As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] JOE WEBB ERA ENDS

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    The NFL is going to give Belcher's daughter benefits, over $52k per year, until she is 23 if she's in college until then.

That's actually pretty awesome of them.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The NFL is going to give Belcher's daughter benefits, over $52k per year, until she is 23 if she's in college until then.

Between this, Andre Johnson's gift-buying spree, and Brady Quinn's fund, this week has proven that there are genuinely wonderful people in the NFL.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Now where's a Raider or Lion to fuck all the good feelings up?

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

You have a link with details? Hopefully it's a trust fund.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    Joe Webb is third string technically, right?

No, he's the back up.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    There third-stringer has the best name ever

McLeod Bethel-Thompson

YES!

• Options
    Christian Ponder just got engaged with Samantha Steele, after one month of dating.

• Options
    Butters wrote: »

There's a video on NFL.com

SBNation gave the full details: According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, as part of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, Zoey's guardian or her estate will receive $9,000 per month over the next four years, which amounts to $109,000 per year. In the fifth year, she'll receive $48,000. From then on, she'll be given $52,000 per year each year until she turns 18 or 23, depending on whether or not she goes to college.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Christian Ponder just got engaged with Samantha Steele, after one month of dating.

attendees will be shocked when the bride is intercepted halfway to the altar

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    One month after it was confirmed, they started dating earlier this year, per USA today via a very quick and easy Google search: http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/04/samantha-steele-christian-ponder-engaged/1746139/

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Xehalus wrote: »
    yeah, Tebow should accept that Jacksonville is the only team that will let him start

obviously the Jets just wanted him for jersey sales

this may be a joke post, but

Tebow trade window of "pick your team, Tim." was a legit top 5 moment of horror in my life

Please go away, Tim Tebow to Jacksonville pundits. Nobody likes you here. He legit got booed off the field in the first game he played here with the Broncos. When Alualu stuffed him on a run play late in the game, the damn stadium erupted.

Vladimer on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular

You can't play for us, and you can't play for anybody else!! *hobbles edwards*

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Now where's a Raider or Lion to fuck all the good feelings up?

This weekend Suh will kick Santa Clause in the nuts and James Harrison will intentionally go helmet to helmet on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer causing a concussion that sidelines him for the rest of the holiday season.

• Options
    BUT THEN SANTA WILL GET LOST IN THE FOG!

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    BUT THEN SANTA WILL GET LOST IN THE FOG!

Meaning it's easier for Ben Roethlisberger to rape him.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I assume people saw that The Sanchize has been named the starter?

• Options
    The Daily News has learned that owner Woody Johnson prefers Greg McElroy to start this week. General manager Mike Tannenbaum and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano prefer Mark Sanchez, who was benched for the first time in his career last week and watched as McElroy rallied the Jets to a win over the Cardinals.

I don't even care about the Jets, but there is no way that Rex has a job in NY in the 2014 offseason, which is when Mark is a free agent, and if there's any justice, Rex is gone this offseason. I have never seen a bad QB get as much second chances as Mark has with Rex.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Some dude on ESPN radio thinks Rex is doing everything in his power to keep Tebow sidelined, so he doesn't have to deal with that guy's fanbase. So if Tebow is OK to play, he will start Sanchez, bench him, and then put QB #3 in ahead of Tebow. Which is a sort of silly theory, but people go bonkers in both directions with Tebow.

Sure is a good investment for the Jets to pay 1.1 million dollars to have a guy sit on their bench.

I actually feel bad for Tebow. For fuck's sake let the poor dude be traded to Jacksonville where a) he can be happy and b) we can never hear about him again

The trouble is the owner and (perhaps) the GM wanted him, but Rex did not.

Well right now your owner wants McElroy so...nobody wants him?
    I bet Rex goes back to Sanchez.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular

SBNation gave the full details: According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, as part of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement, Zoey's guardian or her estate will receive $9,000 per month over the next four years, which amounts to $109,000 per year. In the fifth year, she'll receive $48,000. From then on, she'll be given $52,000 per year each year until she turns 18 or 23, depending on whether or not she goes to college.

I'm gonna be that guy:

Doesn't that seem a tad excessive? Like, to the point of "this will probably end poorly when there's a dispute about who her proper guardian should be?"

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    My guess, is that her guardian is going to shit the money down the drain and Zoey isn't going to benefit much.

Unless there's something in there that keeps that from happening.

I don't know how these things work.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Still think Rex is a good coach stuck with a bad situation. Tebow certainly isn't the answer, and you can follow the logic of picking Sanchez, who has experience, vs McElroy, who doesn't. Plus this is the stretch of the season where the Jets are facing bad defenses and Sanchez tends to inflate his season numbers in those games.

All that said, Sanchez should be cut in the offseason and not be starting now. But I can at least see why they are doing it.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Sanchez is the perfect example of what happens to your franchise when you draft a first round QB that ends up being a bust.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I would have went with McElroy

Sanchez is shook and needs some bench time

Xehalus on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Maybe they're hoping Sanchez plays halfway decent in the last four games so they can trade him for more than a bean burrito.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    waiting for an opposing stadium to start a "Butt Fumble" chant

Xehalus on
  • Options
    For anybody who still thinks Rex isn't an idiot, he genuinely believes Mark Sanchez, a guy who actually has 44 turnovers in his last 28 games, should be a starting QB over literally anybody else.

Here's another fun Mark Sanchez shit stat: since 1980, there have been 4 quarterbacks in NFL history, selected with a top-five draft pick, who have played four seasons without a passer rating above 80. The 4 QBs? Rick Mirer, Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, and Mark Sanchez.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Why not stick with Sanchez? The Jets are so far from respectability right now, they may as well play out a string of laughers and sell hope next year behind someone else.

• Options
    Why not stick with Sanchez? The Jets are so far from respectability right now, they may as well play out a string of laughers and sell hope next year behind someone else.

If Rex still has a job in NY next year, Mark will too. And if that's the case, Mark will still be starting. Hope for the Jets means losing at least one of them, if not both, in the offseason.

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular

is this Butt-Fum-ble
    or Buuuuuutttttttttt Fummmmmmmble in the manner of Daryl Strawberry heckling.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

I'm gonna be that guy:

Doesn't that seem a tad excessive? Like, to the point of "this will probably end poorly when there's a dispute about who her proper guardian should be?"

Which is why I was hoping it would be a trust with limitations on how much can be spent by any guardian

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    the majority of the crowd go with the first rendition as it's easier to maintain

as scattered solo hecklers with pipes drop the second one between beer chugs

• Options
    Let it be forever known that on this day, December 5, the weekly awards were revealed, and Brady Quinn was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for week 13 of the 2012-13 NFL season.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Brady Quinn: 200 yard juggernaut.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Chad Johnson went on First Take today, presumably to do a little debating, and was ambushed with personal questions (can you still play, and then the panelists cut him off during the answer and said they don't think he could, and personal stuff

If Rex still has a job in NY next year, Mark will too. And if that's the case, Mark will still be starting. Hope for the Jets means losing at least one of them, if not both, in the offseason.

I don't think Mark is guaranteed anything. He's only starting now because they believe he's the best QB on the roster right, regardless of how bad he's been, and I'm guessing they're hoping the benching lit a fire under his ass.

Goose! on
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular

Challenge accepted

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    isn't sanchez guaranteed like 8 million or something next year? He'll probably be starting there for at least one more year no matter what

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I can't imagine that 8 million is guaranteed.

A portion of it is, but there's no way the Jets front office is that stupid.

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    So some dude was butthurt about missing the playoffs in Fantasy and dropped his entire roster. The Commish posted about how no one should pick up that guy's former players. Most of us have abided by that request, but some have picked up some dudes.

Suuuuuuuper lame! Isn't there a way (NFL.com league) for the Commish to put those players back on the guy's team, or otherwise prevent people from picking them up? It's shitty that someone who was around to pick up the castoffs right after they were released (and a couple guys who just ignored the request from the Commish) get to benefit while others of us have "played fair" here.

:(

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    someone did that in a yearly hockey money league that i was in. only one person picked up the players, he came in second but the commish refused to pay him the second place prize and gave it to the third place winner instead.

he pitched a fit but it was a 10v1 argument and fuck him.

This discussion has been closed.