As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pacific Rim: Del Toro does Giant Robots vs. Kaiju with Idris Elba and also Charlie Day.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    so if anyone goes to see this and there's a guy in the theater going DOPE, DOPE, SO DOPE

that is me

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Got to meet with the friends I'll be seeing this with.

Convinced them that giant fucking robots fighting giant fucking monsters deserves to be seen on a giant fucking screen. We're still undecided on 3D though (stupid costs).

Saw the IMAX 3D trailer

It was something, let me tell you

Something amazing

I saw Iron Man 3, twice, hoping to see a trailer for this on a theater screen. No luck.

newSig.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

dear god let him build a jaeger

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    I love how the entire explanation for the giant robots is 'we built them because reasons'.

Like, I can think of a million more effective ways to fight giant aliens but none are anywhere near as cool as giant robots.

The best kind of robots.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    giant robots are civilization

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    giant robots are civilization

No that's pacific rim 2

When there's a kaiju the size of a city and they have to deploy a city-sized jaeger with 10,000 people piloting it and forming a society within the robot

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I love how the entire explanation for the giant robots is 'we built them because reasons'.

Like, I can think of a million more effective ways to fight giant aliens but none are anywhere near as cool as giant robots.

The best kind of robots.

Chicks

Dig

Giant Robots

• Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    keep-calm-and-build-giant-robots_zps1232bcc2.png

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    CHAIN.

SAW.

SWORD.

The Emperor Protects us from Kaiju!

I'm actually given to understand that Gipsy Danger's sword doesn't work like a chainsaw, but is a length of razor sharp chain that can be used as a whip or garrote, and can snap into a sword shape via a powerful magnetic field.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    CHAIN.

SAW.

SWORD.

I'm actually given to understand that Gipsy Danger's sword doesn't work like a chainsaw, but is a length of razor sharp chain that can be used as a whip or garrote, and can snap into a sword shape via a powerful magnetic field.

link please

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    CHAIN.

SAW.

SWORD.

You sure you weren't just watching Iria?

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    CHAIN.

SAW.

SWORD.

You sure you weren't just watching Iria?

goddamn you're old

and me too I guess

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Lets all be old together

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    In fairness they have whip sword thingies in Warhammer too, so Nemo wasn't totally off base either way.

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Iria and ako and bko and everything else on Saturday mornings on scifi was probably my earliest exposure to animu.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Back when you bought new what people now buy used

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    you mean steal

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Got to meet with the friends I'll be seeing this with.

Convinced them that giant fucking robots fighting giant fucking monsters deserves to be seen on a giant fucking screen. We're still undecided on 3D though (stupid costs).

Saw the IMAX 3D trailer

It was something, let me tell you

Something amazing

I saw Iron Man 3, twice, hoping to see a trailer for this on a theater screen. No luck.

Go see Star Trek, that should have it.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    CHAIN.

SAW.

SWORD.

Hmm... I'm not sure if that's more cool, or less cool.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Ad astra wrote: »
    CHAIN.

SAW.

SWORD.

the fact that you're even asking tells me you haven't played a Soulcalibur game, and haven't seen The Brotherhood of the Wolf.

edited May 2013
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    CHAIN.

SAW.

SWORD.

the fact that you're even asking tells me you haven't played a Soulcalibur game, and haven't seen The Brotherhood of the Wolf.

One of the very first console games I ever played was from the Soulcaliber series.... I haven't seen The Brotherhood of the Wolf though.

Make no mistake, I realize that chainwhips are cool, but a skyscraper sized chainsaw might be cooler.

Ad astra on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I think I need to see this trailer, because right now I still think the pinnacle of human weaponry is the boat-club.

newSig.jpg
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Chain whips are everywhere in the 90s manga Battle Angel Alita, too.

pacific rim is bring it back

chain whips are back in style yo

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    You are clearly forgetting the best chain whip of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaVM9MUp-lc

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    that looks like a regular whip

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    Chain whips are everywhere in the 90s manga Battle Angel Alita, too.

Hell, there was that one guy with chainsaw whips.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • SayuriUlianaSayuriUliana Registered User regular
    TV Spot 2, with a few new scenes thrown in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXlTHnFA3h8

JAEGER DROP

Can we just skip over June, and get to July?

Because I need this movie.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What is a kaiju?
    A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    It's good to see some more tv spots popping up. I would really like to see the studio promote the heck out of this.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Buttcleft on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Ahhh, Megas XLR.

A show that went before its time.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

No. My birthday is in June.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

Only if we can make a pitstop on june 14th.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

No. My birthday is in June.

so you get a free year without aging, what's the problem

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    C'mon you apes, you wanna live forever?

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    yes

0BnD8l3.gif
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I don't know about forever but I'd settle for making it to the next century

This discussion has been closed.