Options

Have I Ever Told You The Definition of Inanity? [FarCry3]

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I just watched the first five minutes of the Quick Look and don't want to watch anymore

Vaas is fucking menacing as hell and I want to save every last bit of it for the actual game

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Trust fund kids more like shark bait.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    oh, sure, he's menacing in that little section they trot out for journalists

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I might pick it up on a sale.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Yeah, though, some of Jeff's comments were kind of horrifying in a way, along with a lot of the user comments on the video

If you're gonna hate someone just because they're financially secure and enjoying their youth, you can fuck right off

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    yeah, sure, pick it up on one of those sales they trot out for journalists

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    There really aren't enough pieces of media where the civilized white guy comes to the rescue of the good tribal savages (who are being repressed by the bad tribal savages!) and learns a little bit about himself in the process

is this one of those games or what

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    eat the rich

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    eat the rich
    eat out the rich

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

What?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Machwing wrote: »
    There really aren't enough pieces of media where the civilized white guy comes to the rescue of the good tribal savages (who are being repressed by the bad tribal savages!) and learns a little bit about himself in the process

is this one of those games or what

He can also win the heart of one beautiful savage who is some kind of cultural leader

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Yeah, though, some of Jeff's comments were kind of horrifying in a way, along with a lot of the user comments on the video

If you're gonna hate someone just because they're financially secure and enjoying their youth, you can fuck right off

it's okay for someone to be rich if they spend it on a bitchin' video game collection in their mancave

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Jeff's comments were hilarious, fuck those stupid kids

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Nah, totally their fault for not finding out if the islands they were visiting were having armed conflict and nautical piracy issues.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I heard I can shoot crazy mans in this game.

Please confirm.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    -Tal wrote: »

it's okay for someone to be rich if they spend it on a bitchin' video game collection in their mancave

Seriously

Reminder that Jeff actually considered buying an overly expensive car earlier this year just for shits and giggles

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

What?

They're making fun of my page 1 post.

Empasis on journalists is added.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Seriously

Reminder that Jeff actually considered buying an overly expensive car earlier this year just for shits and giggles

Jeff doesn't go for poverty tourism, though. That's a mark in his favor.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm not buying this

but it did come free with my new videocard, so I'll be downloading it to see how pretty my rig can make it

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    My copy should (hopefully) arrive today.

I am super excited by this. It looks like they've removed most, or all, of the annoyances from FC2, and it's got some interesting characters to boot.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Jeff Gerstmann of Giant Bomb was talking in the Far Cry 3 quicklook about how the protagonist and his friends are all super awful and deserve to be sold into slavery and/or killed.

Which is more than just a bit much considering just the intro, but he's played 4 or 5 more hours into the game so maybe they get extra awful I dunno.

Even if it's meant to be a joke that is some tasteless shit and goes to show some massive ignorance on his part about human trafficking. Nice going Jeff Gerstmann, you just plummeted to the level of douchebag overnight. That takes effort!

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm not buying this

but it did come free with my new videocard, so I'll be downloading it to see how pretty my rig can make it

What video card is that

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    This game is really fun

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    All that weapon customizing and XP-related shit, by the way, got me stoked for this game.

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Henroid wrote: »
    Jeff Gerstmann of Giant Bomb was talking in the Far Cry 3 quicklook about how the protagonist and his friends are all super awful and deserve to be sold into slavery and/or killed.

Which is more than just a bit much considering just the intro, but he's played 4 or 5 more hours into the game so maybe they get extra awful I dunno.

Even if it's meant to be a joke that is some tasteless shit and goes to show some massive ignorance on his part about human trafficking. Nice going Jeff Gerstmann, you just plummeted to the level of douchebag overnight. That takes effort!

The definition of insanity:

Sincerely overreacting to an overreaction which was itself for comedic effect.

Also this game rules.

And it was $70 AUD which as insane as it might sound to Americans is actually a damn good price here.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm not buying this

What video card is that

radeon HD 7850

it's not specific to this card, it was a thing Newegg was doing

they might still be doing it

basically every AMD-based card came with a Farcry 3 preorder

it also includes a 20% discount on the new medal of honor

• Options
    Some things are not cool to joke about. At least not in the manner he did. He stated it as "deserves." If he said, "I don't care to rescue these people," it would've been a soft enough blow to be funny.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Some things are not cool to joke about. At least not in the manner he did. He stated it as "deserves." If he said, "I don't care to rescue these people," it would've been a soft enough blow to be funny.

Man, I joke about selling my daughter all the time.

I bet a healthy white baby is worth some bank

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Road block, motherfuckers
    farcry3_d3d112012-11-2922-34-38-702.jpg
    The toll is your life

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    wow dude

you your graphics cranked way down low

w-w-w-way down low

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    SwissLion wrote: »

The definition of insanity:

Sincerely overreacting to an overreaction which was itself for comedic effect.

Also this game rules.

And it was $70 AUD which as insane as it might sound to Americans is actually a damn good price here.

you're right

that does sound insane

but then i remember that your minimum wage is like 14 an hour or something like that and i'm like oh

i don't feel bad anymore

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I don't know if my laptop will be able to play this, so I might have to just get the 360 version.

Vaas is the best villain of any game this year, it's not even close.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Jeff's comments were totally overreacted for comedic effect. Going THIS DUDE IS A MONSTROUS DOUCHEIs being pretty silly over a little thing.

Also I watched the brotastic intro and now am not gonna watch anything elsebecause that was perfect.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Vaas seems like an amazing character

I think i'm going to get this. Hopefully I'll actually be able to stand playing it unlike Farcry 2

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

Even if it's meant to be a joke

I think it's fucking ridiculous and borderline offensive to even suggest that J. Gerstmann makes jokes or that he is not 100% sincere about selling people he dosn't like into slavery.

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Binary SquidBinary Squid We all make choices Registered User regular
    edited November 2012

Yes, no matter how awful the protagonist and crew are, that is some stupid shit coming from him. It's on the same level as making a rape joke.

As a matter of fact, with the women in the game, that is making a rape joke, saying that they deserve to be sold into slavery. Does he even know what happens to women and men who are sold? The kind of horrors they are put through? Multiple rapes, forced addictions, torture, literally being worked to death.

That shit's indefensible. And defending it due to the fact that the protagonists are unlikable because they're rich or white or assholes is not what people should be doing here.

I don't care whether people are in my social or economic sphere, they don't deserve to be hurt for not being there. And joking about how a group that they don't like should have terrible things happen because of what they are, is pretty much the definition of that.

Binary Squid on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    Comments were made for dramatic effect
    these are the rantings of a video game journalist/comedian, not a suit on CNN
    if you have such an emotional reaction to this I am very surprised as to how you are on Penny Arcade, a site whose mascot is a robot that rapes fruit

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Look all I know is that the animation quality and voice acting are combining to some stellar goddamn performances in everything I've seen about this game so far.

8406wWN.png