Options

The 4th (Almost) Annual Phalla Awards! - Congratulations to all our winners!

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    I MISSED BREATH OF PHALLA 3? FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I seem to recall obifett having a strong first game, but for the life of me I can't remember which it was.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Farangu wrote: »
    I seem to recall obifett having a strong first game, but for the life of me I can't remember which it was.

My first game was MrT Metastasis game (which I think has subsequently influenced all of my design decisions in phallas I run)

That game was fun! I played the "I'm new, I don't know what I am doing!" card the whole game. Also I was mafia and one of the last ones standing and won. I think it was either Egos or you (It was Assuran, I just looked it up) that I lied to the whole game and had you trusting me that I was village, because I was so new and there was no way I knew what I was doing.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

My first game was MrT Metastasis game (which I think has subsequently influenced all of my design decisions in phallas I run)

That game was fun! I played the "I'm new, I don't know what I am doing!" card the whole game. Also I was mafia and one of the last ones standing and won. I think it was either Egos or you (It was Assuran, I just looked it up) that I lied to the whole game and had you trusting me that I was village, because I was so new and there was no way I knew what I was doing.

Obi for pulling off the "I'm new lol" excuse to great effect. AND NOW NOBODY GETS TO DO IT ANYMORE THANKS A LOT JERK

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    That's the card I played in Assuran's Star Wars phalla but then was promptly headshotted by a certain SK...

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Yep.

Obifett

Farangu on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Okay, I've only just now found out/realized that Obbi and Obi are not the same person...

I have to back Cesareb for Phallandia and KetBra for reveal-blocking me as Hekatomb

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Bedlam

He has made this forum more fun for me since his ship-crash decision.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I realize that it's been a year since we had Phallawards, but I think it's a little late in the day to be calling Langly the rookie of the year.

Anyway, so you all know that I wind up playing as mafia pretty frequently. Like, WAY more than I should, statistically speaking. So it ought to mean something coming from me that in his very first game on our mafia proboards, I found myself using most of my posts just to say "Yeah, what CesareB said."

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Oh, and I'm with INANTP - Munkus Beaver's work as "Murderbot" was the single best thing about a damn good Phallakinetic game.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I second the nomination of Munkus for his murderbotting

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    CesareB for his excellent play as mafia and player analysis in Kilnaga's Phallandia: The Village of Dustin.

Which was his first game.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Dang that's a big timeframe to be pulling games from.

It's going to make some of these categories absolute slugfests.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    As a note, I didn't see Delmain - [PHALLA] Avatar: The Last Phallbender listed in Spoit's list either.

• Options

That's the goal! There should be more than three dead folks by the end of this funeral :D

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

asplannedrd3.jpg

• Options
    MORE LIKE SLOWBEROVERLATE

• Options
    edited December 2012

Depends on how long the majority of people voting have been around.

Using Spoit's initial lists I've played in 32% of the mains (17/52) and 34% of the minis (29/83). That is a pretty small percentage of the games and I feel like I've been around for a while.

Looking that up made me realize my first main was Breath of Phalla III where I learned to properly respect @Kime and we won a cult victory. Hi5 Kime! That is still one of my favorite games.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

I am so, so sorry.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

Using Spoit's initial lists I've played in 32% of the mains (17/52) and 34% of the minis (29/83). That is a pretty small percentage of the games and I feel like I've been around for a while.

Looking that up made me realize my first main was Breath of Phalla III where I learned to properly respect @Kime and we won a cult victory. Hi5 Kime! That is still one of my favorite games.

That's one of the reasons I wanted to do the phalla awards. I've been around an even shorter amount of time and know that there's a bunch of good stuff out there.

So I figured I'd go crowdsource my phalla search ;)

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »

I am so, so sorry.

Better you than me. I'm a meme for bad decisions.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

That was a good game. As a cult, we became the network head of the village by twisting a clarification so that it "proved" we were village-aligned, tee hee. Good times :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

I am so, so sorry.

Seriously don't be. It was really innovative in what it was trying to do and I love how it gave everyone a power-like choice to make each day. PLUS, the lack of real player elimination was great, imo. I am working on a game now that is sort of similar.

• Options
    edited December 2012

I think that was my second or third, so you and I started right around the same time?

I am so, so sorry.

Better you than me. I'm a meme for bad decisions.

You helped me with my design issues! With good decisions! So nyeh

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    As a note, I didn't see Delmain - [PHALLA] Avatar: The Last Phallbender listed in Spoit's list either.
    That's because the award period starts on aug 2010, and that's may

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular

I've played in even less games because I took a super hiatus. I sadly don't qualify for things like the rookie award, because my first game was Rygar's Space Phalla back in... April '07? ;>_>

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    You're old Kilnaga

:P

Steam profile
  • Options
    You should all also include what your first game was, and when it was. There may be prizes!

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    You're old Kilnaga

:(

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options

I think that was my second or third, so you and I started right around the same time?

huh

I always thought you started after me. Like in my mind you didn't show up until after Phallance.

Were you just quieter back then?

• Options
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    You're old Kilnaga

Well no I mean, for some reason I thought you started a couple years after me, and that is clearly not the case

Steam profile
  • Options

huh

I always thought you started after me. Like in my mind you didn't show up until after Phallance.

Were you just quieter back then?

I was more clueless back then, so I didn't talk all the time.
    I remember the game you were like "I'm new!"
    And the whole time I was thinking "Bullshit! I got in trouble for leaning on that, and they're ok with him doing it!"
    And made this face :|
    And then kept playing forever

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    I don't remember what my first game was called, which is weird considering how much else I remember about it.
    -It was themed around some sort of anime/high school setting.
    -There were school clubs, the powers were shared among the clubs, anyone from the club could send in an order -- latest order took effect.
    -Obbi was the vig, but forgot to make his call until after the narration. He had an avatar of a guy with a fish.
    -I was in a club with kime and somebody else, we could make post restrictions each day and kill 1 person who didn't comply. Our first rule was that each post had to be written backwards...this got retconned by the host very quickly out of fears it would violate the "no code-posting" edict.
    -Orange Soda was in the "Animal Lovers Club", they were bus drivers, he had a Helo avatar from BSG.
    -I was mafia. I was also extremely awful and obvious, and got vigged on night 3 or something.

My second game was the Care Bears mini. I was No-Heart or whoever the fuck was the leader of the mafia.

It went about as well as you'd expect.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Let's see. I played in 65% of the mains listed, and 54% of the minis. Out of the 135 games, I hosted one.

My first game predated Wangshire, which apparently never finished. Of the games listed, I think the earliest completed game was Pokeshire? Dunno, that was like six years ago. Geeze.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    On the plus side, your book of grudges is fully fleshed out. That shit takes time.

• Options
    You're old Kilnaga

Well no I mean, for some reason I thought you started a couple years after me, and that is clearly not the case

Yeah, I started a long while back. I just took a huge chunk off time off because of school/crippling clinical depression. ;>_>
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Let's see. I played in 65% of the mains listed, and 54% of the minis. Out of the 135 games, I hosted one.

My first game predated Wangshire, which apparently never finished. Of the games listed, I think the earliest completed game was Pokeshire? Dunno, that was like six years ago. Geeze.

This dinosaur has been around even longer. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Oh, and I'm with INANTP - Munkus Beaver's work as "Murderbot" was the single best thing about a damn good Phallakinetic game.

Damn right, Munkus Beaver

MURDERBOT IS NOT LITERATE will never ever stop being funny to me

• Options
    You're old Kilnaga

Yeah, I started a long while back. I just took a huge chunk off time off because of school/crippling clinical depression. ;>_>

I, personally, am glad you are back! You are fun people.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    This dinosaur has been around even longer. :P
    What was the first game you played in?

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Ahh Phallanoia, more games should allow every single player to publicly vig each other.