As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Life of [Raspberry] Pi

124»

• MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    You can get PCIe cards with multiple Ethernet ports. Then use something like Pfsense to create a nested switch. But I think it would require its own CPU.

PiHole may be able to handle all that now. The software has really come a long way. I'm waiting for someone to find a way to load Pihole on retail routers ala DD-WRT.

Zilla360
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Also yes. When I poked around last night, there were multiple Thingiverse files for nested Pi in a PC

Zilla360
  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to go with a POE hat and switch. It'll give me an easier way to expand and tinker and reduce the wiring inside the already small case.

Also I tend to fuck up a lot and occasionally have issues shutting down the pi using the included power switch, this will let me effectively unplug it and POE hats have cooling/fans, which seems like a good idea in an enclosure shared with other things that generate heat.

Zilla360