Options

The 4th (Almost) Annual Phalla Awards! - Congratulations to all our winners!

1246732

Posts

  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Man, Obi, you think your games are weirdly balanced.

    Ask @kime about my "DON'T BLINK" Phalla.

    I'm actually pretty happy about the balance of 2/3 of my games. Its just that everyone has powers, seering is usually a team effort, and the mafia need to be active in order to stay alive that makes them kinda crazy.

    Specifically, its the everyone gets a power thing that Spoit doesn't like. But whatevs, can't please em all.

    I'm off to go look up the Don't Blink phalla! If its not about the Weeping Angels in Dr Who I will be sorely dissappointed.

    I am not disappointed. It looked like a fun game and captured the Weeping Angel theme perfectly. Awesome narrations, but that was to be expected from you, GtC.

    ObiFett on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I'll nominate Obi for hoodwinking me in MrT's game as best play by a newbie.

    Best reveal, I'll nominate Ventroue for either Star Wars main.

  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Man, Obi, you think your games are weirdly balanced.

    Ask @kime about my "DON'T BLINK" Phalla.

    I'm actually pretty happy about the balance of 2/3 of my games. Its just that everyone has powers, seering is usually a team effort, and the mafia need to be active in order to stay alive. Its the everyone gets a power thing that Spoit doesn't like. But whatevs, can't please em all.

    Yeah, in the BLINK game, everybody got a power.

    The same (EDIT: RNG-dependent) power. With the exception of two masons, who also had that power.

    Mafia each got a kill, individually...but weren't masoned.

    Yeah... the theme was awesome, and I think, overall, the concepts were fairly sound. It's just, you know, instead of uninformed majority vs informed minority, you kind of did the opposite.... informed majority vs uninformed minority...

    :(

    I still regret that I didn't kill Duny (I think?) that first night. It was our only chance, and would possibly have changed the game entirely...

    Fun game still though :D

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    With all this talk about old games, I am getting kinda curious. Is a SK with an invisible kill something that was ever done before me? Did I actually invent something? Or just reinvent something?

    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, one of the recent...ish games where I was mafia. @Assuran disappeared and we didn't realize that he was killed for an extra day

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    With all this talk about old games, I am getting kinda curious. Is a SK with an invisible kill something that was ever done before me? Did I actually invent something? Or just reinvent something?

    That damn carnival game.

    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    That was my game

    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    That was my game

    I know it was. I'm just saying "that damn carnival game." You just have to imagine the indignation and fist shaking.

    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Invisible SKs are especially rough on the mafia, I think. They had no clue I was dead for a few days and didn't play accordingly.

  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Can I nominate myself?

    My favorite reveal was in Xanth phalla. Assuran called a network shot on me and I said it wouldnt go through before narration. and I was right

    The fun part was I only had a 50% chance to survive.

  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Assuran wrote: »
    Invisible SKs are especially rough on the mafia, I think. They had no clue I was dead for a few days and didn't play accordingly.

    The village had even less of a clue. I don't think we noticed until Spoit came out and told us "hey morons, the SK is silently removing people."

    I really shouldn't be as mad at the game as I am. I mean... my side won. :P

    I'm just a little irked that a certain village guard let himself die to the vote on the first day because he wasn't paying enough attention to try and save himself (By a certain village guard, I definitely mean my arch-nemesis. Silly cat, all ruining things and stuff.).

    Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Can I nominate myself?

    My favorite reveal was in Xanth phalla. Assuran called a network shot on me and I said it wouldnt go through before narration. and I was right

    The fun part was I only had a 50% chance to survive.

    Do you have a link? If we like it we can nominate you. Sadly I'm lazy and going through how many games I've actually played atm.

  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I didn't really take into account that the group that would be hurt the most by an ability specifically designed to withhold information would be the group who's only real advantage is having more information than anyone else.

    My bad.

    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    C'mon now SLyM, on the scale of slightly annoying to Immortal Prince Langly, it is a minor quibble.

    Assuran on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Immortal Prince Langly was not annoying in the least

    For those feeding him information in exchange for cash and prizes!

    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Besides, without experimentation, there is no innovation of really cool mechanics.

  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Can't bring in the future without causing a few players to ragequit.

    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Besides, without experimentation, there is no innovation of really cool mechanics.

    Usually best to do it in minis first.
    stating the obvious. But newer hosts set their sights high

  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    to be fair, i didn't ragequit vampire.

    i had a bit of a minor mental lapse of solid judgement.

    or, a slight breakdown.

    not sure if you meant me there @baidol.

  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Can I nominate myself?

    My favorite reveal was in Xanth phalla. Assuran called a network shot on me and I said it wouldnt go through before narration. and I was right

    The fun part was I only had a 50% chance to survive.

    Do you have a link? If we like it we can nominate you. Sadly I'm lazy and going through how many games I've actually played atm.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23431740/#Comment_23431740

    Actually I care more that people read it than the nom. Also I made some good puns.

  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Not you specifically, ahava. Just a joke about ballsy phallas in general.

    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    kime wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Man, Obi, you think your games are weirdly balanced.

    Ask @kime about my "DON'T BLINK" Phalla.

    I'm actually pretty happy about the balance of 2/3 of my games. Its just that everyone has powers, seering is usually a team effort, and the mafia need to be active in order to stay alive. Its the everyone gets a power thing that Spoit doesn't like. But whatevs, can't please em all.

    Yeah, in the BLINK game, everybody got a power.

    The same (EDIT: RNG-dependent) power. With the exception of two masons, who also had that power.

    Mafia each got a kill, individually...but weren't masoned.

    Yeah... the theme was awesome, and I think, overall, the concepts were fairly sound. It's just, you know, instead of uninformed majority vs informed minority, you kind of did the opposite.... informed majority vs uninformed minority...

    :(

    I still regret that I didn't kill Duny (I think?) that first night. It was our only chance, and would possibly have changed the game entirely...

    Fun game still though :D

    My biggest regret was not signing up for that game so that I could set a higher record for getting kime killed in separate games the most times in a single night.

    As it stands, the record is at 3 :bz

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Man, Obi, you think your games are weirdly balanced.

    Ask kime about my "DON'T BLINK" Phalla.

    I'm actually pretty happy about the balance of 2/3 of my games. Its just that everyone has powers, seering is usually a team effort, and the mafia need to be active in order to stay alive. Its the everyone gets a power thing that Spoit doesn't like. But whatevs, can't please em all.

    Yeah, in the BLINK game, everybody got a power.

    The same (EDIT: RNG-dependent) power. With the exception of two masons, who also had that power.

    Mafia each got a kill, individually...but weren't masoned.

    Yeah... the theme was awesome, and I think, overall, the concepts were fairly sound. It's just, you know, instead of uninformed majority vs informed minority, you kind of did the opposite.... informed majority vs uninformed minority...

    :(

    I still regret that I didn't kill Duny (I think?) that first night. It was our only chance, and would possibly have changed the game entirely...

    Fun game still though :D

    My biggest regret was not signing up for that game so that I could set a higher record for getting kime killed in separate games the most times in a single night.

    As it stands, the record is at 3 :bz

    Oh you :P

    I thought it was 4, for some reason. Glad to know that my record is still possible to be beaten! :D

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Not you specifically, ahava. Just a joke about ballsy phallas in general.

    we're good then, chief.

    i'll get back to my workstation.

  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    You would need a main and two minis in CF, plus a game somewhere else for that record to fall.

    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    You would need a main and two minis in CF, plus a game somewhere else for that record to fall.

    Yeah, I think it actually came from a Debate and Discourse game and then two CF ones.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    There's experimentation. And then there's throwing stuff at a wall without even thinking about it

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Assuran wrote: »
    Besides, without experimentation, there is no innovation of really cool mechanics.

    Usually best to do it in minis first.
    stating the obvious. But newer hosts set their sights high

    Hey. I've hosted three phallas, and they had neat mechanics and didn't go tits up.

    Being too innovative for your own good will screw you over.

    I've got a really good idea for the Knights of Arcadia phalla that I discussed with Baidol. Just haven't had the time or health to do it yet.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    You should, Munkus! I like your games.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    There's experimentation. And then there's throwing stuff at a wall without even thinking about it

    naw, there's always thinking about it

    there's just also disagreeing with the conclusions the host makes :P

    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    With all this talk about old games, I am getting kinda curious. Is a SK with an invisible kill something that was ever done before me? Did I actually invent something? Or just reinvent something?
    Montauk had an SK that literally erased people from the timeline, their names would be removed from the OP and everything.

  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    With all this talk about old games, I am getting kinda curious. Is a SK with an invisible kill something that was ever done before me? Did I actually invent something? Or just reinvent something?
    Montauk had an SK that literally erased people from the timeline, their names would be removed from the OP and everything.
    I was literally in the middle of typing this. When it happened to me I got PMs from like half the game that I couldn't answer and then someone started messaging me on irc and I didn't know what to do.

  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    With all this talk about old games, I am getting kinda curious. Is a SK with an invisible kill something that was ever done before me? Did I actually invent something? Or just reinvent something?
    Montauk had an SK that literally erased people from the timeline, their names would be removed from the OP and everything.

    That sounds awesome.

    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I was a CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS EHEHEHEHEHE dude in Montauk.

    My shining moment was contributing to the erasure of six (?) people in one night. :3

    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Day 6
    Best Abuse of Game Mechanics (I read the OP award)

    King @langly

    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Which was langly's first game anyway? like INANTP point out, even though the dirty neutral cop came later, he was already pretty impressive before then

    my first real game was phallakinetic IV, where I killed a win condition for the village as a village vig and got heavyvillain killed accidentally.

    my second game was death of phalla with the cult victory and then brass phalla with the sk victory

  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    You can nominate yourself

  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Phallaburger 2 was only two years ago? I really should get that full-size LOLPhalla back on track...

    I think my first game was about five years ago. It was one of CJ's SMT phallas... I'm going to go research it and see if I can find it.

    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    NIGHT 1
    Creepy-butler.jpg
    Sir Dingdingworth III raises his hand and silence falls upon the room. It's not exactly like they wanted to stop talking. More like they no longer had the ability to do so. Needless to say, he had their full attention at that point.

    chinon-parchment.jpg
    "Good, good. Let us proceed. I have the nominees here," he said while gesturing to an ancient looking parchment. There were neat markings on the parchment in what appeared to be several different languages. "This is the end of the voting for now. You will all be free to roam the property for an hour and then we will get back to business. When we return you will be making nominees for the following two categories:"

    Most Improved Player (The "sniff... They grow up so fast... Now to mafia kill him day 1...") Award
    Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game (All according to plan Award)

    And we will begin voting for the winner in the previous categories:

    Most Veteran Play by a New Player (Baby With a Shotgun) Award
    SaberOverEasy - Phallance in the Force
    Langly - Death of Phalla
    ObiFett - Metastasis
    CesareB - Village of Phallandia


    The Best or Most Exciting or Coolest or Most Epic Role Claim or Reveal (The "IT IS I, INACTIVUS") Award
    Ketbra - Lord Heckatombe! (Phallacron of Darth Heckatombe)KetBra's
    Munkus Beaver - Murderbot (Phallakinetic 4)Munkus Beaver's
    Vertroue - Sith (Phallance)Vert's
    B:L - Garen - League of Phalla
    BL's

    "Remember, ladies and gentlemen," says the manservant with an almost growling voice, "unlike the nomination phase, you get one vote for the winner of each category. You will all find underneath your seats a quill with your name on it. This quill will use your blood for signing your name. Your last vote is the only one that will count. Anyone caught tampering with the proceedings will be... dealt with," he finishes, looking knowingly at the coffins on the stage. As the gathered crowd look between each other nervously they realize they can speak again. They look back towards the podium only to notice that the butler has disappeared.
    blood-quill-pen.jpg

    Erin The Red on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Saberovereasy

    Munkus Beaver

Sign In or Register to comment.