The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Is this going to work - power supply and hard drive, but no mobo ?

I'm away from home and need to get a big directory off of an internal sata drive, and someone "borrowed" my HDD docking cradle. I do have an eSATA-to-SATA cable though, and a desktop with a trashed motherboard. If I pull the power supply out of the desktop, and plug the drive into it, is it going to work if I plug it into the eSATA port on my laptop?

• proyebatproyebat Registered User regular
    It's "safer" to keep the power supply connected to the junk mobo and use the power button on the case to turn on the power. The alternative is to use a bent staple or tweezers to short out two specific pins on the wide 24-pin cable that runs to the junk mobo to trick the power supply, and that's not really safe.

455Bo4O.png