As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] New thread posted, please use that one.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    reVerse doesn't know what he's talking about.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    CondimentsCondiments Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Alazull wrote: »
    Okay, good, because I did drink a lot that weekend and wasn't totally sure of my memory.

So, today I rolled into a two-team tournament and won, but not before some bro on the other team said, "Bad Warrior l2p." After it took him and two other teammates to kill me, and they allowed me to neutralize a point, and almost immediately afterwards my team showed up and roflstomped them so fast we managed to take all three points. Kiddo, you teach me how to play my class any better than that and I'll tell you what its like to feel the warmth of another human being.

I wouldn't worry about it. People rage usually rage towards warriors when they die to something like 100B which purely a L2P issue on their part anyways. Warriors have the "easy to play" moniker but are one of the tougher classes to play with against more competitive players. Knowing when when to engage your burst or disengage completely in accordance with teammates during battles can be tough to learn. So if you're owning people, I'd say keep it up man. :) I'd totally roll with you in some tournies if I'm on in the next couple days.

Condiments on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Further proof you can't read.

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    So, power went off at my house early this evening while in the middle of running a dungeon with other NICE fold (sorry about that guys I really wanted to get back in with yous guys).

Now I'm stuck in an apparent hell where the client either crashes or keeps telling me "download failed". I've already tried a fresh install of the game, and running it in administrator mode, and even following supports instructions on repairing the client.

Wish me luck lords and ladies, because in another hour I think I might be in the mood to punch the sun.

UPDATE: Got it working for a bit, then crashed while trying to close the map. What the hell?

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure there are nicer ways to say that...can we be civil?

I tend to agree with reVerse on this topic; warriors are generally the better class is all situations except tPvP. I find them to be one of the weaker classes at holding points or dealing consistent big burst damage.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Any suggestions on the cheapest tradeskills to level up with? From what I've been able to gather, cooking then artifice seem to be very easy and comparatively inexpensive. What should I focus on after those 2? I've got a small bankroll and a pretty solid bank of mats from 3 previous character attempts, but I want to stretch it as much as possible.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I think jewelcrafting after those two. You can pretty much max out on a single stack of ore of each level and then some filigree and gems you've likely already harvested. Make 11-12 filigree's per level and you are GUARANTEED to get to the next tier I've found. There are typically 8 unique combinations to filigree and combine to discover, then a couple extras to push you over the mark.

• Options
    JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    I'd agree about jewel crafting up until the final stretch when you have to craft a few rare 80s to hit 400. I don't understand why those embellished jewels require ectos, when no other crafting prof does for making 80 rares. Just up the number of rubies/emeralds/etc to 15 per embellished jewel, just like all the other rare quality insignia.

Its not so bad, I did manage to sell most of those jewels back close to cost at the time (I recall ectos being 21-23s at the time I finished off jewelry).

• Options
    Perfect, my mesmer was a jeweler, and I have a stash of early gems and metals laying about iirc. I was going to just level this engineer normally, but I keep seeing dungeon this and dungeon that, and I wants in, even if it's some early story ones.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Perfect, my mesmer was a jeweler, and I have a stash of early gems and metals laying about iirc. I was going to just level this engineer normally, but I keep seeing dungeon this and dungeon that, and I wants in, even if it's some early story ones.

Playing in dungeons is "leveling normally" :D You just get a big chunk of exp in one go.

• Options
    MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Pretty sure there are nicer ways to say that...can we be civil?

I think the universe just exploded.

• Options
    I think jewelcrafting after those two. You can pretty much max out on a single stack of ore of each level and then some filigree and gems you've likely already harvested. Make 11-12 filigree's per level and you are GUARANTEED to get to the next tier I've found. There are typically 8 unique combinations to filigree and combine to discover, then a couple extras to push you over the mark.

Here's a dynamic crafting guide that updates using TP costs and info. If you want to just grind the levels without the "fun" of discovering things on your own, these guides show you the cheapest and/or fastest ways to do it.

http://gw2crafts.net/

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    i run dungeons to get gold to level alts by crafting. that site is a great help.

• Options
    Mordroth wrote: »

Here's a dynamic crafting guide that updates using TP costs and info. If you want to just grind the levels without the "fun" of discovering things on your own, these guides show you the cheapest and/or fastest ways to do it.

Wow, that's some detail. Thanks.

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Well that answers that question, I just got back into this last weekend, hit 50 working my way through blood tide coast.

I was going to ask if there is any value in continuing to leveling my trade skills, but the last few posts seem to point to yes.

Also, don't think I have stepped into a single dungeon, what dungeons are near my level?

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Aretè wrote: »
    Also, don't think I have stepped into a single dungeon, what dungeons are near my level?

None of them, because according to some people in this thread, dungeons are BY DESIGN level 80 hard mode content even if you can enter them earlier than that.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Well that answers that question, I just got back into this last weekend, hit 50 working my way through blood tide coast.

I was going to ask if there is any value in continuing to leveling my trade skills, but the last few posts seem to point to yes.

You can do caudecus's manor and ascalonian catacombs explorable at your level.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

To actually answer your question...

The first dungeon would be Ascalonian Catacombs story mode at level 30, with the explorable mode being level 35. Then Cadeucus Manor at 40 and the exp mode at 45, and so on. You should receive mail from your herald giving you a little backstory for the dungeon with the ability to pan to the zone it is in.

• Options
    Great and yeah i remember getting notified about some dungeon. I was culled out of nice since I was gone for so long, not sure what my ID is though. I'll pop on tonight and ask for a reinvite.

Since I'm on my first guy still, I'm in no particular rush to make it to 80. Taking my time hitting all the vistas points and hearts and what not. It's been fun coming back and lighting everything on fire with my flamethrower

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    AC you can do from 35+ if you have up to date gear, a non pants-on-head trait/utility/weapon setup, and a group willing to take you. 80s in exotics are still leagues ahead of a character that is at level for the dungeons, but i wouldn't be surprised if ANET makes down-leveling for content more severe in the future.

i'd avoid CM as i just think it's a horrible dungeon right now. give it a try if you want though.

• Options
    CM is fine if you know what you're going. Kind of like all the dungeons on explorable.

• Options
    CM story is pretty freaking easy as long as you know what you're doing. I will say there a couple of tough paths, but the story is probably the quickest dungeon you can do until much later in the level curve.

Computer still borked to hell with GW2. I'm really at wits end when I've been playing for two weeks just fine, it goes off because of a power outage and now cannot seem to be fixed by any means.

• Options
    i am ninjafrizz.1706 if any officers are on to invite to NICE. please and thank you.

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    btw I may not be around much for the next week cuz simcity

I may still pop in to do gbank stuff and dailies here and there but otherwise yeah simcity

What the hell server are you connected to? I can't seem to get in anywhere. This could quite possibly be the start of a personal lifetime boycott against EA.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    btw I may not be around much for the next week cuz simcity

I may still pop in to do gbank stuff and dailies here and there but otherwise yeah simcity

What the hell server are you connected to? I can't seem to get in anywhere. This could quite possibly be the start of a personal lifetime boycott against EA.

I only played once two nights ago for a few hours - I connected with no issues and could play almost right away, but that's because it was past midnight on the east coast of Australia and the west coast is far less populated; it basically meant I was up against Asians and it was late at night on a weeknight.

Last night my boyfriend tried playing but he started trying at an earlier time than I did and hit 20-minute queues until he was finally able to play.

So while I seek to play GW2 at peaktime, I seek to play SimCity at off-peak... it all ends up working kinda well, really.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Turns out I can connect to Europe East - but of course my cities are on NA West 1. fuck EA.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Turns out I can connect to Europe East - but of course my cities are on NA West 1. fuck EA.

yes I am discussing this at length in the SE++ SimCity thread at present

not being able to have your cities follow you from server to server is just asinine on top of everything else

my cities are also on NA West 1 but I think I might start games on Oceanic and Europe East just so that I can always play something

plus Europe off-peak syncs well with our-time peak-time, so that seems like a good option

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    going to try to be on this weekend and I really should finish the story , currently at the mission where you fight the mouth and I have had serious issues with this fight. Would love to get some assistance with it.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    @darkmayo today the daily has a "finish a quest from the personal story" step, so if you can do it today that would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    @darkmayo today the daily has a "finish a quest from the personal story" step, so if you can do it today that would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Hmm, though I think my daily will change by the time I get home in about 7 hours.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Any chance of running a guild bounty tonight?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Hadn't played in a while... went around WvW for a bit smashing people with hammer. Still very satisfying to stunlock/cripple a person so easily as warrior.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    HamHamJ wrote: »

The intention is to run a bounty of some tier tonight. @Kylindra (aka Sage Persephone) the newest officer will likely be coordinating if around. :D

• Options
    VahkrisVahkris TexasRegistered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »

The intention is to run a bounty of some tier tonight. @Kylindra (aka Sage Persephone) the newest officer will likely be coordinating if around. :D

Hopefully I'll be around, although I'm usually not able to be on until 9pm Central. Maybe we can do a T1 and avoid the long wait while we lock down all the targets, and just have everyone go to the specific zone and area and swarm the place until we find them. I haven't gotten a guild bounty yet this week and want to get it before it resets tomorrow.

On another note, do we have any other missions unlocked?

• Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    going to try to be on this weekend and I really should finish the story , currently at the mission where you fight the mouth and I have had serious issues with this fight. Would love to get some assistance with it.

The challenge is that you have to kill the spectral guardians before you attack him. Keep moving around and try to be on the other side of the pillars in that area and you should be able to take them on without getting all the bad stuff he throws at you. When you beat them all the NPCs will revive to help you beat on the Mouth. Also, I think you can ignore the deliveries he gets during the fight because they didn't seem to heal him or give him any kind of buff, but if you do kill them they have a good chance of dropping magic items.

Besides that as usual try to stay out of red circles and pour as much damage on him as you can.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I got a house showing to go to tonight, but depending on what time I get back I might join y'all.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Natas_XnoybisNatas_Xnoybis Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

this is the way to do it if you are just looking to get a toon to lvl 80 and out in WvW (or whatever else tickles your fancy) ASAP. I grinded my mesmer to 15, did leatherworking (had most of the mats lying around) to 25 or so, bought some XP boost things and candy corn ice cream (+15% xp) had some lvl 80 friends run me through my story line up until the mobs were in their mid 50s (at that point was too much of a pain getting one shotted all the time).

Then out to wvw with guild xp buff, XP booster from store, and Ice cream 15% buff, run around in xp group flipping camps, taking flags, flipping quagen nodes in lake, going back and forth between all the borderlands and Boom lvl 50,

went back to the gw2crafts site, pounded out cooking, artificing, jewelcrafting = lvl 80. After selling/breaking down yellows all the stuff I made I was out hmm 8 gold max?!?!

I have over 2,000 wvw badges and about a 250,000 kharma (from jugs) from the Necro I have been playing so as the dust settles: I spent about 3 evenings playing and have a fully exotic lvl 80 mesmer with (at this point in game) very minimal gold cost. 40 of those levels came from the gw2crafts site. I have used other guides on other toons, but this site is leaps and bounds better than anything else I have seen.

*edit* re-reading this it looks like i am bragging or waving my epeen about, :P all I really wanted to stress was that the gw2crafts site is the f'ing Bees Knees

Natas_Xnoybis on
    I hate Computers
    GIS is evil
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I used a lot of boosts and such to level my first 80. But now that I'm on my third I find that I just really like running around leveling characters in this game. The only reason I pull out my 80s anymore is for dungeon runs and Orr events. Feels bad cause I haven't played my necro at all and she was my first character to 80 and looks amazing.

• Options
    I'm like 100% the opposite. I'm fighting playing my new toons without boosters and just want them to make 80 so I make them look awesome and do shot with them. My ele was my 3rd 80 and I probably enjoy playing her the most and she looks kickass.

• Options
    I blew a ton of tradeskill mats on my ele thinking I was going to power him up, but I kinda already fell out of love with the class mechanics. Think I'll probably spend the rest of my warchest doing the same with my engineer, maybe to 35 or so, just so I can start some dungeons and start filling out hearts from there.

Automatic shared resource bank is just one of the great things ever things this game has going for it.

This discussion has been closed.