As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Airing Of Grievances In Public Conversation Form (Potentially NSFW or NSF56K)

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Look man, I warned you that Robot Santa would not look kindly upon pregnant Batman, and you had to go and test his kindness protocols.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Don't really get the eye-bleeding part there

pointing out how dumb those things are by throwing Hawkeye in the lady's place is both funny and effective

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Look man, I warned you that Robot Santa would not look kindly upon pregnant Batman, and you had to go and test his kindness protocols.

Ok, pregnant Batman avatar is gone.

*grumble* If I could find a pregnant Robot Santa, that would totally be my avatar now... I can't believe Rule 34 has failed me here...

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Ugh, I can't believe I stooped to snitching out cshadow

And all I got was this lousy cheevo.

;)

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya , mine was in reference to preg Batman too, the Hawkeye stuff is funny tho.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    A quote from Hickman that seems to imply the way the writing of event comics may work
    The Illuminati (NEW AVENGERS) are the exact same Illuminati that Bendis / Maleev introduced a few years ago. Beyond things that could not be casually explained (Cap having an Infinity Gem -- there's no getting around that), it's meant to be a direct continuation of that extremely conceited concept. I think I answered the Beast thing above somewhere, but he was the best suited, and available, plugin for Xavier when he got killed (which happened because I put Xavier back on the table in AvX 6, so it was kind of my fault -- I screwed myself, like an idiot).

Also while I'm at it Hickman being super candid in an awesome way

Continuing, "Best and most influential minds in the MU" is the kind of flowery, non-threatening, gibberish that we use to sell books instead of the honest "A group of brilliant and powerful men that took it upon themselves to control the direction of the Marvel Universe." The deception is intolerably shameful, but necessary, which is why I only write my solicits when I'm completely drunk. SERIOUSLY.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Beast being in the illumanati means his primary motivation in All new is most likely a mislead which is annoying and just sort of kills that story's urgency.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Beast being in the illumanati means his primary motivation in All new is most likely a mislead which is annoying and just sort of kills that story's urgency.

what, how so

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Beast being in the illumanati means his primary motivation in All new is
    most likely a mislead which is annoying and just sort of kills that story's urgency.

what, how so
    Well Im gonna take a wild guess here and say being on the avengers means Hank isn't dying anytime soon. So his last chance at salvation is more " I acted like an idiot and probably destroyed time sorry!"

Which really makes him perfect for the illuminati

• Options
    If you thought he actually was in danger of dying

Well, I don't even know what to tell you.

ANXM has been awesome so far and certainly does not need his death to justify itself.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Well its his entire motivation for doing what he
    does. He doesn't see any possibility of surviving. If he lives the entire monologue in the first issue might as well end with lol.
    Also there's three of him now I'm pretty sure they could off one and still have their beast Quota met.

I enjoy the book immensely but that's gonna bug me for a while.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Surely that's only if he knows at the time that he's gonna live? If he believes that he will die and then doesn't, that doesn't invalidate his prior motivation.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I agree with Bale

if you thought Beast, one of the most popular X-Men of all time, was just going to die

then I have a bridge to sell you

• Options
    It's his body failing. Hanks been monitoring his condition for years especially since he mutated again. I'm less inclined to believe this is something he'd take at face value rather than check and recheck.

• Options
    He knows something is happening to him, the monologue from the first issue read to me like he didn't actually know what was wrong with him, just that he didn't think he would survive it.

I mean yes if Hank wakes up feeling better next issue and that is that then I'll agree with you. But there are loads more ways other than death to give his sickness appropriate weight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    From the New Avengers stuff we have seen it is clear he survives and mutates further. What with being bigger, more hunched over and having only 2 fingers and a thumb on each hand

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Just turn Beast into the hulking, dumber-by-the-day Beast, of Parker's Exiles.

iq0RN.jpg

Seriously, I love that design.

• Options
    I do too and it looks like they are doing that between:
    NEWAVN2013003_Keown_col.jpg
    and
    NEWAVN2013001_DC11.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Fuck.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Namor with his X-Men costume and Dr Strange back as Sorcerer Supreme with his sweet new costume and Black Bolt and Black Panther and Beast all being written by Hickman ohmygodeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Solar on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    BRING BACK THE GREEN SPEEDO

• Options
    I dig Beast looking, well, bestial

Cat form was too..weird. It didn't feel like a beast so much as a big furry teddy bear.

The thing that makes Beast one of my favorites is that he is such kind, gentle, brilliant man stuck in a monstrous looking body. It's what makes him different from every other supergenius in the Marvel Universe.

So having Beast look like a straight up beast is awesome.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I could get behind Beast being bigger and more hulking, to more radically contrast with his intelligence.

• Options
    Same here, that Exiles Beast design with Beasts' incredible intellect, wit and charisma is what you want.

• Options
    Cat beast was a fucking blight

Cassaday and Bachalo were the only artists who made it look good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bachalo never makes anything look good Bale you know that

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm reading through Hickman's Fantastic Four run so maybe it's explained there (in which case I don't need details) but have they explained how
    Black Bolt survived the War of Kings?

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    I'm reading through Hickman's Fantastic Four run so maybe it's explained there (in which case I don't need details) but have they explained how
    Black Bolt survived the War of Kings?

Yeah, it's explained there.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Or pushing against irresistible forces ...

They're grimacing. What expression do you expect them to have?

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm all about making fun of weird faces on covers
    But they seem appropriate in this setting

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    You'd be grimacing too if you were trying to keep planets from colliding.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I'm more concerned with where Reed's hand are!

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Cat beast was a fucking blight

Cassaday and Bachalo were the only artists who made it look good.

Immonen is absolutely killing the Cat Beast on ANXM right now what are you even talking about

• Options
    Immomen's is good too but I didnt include him because he's already changing isn't he? He has more fingers now than he used to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm more concerned with where Reed's hand are!

Somebody has to hold up Namor's pants; they'd all be too distracted otherwise.

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Is Beast still gay?

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    wait what

• Options
    Morrison had a throwaway line about Beast thinking he might be gay in his run

never actually said he was gay and it could easily be read as Beast politely turning down the lady who was flirting with him

and since he has been in a relationship with Abigail for a while it is pretty clear he ain't

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Morrison even confirms it was just to upset Trish in a later issue where Cyclops and Beast play detective. And then Beast tells Cyclops he's playing with fire with his talks with Emma.

Trish Tilby, now there's a character who never went anywhere. Opal was cool, Archangel's cop girlfirend was cool, Tilby? nah.

This discussion has been closed.