As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is a brand new STEAM thread for this sale now

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Sorry, I don't own that one. I have the first two chapters on the ps3 from them being free for plus members but I'm afraid if I start I'll want to finish and I'm on a new game diet until after Christmas :-)

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    So I noticed @aerynkelly suggest in the previous thread that getting all Bad Rats achievements might not be possible. (I guess you might lose your sanity) I obviously feel compelled to try that later tonight and see if I hate myself enough to try to 100% it.

Isorn! You're nuts to want to try. (I need to be there to witness your demise into insanity!)

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Having not seen or played Bad Rats, I have no idea what's realistic and what's not. All I know is that I'd rather have his suffering go to good use.

If 22 is realistic yet painful (for part 1 of 2 part series) - that is enough for me.

The first 30 are easy enough to get through

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    Any chance I can get an invite to the super-duper group?

Also looking generally for friends. I don't do much co-op but I do like to see what everyone is playing. Makes me check out other games (as does this thread!)

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    The image of GabeN as a super sexy santa is a pretty amazing way to open a thread.

HiT BiT has made Steam thread OPs an embarrassment of riches.

Also, I'm in for a DS game to Child's Play if @anoffday finishes the LP before noon on Monday (Steam time, PST, natch). So that's:

Idx86 for $50
    joshgotro for $10
    Undead Scottsman for $50
    Iolo for DS game

(Copy this bit and add yourself if you want in.)

EDIT: 44 levels? Should we push the deadline back a little bit? How about "Before the winter sale begins."

Also:

signature.png

I am fine with that. A full LP of Bad Rats by the beginning of the Holiday Sale generates a boatload of happiness for kids in unimaginable situations.

Get cracking, @anoffday!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So I noticed @aerynkelly suggest in the previous thread that getting all Bad Rats achievements might not be possible. (I guess you might lose your sanity) I obviously feel compelled to try that later tonight and see if I hate myself enough to try to 100% it.

I think it's impossible because one of the cheevos requires you to solve X amount of puzzles on the first try. But honestly, there is never a guarantee that a solution that worked once will work again because the game's physics are so damn inconsistent.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I haven't participated in steam thread in some time because "lol planetside 2" but I will donate $10 to child's play if anoffday LP's some bad rats.

I mean, I don't know what your real life is like right now, offday, so don't think that $10 isn't going to get in those kid's hands if you DON'T, but I like charity bandwagons, and I haven't gifted in the steam thread in months.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I've already made my annual Childs Play donation, but I will happily toss in another $20 to the pool if @anoffday finishes the Bad Rats LP.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Oh great Steam thread, I beseech thee.
    Is the Street Fighter X Tekken sale worth it?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

Yes.

• Options
    Maybe that's what I should follow To the Moon and Spec Ops with - Bad Rats. I already own it and I already hate myself after playing Spec Ops.

• Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    I've already made my annual Childs Play donation, but I will happily toss in another $20 to the pool if @anoffday finishes the Bad Rats LP.

As have I but I'll put in another $20 as well.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    You could offer to donate this money straight to @anoffday's Steam wallet and I still don't think he would finish the LP.

Zenitram on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Riokenn wrote: »

Do you typically like fighting games, especially those of the fighting streets or Tekken variety? As in, do you like playing them and could you sink a lot of time in them, not do you like the concept of them?

Do you have a method of playing it well on your computer set up or possible to set up? Even a controller with an analogue stick works, but WASD would be so inferior it'd be more worth buying it on a console for full price (that's a first for the Steam Thread, I think).

Can you deal with some not-entirely-trivial purchasable customization bullshit in an at least pseudo competitive game?

If the answer to all three of those is yes, yeah, it's worth picking up. If any of them is no... probably not. If you haven't been big on fighting games before, I doubt this will get you into them (though I did get into fighting games with MvC3, so I dunno if my opinion means much).

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I had it on the 360 but decided against picking it up in sale just because I'm not dedicated enough to fighting games. I like to play a bit, do all the flashy moves, finish a single player/arcade mode once, and then beat people who I can play locally. But I know I'll never have the patience to learn all of the techniques and strategies necessary to compete online.

• Options
    I'd love to play it too but PSN Plus just threw SSF4AE (hope I got the acronym right) up for free this week and between that, the free VF5 from Plus month or two ago and the Mortal Kombat remake I really don't have a need for another game in the genre. I'm really not sure on how much I'd play a fighting game on a PC anyways - at least until I get a long enough HDMI cable to have it hooked up to the TV more often.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Son of a bitch. Ok. It's back on. I will delve back into the darkness. You guys better pay up.

Edit: just noticed my tag next to my name. Classy.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    To make the completion of the Bad Rats LP not simply about avoiding dire consequences, if @anoffday finishes it before noon on Monday, I'll donate $50 to Child's Play.

Now you're REALLY doing it for the kids.

EDIT: In agreement with @iolo, LP can be wrapped up by the beginning of the Holiday Sale in order to trigger my donation.

I'm in! :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    This is why the Steam thread is the best.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    GmG has Batman AC GotY at 75% off. There's a 35% one-off voucher floating around too, which would bring it down to dirt cheap levels.

On another note, apparently if you owe the base game, the GoTY version has a 66% discount. Sizeable, but GmG still has the better deal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Zenitram wrote: »
    You could offer to donate this money straight to @anoffday's Steam wallet and I still don't think he would finish the LP.

Put your money where your mouth is. (But for child's play, not me).

Steam: offday
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997988796

Could I have an invite to the steam group? My amount of steam play time always increases during the winter months when the sales get crazy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Wow that was super fast. Thank you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Zenitram wrote: »

Put your money where your mouth is. (But for child's play, not me).

Wow and I didn't even have to contribute!

Just kidding! $100 if you finish it. Please finish it.

• Options
    This is getting deliciously out of hand.

I hope you kept your save, @anoffday.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Don't worry offday. I will also be having a grand time playing bad rats. But I have no excuse other than possibly hating myself.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    So, Arkham City GOTY (Steamworks) is $7.50 on GMG. And with this coupon WINTR-SRVEY-42012 you can get it for about $4.70. I doubt Steam will have it for less during the winter sale.

• Options
    I am currently stuck on level 39 of Bad Rats. There are no walkthroughs online.

Also, how did AnOffDay not see the tag near his name? I assume mods forced it on him?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    So, Arkham City GOTY (Steamworks) is $7.50 on GMG. And with this coupon WINTR-SRVEY-42012 you can get it for about $4.70. I doubt Steam will have it for less during the winter sale.
    This makes me happy about waiting til next Christmas to buy BL2. Can't wait to splatter some bonerfarts, but got plenty in the game bank between now and then. Plus, no waiting for DLC.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    So I had just beaten a really hard level, and the next level starts and I hit escape to speed past the menu, and this happens

4Za9F.jpg

The entire interface has disappeared, and I cannot get the level to start. And I didn't get a chance to save yet, so I have to do the last level over again.

nliCK.jpg

steam_sig.png

• Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Son of a bitch. Ok. It's back on. I will delve back into the darkness. You guys better pay up.

Another awesome moment in the history of the Steam thread.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I am currently stuck on level 39 of Bad Rats. There are no walkthroughs online.

Also, how did AnOffDay not see the tag near his name? I assume mods forced it on him?

I can help, maybe

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I don't know what's happening here, but I like it.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Bad Rats reminds me of Ratatoing.

Also who is this Heavy Arms Jin who randomly friend invited me and seems to be vaguely associated with PA, possibly Social Entropy?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    So, I just friended one of my nephews on Steam and he has like nine games. No Half-Life, no Portal, only three proper games, really. Civ V, CS:GO, and Dota 2. Looking on his game "list" is like looking at a wasteland.

Obviously, I want to be the cool uncle who's hip to the internets and gives him cool games, but at the the same time, it's so tempting to be the scumbag uncle and give him Bad Rats.

So very, very tempting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Bad Rats reminds me of Ratatoing.

Also who is this Heavy Arms Jin who randomly friend invited me and seems to be vaguely associated with PA, possibly Social Entropy?

I believe that's @Peas
    Roshin wrote: »
    So, I just friended one of my nephews on Steam and he has like nine games. No Half-Life, no Portal, only three proper games, really. Civ V, CS:GO, and Dota 2. Looking on his game "list" is like looking at a wasteland.

Obviously, I want to be the cool uncle who's hip to the internets and gives him cool games, but at the the same time, it's so tempting to be the scumbag uncle and give him Bad Rats.

So very, very tempting.

Do both. Make him confused on how he feels about you.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Sale has still not started? Sheesh...only 12 days to go, they better hurry!

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I'll throw in $100 to Child's Play as well... maybe a bit more if he does the whole thing in a timely manner.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    If we hit $500 in the pool, can we get him to sound happy in the voiceover? I'm not paying good money to listen to you bitch and moan, son. You'll play Bad Rats for charity and you'll fucking like it.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    If we hit 1000$, he has to play it naked.

:winky:

wait what

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
This discussion has been closed.