As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]: The Motion Picture

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The damn data from the trip to Ethiopia needs to get in. I need it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Ah sweet, They got some Nickleback songs for Rocksmith on Steam!

literally the worst person.

Nah, i could've said that it made me want to buy it! :D

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Nickelback is rock and roll for stupid people.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I don't think you can upload avatars to the steam workshop which is a shame, I like my space marine maxwell (the bolter is off the workshop though)

max.jpg

override367 on
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    KEB wrote: »
    I need fashion advice.

Where's a girly girl when you need one?

I are a lady. Whatcha need?

Gotta dress for a date on Saturday!

Activities include lunch, and possibly outdoor, downtown walking.

Forecast is probably rainy and only slightly above freezing.

Physically, I am basically a stick one hangs clothes on.

As a good Vancouverite I will have an umbrella, so staying dry shouldn't be too much of an issue!

I basically need to advice from my feet up! :P

If you have cute rain boots, wear those with your umbrella, you'll look like a fearless woodswoman ready to face the elements. I actually have a date tomorrow, but I've got my outfit all planned out. Mirror my example: cute but casual black top that has a little movement to it, my pretty red and white scarf, dark blue jeans, and black boots. Dressed like a true Nor'Easter.

You east coasters aren't all bad! :P

I keep thinking I want to wear a skirt for this date but I have no idea why: I'm way more comfortable in jeans and it's gonna be cold. My brain has no compassion for my legs!

Thanks for the advice, I really like it :)

if you desire a skirt, add leggings underneath it, and double them up for warmth if needed

this also goes well with cute rain boots

Nowadays, if you wear leggings, that's all you wear. Wear a long shirt to cover your butt. I absolutely despise this entire phenomenon (you aren't wearing PANTS! Everyone can see EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR BUTT), but walking around campus, I swear 3/5 girls dress like this in the winter. If you're going to wear a skirt, you have to wear tights. -_-

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    KEBKEB Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I need fashion advice.

As a good Vancouverite I will have an umbrella, so staying dry shouldn't be too much of an issue!

If you have cute rain boots, wear those with your umbrella, you'll look like a fearless woodswoman ready to face the elements. I actually have a date tomorrow, but I've got my outfit all planned out. Mirror my example: cute but casual black top that has a little movement to it, my pretty red and white scarf, dark blue jeans, and black boots. Dressed like a true Nor'Easter.

I'm wondering how she's going to end up with your pretty red and white scarf

Sisterhood of the Pretty Red and White Scarf
    I need fashion advice.

I keep thinking I want to wear a skirt for this date but I have no idea why: I'm way more comfortable in jeans and it's gonna be cold. My brain has no compassion for my legs!

if you desire a skirt, add leggings underneath it, and double them up for warmth if needed

I thought of this, but then I have to pick a style and length of skirt, match colours ...

Jeans are so easy. :P

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i'm done studying for tonight!

Only 30 minutes until i go to bed.

D:

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I should write a poem

Or read some

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    All natural doesn't mean anything.

It does when you're talking about breasts.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    If I remember right, that comic from Asay is from the 80s, so it really is just Asay being human filth.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I petition that the next chat has to be the [Chat] of Kahn. Or Star Trek Into Dark[Chat].

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I need fashion advice.

Nowadays, if you wear leggings, that's all you wear. Wear a long shirt to cover your butt. I absolutely despise this entire phenomenon (you aren't wearing PANTS! Everyone can see EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR BUTT), but walking around campus, I swear 3/5 girls dress like this in the winter. If you're going to wear a skirt, you have to wear tights. -_-

As a hetero male on a college campus, I am 100% OK with this.

• Options
    I need fashion advice.

I think its all the meds but I swear I read this entirely as Arch's post

and it was a little confusing because I had no idea he had such a strong opinion on girl's fashion

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

If it's a lunch date I guess the general rule is to be somewhat casual with a hint of dressing up (a single giant ruby cradled in the crook of your arm). If you know the general tastes of the guy, play to them.

Walking means riding boots or flats which are complemented well by skinny jeans, perhaps a loose blouse that is an attractive or bold color

then throw some layers on that bitch

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I petition that the next chat has to be the [Chat] of Kahn. Or Star Trek Into Dark[Chat].

I petition that the next chat be The Minish [Chat].

• Options
    The next chat should not be star trek related

it should be babylon 5 doctor who slashfic related

• Options
    [Chat] Trek: The Next Generation!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    I need fashion advice.

As a hetero male on a college campus, I am 100% OK with this.

As a creeper with his own private community college ant farm. I am also p cool with it.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    For me new Star Trek was good but not great. Which means it's still better than most of the TOS movies and all of the TNG movies.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    For me new Star Trek was good but not great. Which means it's still better than most of the TOS movies and all of the TNG movies.

This is accurate.

It is streets ahead of V and all TNG films. A bit better than III and about equal to I. It is simply not a better movie than II, IV, or VI.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

I humbly propose: Inspector Space[chat]!
    spacetime.jpg

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I just performed a science experiencet. I opened a bottle of Prosecco two days ago and resealed it with A DEVICE.

It was still fizzy down to the last drop. My device is fit dor use to preserve sparkling wines.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

If it's a lunch date I guess the general rule is to be somewhat casual with a hint of dressing up (a single giant ruby cradled in the crook of your arm). If you know the general tastes of the guy, play to them.

Walking means riding boots or flats which are complemented well by skinny jeans, perhaps a loose blouse that is an attractive or bold color

Thanks Eddy :) I guess I'm just over-thinking it, everyone seems to be on basically the same page re: what I should wear!

Oh, purse! Hadn't thought of purse. Meh that's a much smaller problem and I think I can handle that one myself :P

• Options

you got your star fury in my tardis. You got your tardis in my star fury!

• Options

I humbly propose: Inspector Space[chat]!
    spacetime.jpg

:^:

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Ah sweet, They got some Nickleback songs for Rocksmith on Steam!

I quoted this hoping I'd find some alt text hidden in there exclaiming "said nobody ever"

Maybe it's a code

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    keb i have input

wear clothes

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I've actually been at an impasse. I have a big idea I want to make but haven't begun because I can only glimpse the skeleton of the project.

The nonlinear freewrite that eventually resolves itself hasn't been producing results lately.

I have 5-6 poems that have been floating around in my head that I've been meaning to write but every time I try they feel like work and I can't do that.

I need to trick myself into thinking this is a game, because it is.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    keb i have input

wear clothes

generally regarded as a bad idea

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Thanks Eddy :) I guess I'm just over-thinking it, everyone seems to be on basically the same page re: what I should wear!

Oh, purse! Hadn't thought of purse. Meh that's a much smaller problem and I think I can handle that one myself :P

Don't carry one, and make him pay for everything.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    If I ever make a chat, it will be called...

Chatters and Chumps.

And it'll be up to everyone to find out who the chumps are!

21stCentury on
  • Options
    Also, boy likes butts, which isn't surprising because he is a boy.

So jeans really are the best choice.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I need fashion advice.

As an avid butt admirer,

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    It's getting really cold up ins.

I love the cold, minus 2 things. 1) nobody to cuddle for warmth 2) arthritis

• Options
    Actually, I think next chat should be the [Chats] and the [Chat] Nots in honor of my favorite thing from this chat.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

Don't carry one, and make him pay for everything.

Best idea so far. Glare at him, exasperated, when the bill arrives. Continue to glare wordlessly until he takes care of it.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    I need fashion advice.

As an avid butt ,

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Also, boy likes butts, which isn't surprising because he is a boy.

So jeans really are the best choice.

uuuummmmmmmm
    no

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I vote Bacon [chat]cakes.

http://youtu.be/1eO5U_uN7DQ

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Good policy is not a morality play; the ascetic and faithful do not find their sacrifice glorified, and the grasping and deviant do not find their cause condemned.

Sometimes, Ronya, I wonder what the hell you're talking about or what oblique reference to current discussion you are making.

Because your points seems so salient, yet so intangible.

It is possibly one of my favorite parts of chat.

It's one of the elements of reactionary politics, that enforcement and prescription of social norms should be intertwined at every level of the state. The message of approval or disapproval matter more than what static changes the policy achieves in the here and now.

Not necessarily conservative politics, I daresay, but the two are often enmeshed. It shows up a bit in the Asay cartoons.

aRkpc.gif
This discussion has been closed.