As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: Are you Mando[Phalla]? (Mini) VILLAGE/JEDI VICTORY

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    ALSO I FEEL LIKE !MikeyCTS IS ABOUT DUE FOR A GOOD DAY ONEING.

I'LL GET THE CALIPERS.
    YOU!

Should I go down tonight, there will be a reckoning, Fairyn.

For whoever is keeping score of CP: I can't access Google docs from work. I'll check it when I get home.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    You lesser beings love to complicate things.
    Do this the easy way.
    Those of the mafia, please speak to this one.
    The voices will not cease until you do
    We wish to ensure proper sorting.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Alright. As I can't think of a single reason why Matev would exclude Assuran, Typhus733, and Malkor from the game, I'll say that they're numbers 28, 29, and 30 on the player list, in that order.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I think they were initially excluded because they hadn't chosen a name yet.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    He was only listing them as he received PMed names.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Alright then, here we go. I'm using Obi's method because it seems more along the way my brain works.

• Options
    Wait. 3dx would create biased results. Just do 30d30.

Steam
  • Options
    Unless you compress the list i guess

Steam
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    If there are 30 people and you want fair distribution into five groups, just do
    ABCDEABCDEABCDEABCDEABCDE

• Options
    yeah, every roll would be on a new compressed list with people removed from the previous list.

either way, his rolls are gonna be recorded.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I think the idea is to have more groups than there are (likely to be) mafia, in order to ensure that at least a couple of groups have no mafia in them.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    I think the idea is to have more groups than there are (likely to be) mafia, in order to ensure that at least a couple of groups have no mafia in them.
    Then we add more letters. No need to spend all the time with dice rolls when you can distribute people evenly to all groups. If we don't know what anyone is, this will give just as much of an idea as to good/evil distribution as randomizing will

• Options
    Then we add more letters. No need to spend all the time with dice rolls when you can distribute people evenly to all groups. If we don't know what anyone is, this will give just as much of an idea as to good/evil distribution as randomizing will

How are we to know you aren't mafia and you know that going down the list isn't the most optimal way to get mafia in as many groups as possible?

rng is the safest way and prevents mafia tampering.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    you have 30 candies on the floor. all the same size, only the color is different.
    If i have you blindfolded
    You can't run
    And ask you to divide them evenly into x groups, logically you will go a b c d e f g....x and then start over until you run out of candies. Why is this different when assigning people to a group?

This is the LEAST tamperable way. Everyone knows what group they are in by going down the player list. There are no rolls which can be fudged, and there are no counts which can be manipulated.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Since everyone already went through the RNG to get their roles, the only real difference is teh sequence is known before we make a decision. If it so happens that the sequence is favorable for the mafia, then can just argue with moving down the list. With doing another RNG, we remove all bias from the discussion completely.

Steam
  • Options
    You humans love your complications.
    Do as you wish.
    I will save my energy for when it is needed.
    Burrowing through a skull is tiresome work

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Group 1:
    5 Anialos
    9 MikeyCTS
    18 Kilnaga

Group 2:
    5 (trickles to 6) Invictus
    28 Assuran
    28 (trickles to 29) Typhus 733

Group 3:
    7 GrimmyTOA
    30 Malkor
    16 Zombie Hero

Group 4:
    2 Void Slayer
    23 Gandalf the Crazed
    17 ObiFett

Group 5:
    23 (trickles to 24) Premium
    13 SeGaTai
    24 (trickles to 25) Mill

Group 6:
    11 jdarksun
    17 (trickles to 19) Dumpshock
    2 (trickles to 3) The Anonymous

Group 7:
    9 (trickles to 10) Fiaryn
    18 (trickles to 20) Baidol
    15 TRV

Group 8:
    5 (trickles to 8) OminousLozenge
    19 (trickles to 21) Smoove Operator
    6 (trickles to 12) kime

Group 9
    30 (trickles to 1) Alegis
    29 (trickles to 4) Iron Weasel
    2 (trickles to 14) Enlightenedbum

Group 10 is therefore:
    22 Cythraul
    26 Macallan
    27 CesareB

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Well done, Grimmy.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Our group only has two people in it. We require another host member

• Options
    What happend in Group 7?

Steam
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Oh good, my group is all mafia. That'll make things easy to remember.

Also, who's missing from 7?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    All Hail group 5

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    I'M NOT EVEN IN THE FUCKING LIST

THIS IS DISCRIMINATION. I'LL BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I will bravely lead Group 9 to Dxun, if only because then I don't have to send another PM, having sent a provisional PM to go there already.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Our group only has two people in it. We require another host member

WHOOPS. HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN FIARYN? He's at position 10, so at least it's just an omission rather than a fuckup. Edited in.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Group Gr8.

Reckanize.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    I will bravely lead Group 9 to Dxun, if only because then I don't have to send another PM, having sent a provisional PM to go there already.

This is how not to organize a group. the whole point is to keep this info in a pm thread until after vote close. don't tell anyone but your group.

need to start keeping a record and hiding as much info from the mafia as possible while also being organized.

• Options
    But I wanna go to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    I will go anywhere that people sleep calmly and leave their ears uncovered
    The eardrum is the sweetest treat.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Uh, so I'm checking in now that I've got a minute to catch up on what's happening.

I don't have much to add, since 1) I have never played PbP Mafia before, and am used to live Mafia and therefore 2) I don't have any experience with the spreadsheeting and high-level coordination that seems to be happening now (though I approve!) and 3) my live Mafia experience in reading people and figuring out who is who is only barely applicable to this new context, so I don't really have any information on which to make a vote.

The only information I have so far is that this work to get coordinated re: who goes where is well-done, and tends to exonerate Grimmy. I don't know how much information anyone else's response to it adds, since it should be on-face obvious that this is a good idea, and everyone should be jumping on that bandwagon.

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Woo, go group 4 with obi and gandalf we can't fail.

I would suggest not coordinating tonight movements with other teams, just say where you went afterwards.

Also I thought I had a grudge against Smoove Operator. Or he really helped me, can't remember which.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    Uh, so I'm checking in now that I've got a minute to catch up on what's happening.

I don't have much to add, since 1) I have never played PbP Mafia before, and am used to live Mafia and therefore 2) I don't have any experience with the spreadsheeting and high-level coordination that seems to be happening now (though I approve!) and 3) my live Mafia experience in reading people and figuring out who is who is only barely applicable to this new context, so I don't really have any information on which to make a vote.

The only information I have so far is that this work to get coordinated re: who goes where is well-done, and tends to exonerate Grimmy. I don't know how much information anyone else's response to it adds, since it should be on-face obvious that this is a good idea, and everyone should be jumping on that bandwagon.

Usually very little knowledge is gained ON day one. After the day ends, much will be revealed. Oh yes, very much. You will see.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    A suggestion to all the groups: Assume that there are mafia in your group. Try to minimize the amount of time they have to coordinate using any information within the group.

For example, if it's possible, try to choose your destination by RNG late in the day. Or nominate one person each day to choose the destination, and have them share it with you in the last hour before vote close.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    A suggestion to all the groups: Assume that there are mafia in your group. Try to minimize the amount of time they have to coordinate using any information within the group.

For example, if it's possible, try to choose your destination by RNG late in the day. Or nominate one person each day to choose the destination, and have them share it with you in the last hour before vote close.

While this would be great, it's also assuming everyone is online from 11-12 at night to coordinate things in a Phalla. This is not feasible, especially, say, if you have a European in your group.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

While this would be great, it's also assuming everyone is online from 11-12 at night to coordinate things in a Phalla. This is not feasible, especially, say, if you have a European in your group.

Yeah, this sounds like a great way to get someone to put in the wrong orders, or miss putting in a move order entirely.

premium on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    QUOTING IS HARD

IT'S HARD AND NOBODY UNDERSTANDS

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular

This is why I said "if it's possible."

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    I have no idea why the quotes got all messed up in my last post.

• Options
    Like I hit the quote button but it just didn't put the tags in for some reason.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular

The point is to get good records. We risk shooting ourselves in the foot if half the people end up accidentally lying about their destination because they don't happen to change their orders in time. Let's focus for now on keeping a firewall between the groups instead of within them.