Options

The 4th (Almost) Annual Phalla Awards! - Congratulations to all our winners!

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    My first game predated Wangshire, which apparently never finished. Of the games listed, I think the earliest completed game was Pokeshire? Dunno, that was like six years ago. Geeze.
    This dinosaur has been around even longer. :P
    What was the first game you played in?

As I said, Rygar's Space Phalla. Then it was a Cj VTM game. Then it was Phallanoia. Phallanoia was also the first game I was ever mafia.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    first game was robothero's newbie mini, january of 2008.

and then most of them since all the way up until i guess this year, when i started getting a bit burnt out.

i think my first main was either the D&D Transformers travesty, or a WWI game with maps and things that I totally did not understand at all. Or, possibly Romance of the 3 Kingdoms. Where I learned the valuable lesson, "@Infidel is always trying to kill you".

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    That was a great run as SK, that game.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I feel like, after starting with a sportzphalla, I was properly introduced to the sheer insanity of some of these games. Wish I was active more back in the day. I've been on the forums off and on since '03

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    That was a great run as SK, that game.

while I do hate you, my everlasting burning vengeful hatred still goes to Toxic Toys.

so you're still an ok brother. <3

• Options
    I really need to finish my main up, want to run one soon.

But god damn, why did I have to make such a tricky system to balance and validate? :rotate:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I feel like, after starting with a sportzphalla, I was properly introduced to the sheer insanity of some of these games. Wish I was active more back in the day. I've been on the forums off and on since '03

That explains...quite a bit

Just kimebalance the rest infi, I'm sure no one will notice :rotate:

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

This requires explination!

• Options

Without SPOILERS the balance of the particular mechanics I am working on are key to the whole game being pulled off fairly.

But it should be pretty awesome and fun for all, so long as I get something respectably close I will be happy.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular

Without SPOILERS the balance of the particular mechanics I am working on are key to the whole game being pulled off fairly.

But it should be pretty awesome and fun for all, so long as I get something respectably close I will be happy.

Awesome and fun for all are the most important parts. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Oh wait, I misattributed the post by obi about how everyone should have a power to you, when you posted right after him

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just noticed I can't spell. Great.
    Also, I agree with the CesareB nomination because he did a great job that first phalla.
    Also Saber did awesome with analysis and such in his first phalla too.

@SaberOverEasy, @CesareB I am too lazy to link those phallas. You do it

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think I've played 30 mains, some amount of minis and hosted 3 times. My first game was the asylum.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I think I've played 30 mains, some amount of minis and hosted 3 times. My first game was the asylum.

Was that the one where everyone was in a group of masoned insane seers?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Oh, and I'm with INANTP - Munkus Beaver's work as "Murderbot" was the single best thing about a damn good Phallakinetic game.

Damn right, Munkus Beaver

MURDERBOT IS NOT LITERATE will never ever stop being funny to me

Hahahahaha yeah, you sold me

Munkus Beaver

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Was that the one where everyone was in a group of masoned insane seers?

That would be the one. I think the host taunted the thread for not figuring it out also.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    2j4vj4h.gif

I'll second B:L 's Garen reveal.

Also are people vote/nominating? Is that why we are seeing 3+ nominations ? Are people trying to kill two birds with one stone?

Egos on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's a phalla, no one read the OP

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012

The awards will follow last year's model. Nominations will occur one day. Any nomination which is seconded will be available for VOTE THE NEXT DAY. Please provide a link (if applicable or available) to give people a more informed choice.

:whistle:

Egos on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    My first game was LaOS' Gods and Mortals in D&D. I was killed day 2, revived by Elki the zombie master, granted three kills, targeted one at Elki himself (who I was not told was the zombie master) and two mafia members. Also in that game: Thetheroo making a strong play for the most veteran play by a newbie award for that year. He might have won it, actually.

I've played in like 12 games in this time period so I'll be pretty quiet here.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    2j4vj4h.gif

I'll second B:L 's Garen reveal.

If edits matter for some reason.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Oh wait, I misattributed the post by obi about how everyone should have a power to you, when you posted right after him

yeah yeah

You dislike my games

I get it

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    spoit bringing up game balance he doesn't like out of nowhere without being asked

perish the thought

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Even award balance angers the Spoit! :)

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

yeah yeah

You dislike my games

I get it

Don't feel too bad. I don't think Spoit has played in one of my games since my first (admittedly disastrous) main over a year ago.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Off to go look up MrT's first main!

edit: Was it Seven Phalla Sins?

edit2: After a quick read through that game sounded like it had promise. Too bad the balance was off. Some awesome ideas though!

ObiFett on
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    As a note, I didn't see Delmain - [PHALLA] Avatar: The Last Phallbender listed in Spoit's list either.
    That's because the award period starts on aug 2010, and that's may

Huh. Go figure. Man, I didn't realize I'd been playing for that long.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    Oh hell yes. Time cube, competing hosts, and The Phalla Where Alegis Got Ringo Killed By Darian are in this round

Ah yes, that was the phalla where I got Ringo killed by Darian, right?

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    Oh hell yes. Time cube, competing hosts, and The Phalla Where Alegis Got Ringo Killed By Darian are in this round

Ah yes, that was the phalla where I got Ringo killed by Darian, right?

Even though the vilage was victorious!

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Man, Obi, you think your games are weirdly balanced.

Ask @kime about my "DON'T BLINK" Phalla.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I'm actually pretty happy about the balance of 2/3 of my games. Its just that everyone has powers, seering is usually a team effort, and the mafia need to be active in order to stay alive that makes them kinda crazy.

Specifically, its the everyone gets a power thing that Spoit doesn't like. But whatevs, can't please em all.

I'm off to go look up the Don't Blink phalla! If its not about the Weeping Angels in Dr Who I will be sorely dissappointed.

ObiFett on
  • Options

yeah yeah

You dislike my games

I get it

HE WON'T LEAVE YOU ALONE UNTIL YOU CHANGE!!!

evilspoit.jpg

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012

I'm actually pretty happy about the balance of 2/3 of my games. Its just that everyone has powers, seering is usually a team effort, and the mafia need to be active in order to stay alive. Its the everyone gets a power thing that Spoit doesn't like. But whatevs, can't please em all.

Yeah, in the BLINK game, everybody got a power.

The same (EDIT: RNG-dependent) power. With the exception of two masons, who also had that power.

Mafia each got a kill, individually...but weren't masoned.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Just throw some random numbers in there and run it.

Trust me, it'll work out perfectly.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Just throw some random numbers in there and run it.

Trust me, it'll work out perfectly.

Homing vlads.

• Options
    Burnage will be the main villain in my phalla.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options

Does that make me the protagonist, or the damsel in distress?

• Options

It makes you the mad king.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options

You are the morally gray character that goes down and plays chess with the villain .

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

I imagine that's the twist ending.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957