As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: Are you Mando[Phalla]? (Mini) VILLAGE/JEDI VICTORY

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    AS LONG AS YOU AREN'T COMMITTED TO OVERSPLITTING GROUPS BETWEEN DESTINATIONS, SURE.

THERE ARE CERTAIN STRATEGIC TARGETS WE CAN'T AFFORD TO FUCKING BEAT AROUND THE BUSH ON.

I'm not committed to over-managing anything, no. I just want to make sure that we start to create a record early, rather than waking up on day three and realizing that we have no idea what the hell's going on.

EDIT: I'm also not demanding control of the project. Just suggesting that there should be one.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    YOU MAY LIVE. YOU HAVE HAD A NOT FUCKING AWFUL IDEA.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    If you guys are finished nibbling on each others' earlobes perhaps we can talk business.

We should be doing what we can to mitigate Sith influence, while giving them as little opportunity to respond as possible. I propose splitting the player base into cells of three to four people (via a public roll on an RNG site to avoid shenanigans) who'll travel together and announce their destinations in the thread (ideally between close and narration).

We then have a way (an imperfect way, but still) to begin to track influence spikes and valleys.

Thoughts?

AS LONG AS YOU AREN'T COMMITTED TO OVERSPLITTING GROUPS BETWEEN DESTINATIONS, SURE.

THERE ARE CERTAIN STRATEGIC TARGETS WE CAN'T AFFORD TO FUCKING BEAT AROUND THE BUSH ON.
    I may be misunderstanding Grimmy’s proposal, but it doesn’t sound like there would be a “dispatcher” assigning destinations or anything; each group would go wherever they felt was appropriate. So groups could coordinate with each other to take particular objectives, which would help avoid over-splitting.

Unless I’ve got it all wrong, in which case ignore me.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Even if someone kept a public spreadsheet to track where everyone claims to be, it would be a good start.

• Options
    SPREADSHEETING SOUNDS SUSPICIOUSLY LIKE EFFORT.

I HEREBY DELEGATE THIS TO JDARKSUN.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    grimmy

you best be giving credit where its due for this idea.

• Options
    ALSO I FEEL LIKE !MikeyCTS IS ABOUT DUE FOR A GOOD DAY ONEING.

I'LL GET THE CALIPERS.

• Options
    Seconded.

Would anyone have any objection to me RNGing up the groups? I'll do it in an utterly transparent fashion.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Seconded.

Would anyone have any objection to me RNGing up the groups? I'll do it in an utterly transparent fashion.

As long as you put me in a group with @TheRoadVirus

<3

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Seconded.

Well, I mean, you could, but I've already analyzed the player list and made the ideal assignments.

planetary assignment spreadsheet

• Options
    edited December 2012
    If you guys are finished nibbling on each others' earlobes perhaps we can talk business.

We should be doing what we can to mitigate Sith influence, while giving them as little opportunity to respond as possible. I propose splitting the player base into cells of three to four people (via a public roll on an RNG site to avoid shenanigans) who'll travel together and announce their destinations in the thread (ideally between close and narration).

We then have a way (an imperfect way, but still) to begin to track influence spikes and valleys.

Thoughts?

I may be misunderstanding Grimmy’s proposal, but it doesn’t sound like there would be a “dispatcher” assigning destinations or anything; each group would go wherever they felt was appropriate. So groups could coordinate with each other to take particular objectives, which would help avoid over-splitting.

Groups should absolutely not share their destination with other groups before vote close. This is to keep as much info from the mafia as possible. Because I guarantee they can counter us.

Also, someone from each group should report where that group went. This should be done after vote close but before narration.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    grimmy

As Obi mentions, most (all? probably) of the good ideas in this plan are his. I didn't want to get him murdered by mentioning him in the thread, so I took that upon myself.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Thoughts?

Groups should absolutely not share their destination with other groups before vote close. This is to keep as much info from the mafia as possible. Because I guarantee they can counter us.

Also, someone from each group should report where that group went. This should be done after vote close but before narration.

Won't the mafia already probably know most of that information anyways?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Seconded.

As long as it's transparent, that works for me.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Ok yes, that makes sense.
    grimmy

As Obi mentions, most (all? probably) of the good ideas in this plan are his. I didn't want to get him murdered by mentioning him in the thread, so I took that upon myself.
    Obi is actually laying a trap for the Sith.

If they strike him down, he will become more powerful than they could possibly imagine.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

Thoughts?

The idea is that there will probably be a couple groups with no mafia. Those groups are vitally important to establishing a solid village base and doing things in secret so the mafia don't know everything and can't perfectly counter the whole village.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

Thoughts?

Groups should absolutely not share their destination with other groups.

Any hidden mafia members will surely relay their destination to the rest of the mafia. They may even try to convince their groups all to go to the same place, which might be bad because they probably have something that affects the entire planet (otherwise we could just all dogpile on the planets one by one, so something is probably in the design to prevent that strategy). So we should consider this when we design our plan.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

Thoughts?

Average mafia distribution = 1/5 (20%). 30 * .2 = 6
    Group size 3 yields 10 groups, infiltration <= 60%
    Group size 4 yields 8 groups (4p x6, 3p x2), infiltration <= 75%

Yes. But most importantly, we gravely restrict their ability to hide.

• Options
    Fuck lightsabers. We're gonna win this shit with math.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    so this is what it feels like to be on this side (not the host) of a game like this.

neat.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Seconded.

As long as you put me in a group with @TheRoadVirus

<3

Oh-you-83219197145.jpeg

• Options
    edited December 2012
    I RECOMMEND ONLY ONE CELL TRAVEL TO DXUN TONIGHT. THE MAFIA LIKELY WANT IT BAD, SITH CONNECTIONS AND ALL

ONE CELL IS ENOUGH TO COUNTERBALANCE THEIR INFLUENCE (HOPEFULLY) IF THEY DO TRY TO GET THERE, AND ONLY A SINGLE CELL MAKES IT EASIER TO PARSE WHO'S THERE THAT SHOULDN'T FUCKING WELL BE THERE.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    Is the player list in the second post accurate? Typhus, Malkor, and Assuran don't appear on it, despite having made signup posts.

• Options
    My post on the second page should be accurate

Steam
  • Options
    Conversely, if our enemies want something, we should attempt to deny them it.

And any overt suggestions for courses of action, such as that, invites preparation against it.

Letting the individual groups decide with no interference would provide more insight into the enemy's thought process.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "NO INTERFERENCE". THEY'RE GOING TO DECIDE ANYWAY WHAT THEY PLEASE ANYWAY.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    I'm still a little worried about the mafia's influence on the location decision making process this early in the game.

Steam
  • Options
    My post on the second page should be accurate

I agree, but the confusion involved if I had to do this twice...

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I'm still a little worried about the mafia's influence on the location decision making process this early in the game.
    Us, influencing important decisions in our favour? Perish the thought!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    give us a link to the place you will be doing the rolling. let that sit in the thread for a bit so people can verify it was fresh.

then do the rng.

alternative is that you die tonight to confirm you aren't mafia and there weren't shenanigans with the setup.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS "NO INTERFERENCE". THEY'RE GOING TO DECIDE ANYWAY WHAT THEY PLEASE ANYWAY.
    You're hugely influential, both in personal charisma and through sheer force of caps. Saying "I recommend only one cell travel to Dxun tonight" is going to have an impact in the decision making process of players; they're going to shy away from there.
    Good. We want them to push an agenda as a group, because it will make the individual members apparent when compared against the greater noise.

• Options
    give us a link to the place you will be doing the rolling. let that sit in the thread for a bit so people can verify it was fresh.

then do the rng.

alternative is that you die tonight to confirm you aren't mafia and there weren't shenanigans with the setup.
    He could just use his already established Orokos account.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    You're hugely influential, both in personal charisma and through sheer force of caps. Saying "I recommend only one cell travel to Dxun tonight" is going to have an impact in the decision making process of players; they're going to shy away from there.
    Good. We want them to push an agenda as a group, because it will make the individual members apparent when compared against the greater noise.

Ok, i guess. I'm just worried about some kind of location based effect that is really bad for the village, and the mafia determining who is on that planet when they set it off. Everyone should pay close attention to their in group conversation to see who is driving the decisions.

Steam
  • Options

then do the rng.

I'll use random.org I guess. I'll punch the names into the form there and then just start counting by threes.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

That may be true, but your particular kind of statement requires a lot of communication between groups to actually happen. It's easy enough to suggest, broadly, that NOBODY go to a certain place, or A LOT of people, and maintain some level of anonymity and individual decision-making. But trying to specify that exactly 1 group go somewhere would require someone to know who's going where, and that kind of information is very dangerous.

• Options

then do the rng.

Or that. Can orokos do list randoming?

• Options

then do the rng.

Nope, but Random.org's list randomization feature is non-persistent. Roll 30d30, cross 'em off the list as they come up, then roll Xd30 where X is the number of leftovers.

It's a pain in the ass, but it's traceable.

• Options
    edited December 2012

then do the rng.

the benefit to orokos is that once you do it, its stays recorded.

just roll 3dx where x = number of remaining players. the three numbers rolled are the players on the list. duplicates trickle down the list. use the signup list.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    grimmy

Clearly you are referring to Master Benubi, whose brilliance was overlooked by his peers.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686