As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

There is a brand new STEAM thread for this sale now

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Muppetman wrote: »
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

signature.png
    Congrats muppetman50!

Thanks for this! Now to decide which one to start with :)

Machinarium!

camo_sig2.png
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Right, it appears that the nice chaps over at Simply have X-Com on sale. £12.99, which I think is something in the area of $20. Still not quite cheap enough to make me switch from XP to Windows 7 to play it (!), but I'm guessing someone here will want a copy...

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19729/XCOM-Enemy-Unknown-CD-KEY-Download-PC

Tempting.

Do you guys believe it'll be cheaper than that during the Winter Sale?

Gamefly had it for $25 ($20 with code) recently. I doubt it would get much cheaper during the sales, but I'm still holding out just in case.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Cute Heavy-Newell 1SPPL.png
    9X0bf.png

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    So I was going to donate through Child's Play, but then when I checked the map for the hospital near me, I saw this:
    6Y4DO.jpg
    So I did it there instead:
    fJqxX.jpg

Good work, anoffday!

s7Imn5J.png
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Cute Heavy-Newell 1SPPL.png
    9X0bf.png

How long until you can make it spin up and shoot gifts?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Busy day so I haven't been around the comp much, but one more contest ended. Congrats to @Drovek for winning Sonic Generations, a classic tale of a Hedgehog with its origins in the Jewish faith. One final day in the Hanukkah giveaway, folks!
    I'm going to be traveling too much to get in on the winter sale madness this year, so instead I'm throwing down an 8 day Hanukkah giveaway. In honor of this sacred time, I've rewritten the Hanerot Halalu in a way that my girlfriend and her Jewish family would undoubtedly frown upon:

We play these games for the miracles and the wonders, for the redemption and the battles that you made for our monochrome ancestors, in those days at this season, through your holy sales. During all eight days of Steam-Hanukkah these games are sacred, and we are not permitted to make ordinary use of them except for to gift them in order to express thanks and praise to Your great Name for Your miracles, Your amazing values and Your tremendous discounts.

I can't make enough giveaways for everything just now, so I can only cover the first three days and I'll put the remaining few up as the previous ones end. I'll go ahead and open up the current listings for entries, but they'll expire a day at a time. And because this is a community thing, if you're not at least a moderately active forum poster I reserve the right to re-raffle the gifts, in the spirit of the holidays. That said, Happy Hanukkah, and lets do this:
    Day 1:

signature.png

Day 2:

signature.png

Day 3:

signature.png

Day 4:

signature.png

Day 5:

signature.png

Day 6:

signature.png

Day 7:

signature.png

Day 8:

signature.png

Also, went ahead and got my donation in, decided to double up, so it's $20 now instead of $10 for you tally folk out there. Proof in spoiler:
    ZKvFU.jpg

Off to make latkes, stay classy!

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Donation made
    Yi4o1.jpg

Worth every penny. A tip of my hat again to those who have participated, and those who are going to be suffering soon. Your tears will go to a good cause!

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    signature.png

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Man, I wish I had taken a screenshot of that receipt screen; now there isn't a nice shiny one to use anymore :(

• AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Great job, guys.

Proof of "Lamb Chop"-level sponsorship:
    proof_zps67e97221.png

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Ok, but no monocles, top-hats or glowing eyes this time. :mrgreen:

C6JsA.gif

CN23L.gif

HiT BiT on
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    God damnit, man. Just..damn.

Which reminds me..4 days till the sale! I'm so fucking excited.
    While I do own quite a lot of games by now (largely thanks to you guys) I'm actually not broke this time, for a change.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Ok, but no monocles, top-hats or glowing eyes this time. :mrgreen:

C6JsA.gif

CN23L.gif

This thread has become a singularity, combining the infinite possibilities of the Internet with the generosity and goodwill that come with the holidays.

It is, briefly and in conclusion, the true miracle of Christmas.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    '...even if Episode Three isn't coming out.' is probably my favorite part of that Lore video.

steam_sig.png
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Hey!

Who wants Max Payne 3?

5618.jpg

In order to get the url for this SteamGifts giveaway, write something Noir-ish and PM it to me.

Here's an example:

215123817_97Z7w-L-2.jpg

I'm not sure how many entries I'll be allowing into the contest, but I'm also not sure how many people don't own this already.

I'll announce it if I'm not taking any more.

Is everybody in this thing who wants to be in this thing?

7 hours remaining.

• SkexisSkexis Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Are there any games like Pokemon Snap!/Afrika on Steam? I'm totally in the mood for a good photography game.
    BioShock, actually.

There's always the old standby, Beyond Good and Evil
    Even if the PC port is harder to use than it has any right to be.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea i was originally going to paypal my money but saw that my local Childrens hospital (which i have spent way too much time at) had a list. original pledge of $20 has turned into $50 worth of stuff

camo_sig.png
  • Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Browsing the mobile site you'd think the primary background for this thread was silver. Too much class on here I guess.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, uh, now that I've mastered Bad Rats, I'm tempted to 100% Secret of the Magic Crystals.

I think I need help.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Is there an end to the Magic Crystals? I just assumed it was part virtual pet and there was really not an end.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Is there an end to the Magic Crystals? I just assumed it was part virtual pet and there was really not an end.

There are 13 Achievements, which is more what I was referring to.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • DahkathDahkath Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Ahhh, I knew you had it in you anoffday!

Money well spent.
    x6Mrc.png

Dahkath on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Postal 2 no weapons run!

Deus Ex (the first) no augs, pacifist run.

Tamin on
  • staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    Just to silence all the doubters, all 0 of you, my $10 donation confirmation.
    v4qq3.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Postal 2 no weapons run!
    Funnily enough, not THAT hard to do in the base game.

Literally impossible to do in the expansion. (Do not play the expansion, it is so much worse than the base game)

M A G I K A Z A M
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Postal 2 no weapons run!

Literally impossible to do in the expansion. (Do not play the expansion, it is so much worse than the base game)

I thought that said portal 2 no weapons run.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Postal 2 no weapons run!

I thought that said portal 2 no weapons run.

Beat the game using only orange portals.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    we need to tally the amount donated already so we know how far off we are.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »

I've tried to keep the spreadsheet updated, but I haven't had time to mark off received donations yet (and I think I may have missed a couple of pledges).

If anyone can go through and make a note beside each confirmed donation, that would be great. And if you see a pledge missing, feel free to add it in:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An8p__buB1QxdHBNcGlkcUU1X2FWNEhtUWQtbmg5OUE#gid=0

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular

I've tried to keep the spreadsheet updated, but I haven't had time to mark off received donations yet (and I think I may have missed a couple of pledges).

If anyone can go through and make a note beside each confirmed donation, that would be great. And if you see a pledge missing, feel free to add it in:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An8p__buB1QxdHBNcGlkcUU1X2FWNEhtUWQtbmg5OUE#gid=0

i think it would be interesting to see how much was initially pledged verses how much is given considering several people already donated more than they pledged

camo_sig.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    HAH MY STRETCH GOAL ISNT LISTED ON THERE, I DONT HAVE TO DO IT. SUCK IT.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    CorriganX wrote: »
    HAH MY STRETCH GOAL ISNT LISTED ON THERE, I DONT HAVE TO DO IT. SUCK IT.

Oh, it's there, my friend. It's there.
    Updated what i could. If everyone who contributed could just check their own names to be sure. Also, we gotta get closer!

mts wrote: »

i think it would be interesting to see how much was initially pledged verses how much is given considering several people already donated more than they pledged

I couldn't really keep track of it all, so I've just updated to "pledged" amounts to whatever each person actually donated once I see a confirmation. Also, someone has kindly helped me fill in pretty much all the confirmations. We're looking good so far! Looks to be about half received so far.

And for the record, according to my spreadsheet, we're at $2818 pledged, although I think I'm still missing one or two pledges. If anyone sees one missing, please add it in.

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    PROOF.
    Child%2527s%2520Play%2520PROOF.jpg

Also, gifts:

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png
    signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
    Currently adds up to $1001.16 from donations made already.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    SteamGift's whole "we changed our button" thing makes it really hard to see how many people are entering these things.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • dakotac9849dakotac9849 Registered User regular
    so what is the best game of the holiday season so far? any recommendations on what would be a good one to buy for a steamgifts giveaway for the forum. finally have some money banked for once this holiday season, need to spread the holiday joy

so what is the best game of the holiday season so far? any recommendations on what would be a good one to buy for a steamgifts giveaway for the forum. finally have some money banked for once this holiday season, need to spread the holiday joy

Far Cry 3. Always Far Cry 3.

This discussion has been closed.