Options

The 4th (Almost) Annual Phalla Awards! - Congratulations to all our winners!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    bedlam

let's get that over with

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I think you meant for that to be in blue because the op has the award for meltdowns being in blue, but nevermind the narration is different and now I am supposed to switch it back

like this: I am now editing this to be red like it should be and back to blue Bedlam

ObiFett on
  • Options
    nope i'm good

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    fair enough

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    bedlam is obvious

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I take it Spoit's nomination for BL not count :) ?

• Options
    damn you @spoit , it needed to be blue!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    ITT I needed a Name to Post has improved a great deal.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I could also see an argument for Baidol .

Though do we have to start with players who wouldn't fall into the newbie category ? (this would apply for inantp also)

Also Langly , even though this is very dated.

Egos on
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    CesareB
    KetBra

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !CesareB

Obligatory !Munkus cause PARTNERRRRR.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Did it get seconded? If so, let me know and I can correct it

• Options
    Did it get seconded? If so, let me know and I can correct it

I seconded it here and re-did it incase editing mattered.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Saberovereasy

Munkus Beaver

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Turns out this month marks the fourth year of me playing phalla. My first was Abysmal Lynx's Shin Megami Phallei (I was right about it being an SMT phalla, and I normally think cj runs everything SMT and Persona...)

Here's the link- I managed to survive to the end until whoever was playing Jack Frost killed me to fulfill a win condition.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/76727/game-over-shin-megami-phallei-chaos-reigns/p1

EDIT: Damn it... FOUR years. Not five.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Arguable whether this is a blunder or not. Stever777(mafia) made up a baffling story of MrTlicious(mafia) telling him arbitrarily that Mi-Go Hunter(mafia) was a contact and tried to get people vote for him in the Final Fantasy 14 Phalla. Even more odd because Mi-GO Hunter was the mafia guard. If it weren't mi-go hunter outing himself to the thread as a guard and not coming out to an essentially verified network head (me)....things may have gone very differently.

Link

The Gambit almost paid off in late game since it was such a nonsensical/risky decision. So debatable whether this belongs. Ultimately him not being killed off by the mafia was a big tip off I believe to survivors.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    As for voting... Langly for Death of Phalla. It took me dying and revealed as the anti-cult vig for people to even realize there was a cult, and by then, it was waaaay too late. Langly is really, really good at deception in Phalla- there was another example, when he played a Witch and there was a dagger being passed around and other things... I can't quite remember it...

Munkus Beaver Murderbot. I think that says it all. Maybe he ought to go knock the rest off of it and see if it fires up?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Turns out this month marks the fifth year of me playing phalla.

O_o

• Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    As for voting... Langly for Death of Phalla. It took me dying and revealed as the anti-cult vig for people to even realize there was a cult, and by then, it was waaaay too late.

It's a pity you said you were immune to the mafia and not the cult...

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    SoE, since Langly is clearly going to sweep the other awards anyway
    aaaand....
    B:Lush

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Can someone link the bedlam thing about crashing two ships?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Duna in pha/lla was pretty bad, though there was another meltdown from him in a game after that which was when he actually quit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    B:L because I love my gifs

Arguable whether this is a blunder or not. Stever777(mafia) made up a baffling story of MrTlicious(mafia) telling him arbitrarily that Mi-Go Hunter(mafia) was a contact and tried to get people vote for him in the Final Fantasy 14 Phalla. Even more odd because Mi-GO Hunter was the mafia guard. If it weren't mi-go hunter outing himself to the thread as a guard and not coming out to an essentially verified network head (me)....things may have gone very differently.

Link

The Gambit almost paid off in late game since it was such a nonsensical/risky decision. So debatable whether this belongs. Ultimately him not being killed off by the mafia was a big tip off I believe to survivors.

whoops wrong color for Stever

Egos on
  • Options
    Wait, why blue when the narration has it in red?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    SaberOverEasy

KetBra

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Saber for this vote too, since he's proven to be really insightful and analytical, especially when thrust into the position of network head. Obifett and TRV are close seconds.

• Options
    Though do we have to start with players who wouldn't fall into the newbie category ? (this would apply for inantp also)

the way i see it, yesterday's category was about players who had fairly strong debuts in general, even if it took a few games

this one is more about the long-term (particularly given the timeframe of the awards)

so if you thought for example, that Saber started at 5 and then moved up to 8, while TRV started at 0 and moved to 7, even though you would technically think of Saber as a better player in that regard, the most improved is TRV

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Can someone link the bedlam thing about crashing two ships?

When it actually occurred.

The start of it

• Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    Phalla awards! I'm glad I checked the forums.

I didn't play Phallance in the Force but I played two games with Saber shortly after that and I was very impressed with him. He definitely brought a certain enthusiasm by which I mean that my pm box was very full.

• Options
    What game was it where a villager made some post implicating another villager about some kind of kill and then took it back really quickly but in the end it turned out to be a lie for no reason?

That person deserves a blue vote today.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

the way i see it, yesterday's category was about players who had fairly strong debuts in general, even if it took a few games

this one is more about the long-term (particularly given the timeframe of the awards)

so if you thought for example, that Saber started at 5 and then moved up to 8, while TRV started at 0 and moved to 7, even though you would technically think of Saber as a better player in that regard, the most improved is TRV

Woohoo I'm a 7!

• Options
    that was cayrus implicating baidol in one of the star wars games i believe

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    that was cayrus implicating baidol in one of the star wars games i believe

Yes it was.

And I survived the game anyway!

CesareB
    Munkus Beaver
    Bedlam

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Two totally unrelated things:
    1: Yesterday, it was 87 degrees outside. Today, it is 45.
    2: Got the kid's christmas pictures in! :D
    FB_IMG_13548920272426137.jpg

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    What game was it where a villager made some post implicating another villager about some kind of kill and then took it back really quickly but in the end it turned out to be a lie for no reason?

As INANTP said, that was, in fact, one of your games I believe. Good job :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

Link

Lord yes stever

Langly on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Sidenote: I think Facetious has improved quite a bit also. Let's see which one takes!

I can nominate whoever I want!

sp_0601_10_m4.jpg?width=200

Egos on
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

It was not one of my games. If it was I wouldn't remember being jumping all over the edit. :P

It was actually Assuran's game. Looking through it now to try and find it.

• Options
    kime wrote: »

It was not one of my games. If it was I wouldn't remember being jumping all over the edit. :P

It was actually Assuran's game. Looking through it now to try and find it.

Reeeally?

Huh. Oh well, not the first time my memory has decided to go rogue on me and make up it's own stuff.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Cayrus

For this, wherein, as a vanillager, you made a post about busdriving a kill for Baidol, another vanillager, and then quickly edited it and refused to explain why you did it. I still have no idea why you made that post.

ObiFett on