As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cross-Platform Save Files

CTMCTM Registered User regular
edited November 2012 in Penny Arcade Games
Hey, I was just wondering if it was possible at all to migrate my save files from the Windows version to the OSX version. I finished the game on Windows (no DLC) a while ago, and now that the OSX version is out, I'll want to play the DLCs on it. My main OS is OSX, and I only boot in Windows for games, so not having to reboot to play Rainslick would be great :)

EDIT: So a little bit of digging showed that save files are kept as serialized strings in ~/Library/Preferences/unity.TinkerHouse Games.PAA 3.plist. It seems the format is similar to the Windows save files, although those seem to be binary dumps of the serialized objects, whereas the OSX version keeps it in string format. I'm not sure how much work it would involve for TinkerHouse Games to write a converter so we can port save files. I don't think much, but I have no idea if the way they serialize things is much different (since one runs on .NET and the other Mono/Unity). That said, SteamCloud would be the ideal option :)

CTM on