As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Auto[chat]

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Goddamn Nancy Boy Emo Hipster Metro Sexuals.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    On a much less exuberant note, I got the Survivor achievement in Uncharted 2.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I've been humble bundled again!!!! Sheesh.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spooool

hire me as a consultant! :P

I don't have any of the money yet!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The single most amazing visual part of Skyrim are the vistas.

Standing on a hilltop or on the side of a mountain and just looking over the valley where Whiterun is. Oh man.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I find great joy in the little details of skyrim's graphics: the butterflies, dark elf eyes, etc

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    spooool

if you did, would you even be allowed to make that kind of decision?

• Options
    I bear with the first 45 minutes of beethoven's ninth for the utter orgiastic splendor that is the final movement

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Whoah, @Nova_C! You wrote a novel in a month?

Congrats! i am impressed!

• Options
    spooool

Fiarst you get da suuuuugah. Den you get dah powah. Den you get da women.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    da weemeen

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    I find great joy in the little details of skyrim's graphics: the butterflies, dark elf eyes, etc

elf eyes dark with dread and ill intent as you force them to watch you exercise your right of prima nocta on their sweet young flower

you goddamned nordic bigot

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    My Santa done good. :^:

I'm glad you like it.

• Options
    Thanks, 21st!

And it's only part of a novel. It's the same one I worked on last year. It's at 103k words now. I mean to finish the first draft soon, though.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    spooool

if you did, would you even be allowed to make that kind of decision?

for only $30,000 I can provide you with one (1) motivational message per week containing up to three (3) sentences containing hand picked high quality motivational phrases, such as: Paradigm, First-in-class, world-beaters, and many more!

This service will be provided for not more than fifty (50) weeks.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    da weemeen

Thanks, I was trying to sound it out and it just wasn't working. :P

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Thanks, 21st!

And it's only part of a novel. It's the same one I worked on last year. It's at 103k words now. I mean to finish the first draft soon, though.

What's it about?

i asked before but forgot. :?

• Options
    god damnit

i bought half of my santee's gift and i just got an email from amazonlocal telling me that place is having a big sale :l

FUCK THE POLICE

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Meanwhile in Sweden.

The racism party has 20 parliament seats, 4 of their people have resigned or taken leaves of absence in two weeks because of two separate hate crime esque scandals.

They try to closet their racism you see. But it gets out a lot!

4 of you 20 people. In two weeks! GG!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    I had a pretty decent time when I was raiding in WoW. We had a 'casual raiding' guild that was working on Kara, and a few of the more ambitious guys got invited to a better guild and took the choice players with them.

My guild's weekly Kara runs were the most fun I've ever had in an MMO, and definitely among my top multiplayer video game experiences.

Kara was fun. Mt. Hyjal was where it was at though. Great pacing a nice epic feel. Most fun you could have as a protection paladin. Wave after wave of mob beating themselves to death against you while you got to watch a spectacular light show.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the thing with skyrim

is that you'll notice very few of the prettied-up pictures put in any people

even in static shots they look pretty dang jarring

and of course the skyrim engine is baaaad at handling grass and trees and wind

the world needs an engine optimized for prettiness damn it

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »

elf eyes dark with dread and ill intent as you force them to watch you exercise your right of prima nocta on their sweet young flower

primae noctis

I don't think nocta is even a word

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    fuck yeah

http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2012/11/29/next-up-for-the-surface-family-surface-with-windows-8-pro-pricing.aspx

the Pro version of the Surface is going to be a fair bit cheaper than I was expecting. $899 for 64gb and $999 for 128gb.

The company is giving me a free Surface RT next month but I am so buying a pro as well when they come out.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Talking of interfering governments, here’s Germany forfeiting freedom for a few fauna-fondlers.

I love alliteration.

• Options

primae noctis

this is endearing, this thing you're doing

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

primae noctis

this is endearing, this thing you're doing

He's peacocking for Spool.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    fuck yeah

http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft_blog/archive/2012/11/29/next-up-for-the-surface-family-surface-with-windows-8-pro-pricing.aspx

the Pro version of the Surface is going to be a fair bit cheaper than I was expecting. $899 for 64gb and $999 for 128gb.

The company is giving me a free Surface RT next month but I am so buying a pro as well when they come out.

what is the deal with this product

i assume from the price it's meant to be more of a computer replacement than a tablet

how powerful is the OS

• Options
    yes, I've certainly never talked about esoteric details of Latin declension before

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Stupid Skyrim ate my morning.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    which country speaks latin?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    fuck yeah

i assume from the price it's meant to be more of a computer replacement than a tablet

how powerful is the OS

the Pro version (which is the link above) is running full windows 8. It's a tablet with an actual Big Boy OS.

So you can run any windows software you already have. No need to repurchase everything yet again from an app store.

The Surface RT (and Windows RT in general.... *sigh* bad naming decision) needs programs to have been compiled for ARM to run.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »

Latin America, duh.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Latvia.

• Options
    fuck yeah

how powerful is the OS

the Pro version (which is the link above) is running full windows 8. It's a tablet with an actual Big Boy OS.

So you can run any windows software you already have. No need to repurchase everything yet again from an app store.

The Surface RT (and Windows RT in general.... *sigh* bad naming decision) needs programs to have been compiled for ARM to run.

I thought the Surface tablet was running on the ARM flavor of 8?

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Wait spool is in some game company that made some thing? I thought I was up on all the decent Kickstarters what just got funded?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    fuck yeah

how powerful is the OS

cool

is the tablet powerful enough to handle actual 3d games made for the PC on low or whatever?

• Options

Latin America, duh.

no they dont

they speak spanish and portuguese

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Thanks, 21st!

What's it about?

i asked before but forgot. :?

Growing up in the slums of a backwater planet, an orphan girl begins a rise to fame in the illegal pit fights that enthrall the poor and desperate people that inhabit that world. Her talent and brutality are only the beginning of her power and in a losing fight against a much bigger and experienced opponent, unlocks the ability to change her perceptions, speed her reactions, if only for a short time.

When a mercenary attack kills her mentor, she swears vengeance, but soon learns that they were there for her. As she begins her own hunt, she learns that everything she knew about her past was a lie and powerful people have been looking for her for a long time. Unlocking the truth of the source of her power will reveal a universe to her that she was never prepared to face.

This discussion has been closed.