he or she pays us a visit.

XCom has replay value over fallen enchantress? I thought they were about equal.

EDIT: Also whats the xcom armor dlc give you?

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • 8bitogre8bitogre San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    I haven't played Fallen Enchantress so I can't speak on it. If they were equal, I'd base it on if you prefer fantasy or sci-fi setting in your tactical turn-based games.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Chivalry get. I will be interested to see how this matches up against War of the Roses. I liked playing WotR as an archer but actual melee combat was wonky and not nearly as much fun, and I couldn't be arsed to try to actually grind for unlocks.

Also looking at Hotline, Mark of the Ninja, and Dawnguard, but I figure I can probably wait until the Christmas sales for all of those.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I don't recognize TheExAm from the Steam thread or the Borderlands thread, but that is an outstanding bit of class and I hope he or she pays us a visit.

He mostly hangs out in the Battlefield 3 and Mechwarrior Online threads, he's a real-life buddy of mine. He just got BL2 for himself today as well, which is why you haven't seen him in that thread.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited November 2012
    @rikdaly has denied me the joy of purchasing a game on sale by gifting me Hotline Miami

Now I must take massive quantities of drugs to cope and take my anger out on nameless henchmen.

If anyone needs me follow the trail of corpses.

Also reposting in the event that people missed them, they'll be around for a week so if steamgifts isn't loading you've got time, I know at least one of you doesn't have zenoclash yet.

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

iRevert on
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Does anyone think Sine Mora will be on sale in the next two days, or is it too close to release?

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    So I could use some thoughts on Chivalry, particularly with respect to War of the Roses. I played war of the roses, and it's basically M&B Part Deux. Anyone played chivaly that can give me a quickie on how it's different? It looks a bit more fast-paced and polished, but I've yet to talk to someone who's actually played it. Is it worth $12?

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Damn, I was really hoping Mark of the Ninja would be $5. Onto the "wait for the winter sale" list you go.

steam_sig.png
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    striderjg wrote: »
    Hmmm... ok, I can't decide on DE:HR as if you factor in the story content dlc the game pushes past my buy limit by a fair amount however I have been waiting for that 5 dollar price point as I have a huge backlog and no money. Is the story dlc integrated into the main story, or can it basically be selected from the menu and played later (like a mini-expansion [so it can be purchased in a subsequent sale])? Also I remember that there was a lot of confusion with the aug edition containing all kinds of different things depending on where you bought it from. The Aug. edition on steam does NOT contain any dlc.. is this correct? I know it's only 3 bucks and change but stuff adds up:)

The Missing Link DLC is separate entry in your game list and you can definitely get it later if you want to. It integrates into the middle of the main story but I think it was designed to be played after completing the main game. I don't think any of the Augmented Editions bring any DLCs, you just get a bunch of extra digital stuff (videos, artwork, soundtrack, etc)

For anyone interested who isn't striderjg, I'd say avoid the Missing Link DLC. The rain physics are certainly astounding but if you play it when it's supposed to be take place I find it utterly ruins the flow of the story. Plus since it takes away all your abilities (since it is a separate game it can't know what you picked so I Deus ex (heh) machinas away all your augments, it really feels like it just... isn't your Adam.

I didn't like it.

I think it's a pretty good DLC, not as amazing as the main game but still worth it. Like I said, I think it was designed to be played after finishing game. That's probably why you felt it ruined the flow of the story and that it wasn't your Adam anymore. It also has the best boss in the game, one that you can actually make choices on how to kill and where your stealth skills are not useless.

camo_sig2.png
  • DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    I've got a few friends who like Chivalry so I'm going to give it a shot. I'll post again later tonight or tomorrow morning if I think it's worth the $12.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    8bitogre wrote: »
    I haven't played Fallen Enchantress so I can't speak on it. If they were equal, I'd base it on if you prefer fantasy or sci-fi setting in your tactical turn-based games.

Just bought Fallen Enchantress this morning and so far I love it. It's basically Civilization + magic/fantasy so it's got infinite replay potential.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Ha, Amazon editor's "Best of 2012 in Video Games [PC]" picks includes XCOM. No, not that XCOM, the 1950's shooter coming out <cough> on Dec. 31 of this year.

Said list also shows that the Mac version of Walking Dead is still $12.50. Steamworks game should activate either way, yes?

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Ha, Amazon editor's "Best of 2012 in Video Games [PC]" picks includes XCOM. No, not that XCOM, the 1950's shooter coming out <cough> on Dec. 31 of this year.

Said list also shows that the Mac version of Walking Dead is still $12.50. Steamworks game should activate either way, yes?

If the C&C collection wasn't origin I'd be all over that shit, but FUCK origin with all the peni if I really wanted to play Red Alert I'll just bust out my discs.

DudemanX wrote: »
    I've got a few friends who like Chivalry so I'm going to give it a shot. I'll post again later tonight or tomorrow morning if I think it's worth the $12.

Dammit, man, play! Inquiring minds want to know!

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I also have the following steam keys for trade as I won't play them:

Red Faction: Gorilla
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Homefront
    Metro 2033
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

For any of those titles:

XCom (all of the keys, probably not the best deal)

for 2 keys from above (O.B.O!):
    Towns
    Cortex Command
    Orc Must Die 2 Complete
    Iron Brigade

Going to take a nap. Send PM if interested! Decided I'm going with Fallen Enchantress. XCOM can wait a bit (darn you price points).

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    @slappybag wins the right to do a little dance on the catwalk. yeah, the catwalk. doin' a little dance on the catwalk. (Accept my request and I'll send it over when you're next on Steam.)

Meanwhile, there's still three hours left to take a chance to win one of the best stories of this year. Competition is heated for this contest, but who knows, it's still anyone's game at this point!
    signature.png

Donnicton on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I have a weird request. Due to a screw up on my end would anybody be willing to make an ever so slight uneven trade with me? I bought TWD as a secret santa present without realizing that my target already had it on 360 (forgot that it released on XBLA because I'm stupid) which let me gift it out here. Replaced it with Mark of the Ninja which I'm hoping he'll enjoy, but that leaves me with $6.24 in my Steam wallet.

So, does anybody out there want something for that amount or less and wouldn't mind giving me Mark of the Ninja for myself in return?

Sorry if this is out of line. If it is I'll edit it out when you all let me know. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I figure this is the right place to ask this question: how do I get the thing in the signature that says what games you've been playing on Steam and links to your profile page?

I just figure I should put something in my signature.

edited November 2012
    I figure this is the right place to ask this question: how do I get the thing in the signature that says what games you've been playing on Steam and links to your profile page?

I just figure I should put something in my signature.

Pssssssssssst read the first post and look for "Steam Signatures"

iRevert on
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Danke.

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Two other people beat me too it. Heh.
    Ah well, happy Fakesgiving everybody - been out with Mrs. Croaker doing her annual meetup with other expats; tired, and generally cheerful with the world at large.

Carry on :)

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

It looks like the fupsers took a large helping of X-COM and put it in their game after everyone said "stop doing it wrong".

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Fuck ow today hit my wallet harder than I was expecting too.

Elemental and Mark of the Ninja

• ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    I saw this dog and felt he needed a good home here, Though I think he needs a Monocle to make it perfect.

So to all the classy people here I salute you with this.
    wPkQL.jpg

• Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Thanks to @rikdaly for Splice.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

Lemme guess... three hours from start to finish, four multiplayer stages and doesn't run in DirectX 11 unless you set WinXP compatibility mode - but it has "visceral" gameplay, so....it'll be GAME OF THE YEAR!

Donnicton on
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    I was just blindsided by @jclast. That amazing classhole gifted me The Walking Dead. Thank you so much!
    Here's how I picture you now:

fdB0P.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Well, according to Steam customer support, I can't add funds to my wallet because I recently moved to the UK, while Steam still thinks I live in Euro-land and it apparently can't deal with the two currencies being mixed up or whatever. To fix it I'd need to scan in my UK driver's license or ID (which I don't have) and send it to them and eeeeeeehhhh.
    So I said fuck it and just bought a gift for one of you wonderful nerds and paid for it with my credit card. Serve the Newell!

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I have a weird request. Due to a screw up on my end would anybody be willing to make an ever so slight uneven trade with me? I bought TWD as a secret santa present without realizing that my target already had it on 360 (forgot that it released on XBLA because I'm stupid) which let me gift it out here. Replaced it with Mark of the Ninja which I'm hoping he'll enjoy, but that leaves me with $6.24 in my Steam wallet.

So, does anybody out there want something for that amount or less and wouldn't mind giving me Mark of the Ninja for myself in return?

Sorry if this is out of line. If it is I'll edit it out when you all let me know. Thanks!

You should friend me on Steam.

steam_sig.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Well, according to Steam customer support, I can't add funds to my wallet because I recently moved to the UK, while Steam still thinks I live in Euro-land and it apparently can't deal with the two currencies being mixed up or whatever. To fix it I'd need to scan in my UK driver's license or ID (which I don't have) and send it to them and eeeeeeehhhh.
    So I said fuck it and just bought a gift for one of you wonderful nerds and paid for it with my credit card. Serve the Newell!

Speaking as the nerd in question, perhaps, thanks for Mark of the Ninja! Going to install that bad boy and see whats up, I heard good things but had been suffering through various couch co-op games and haven't had a chance to really soak in Steam lately.

steam_sig.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Everyone has been super classy as usual and I just wanted to say thanks for being that way. This is the best community ever.

p.s. I've been sick since Wednesday, if someone could get the Newell working on making me not that way I'd appreciate it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    signature.png

Winner was @slappybag. Sent.
    Donnicton wrote: »
    @slappybag wins the right to do a little dance on the catwalk. yeah, the catwalk. doin' a little dance on the catwalk. (Accept my request and I'll send it over when you're next on Steam.)

Received both of them. Thanks!

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Picked up Skyrim and so far I'm liking it. Playing without mods for the moment to get a good feel for the game, but there sure are a ton of mods around. Dark Elf mage for now, I'm sure I'll try out some of the other things eventually.

steam_sig.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    It's odd. Now that I'm working, I don't get to see the sales tick over as they change. Miss every flash sale and only see them when they have about an hour left....It feels...Odd. Slightly empty.

Oh. Borderlands 2. Bah. Welp, there's the christmas sale for that at least. Any chance it'll get higher than 50%?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009CEM332?tag=cheapassgam08-20

Tony Hawk for 5 bucks. Steamworks. Not sure, but think that's the cheapest it's been so far.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this version of Tony Hawk have no multiplayer? Which sort of defeats like 80% of the fun in a tony hawk game?

I was all stoked to get it when it came out until I heard that.

It does not have multiplayer, which originally didn't bother me (since the original THPS didn't have it) until I found out the XBLA version does.

I also found the controls to be rather unresponsive, which immediately took all the fun out of the singleplayer as well.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I am still without internet in my new apartment. Hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving sale.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »

It's worth the twelve dollars, but not the full price. It's fun, very polished but gets repetitive quickly

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
    Botznoy wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »

It's worth the twelve dollars, but not the full price. It's fun, very polished but gets repetitive quickly

My itchy finger got the better of me, and I bought it. Watched a few youtube clips of it, and it looks like a M&B game with some production value. Should be fun.

This discussion has been closed.