As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dishonored - The [Phalla] for Dunwall - Bottle Street Gang Wins!* Also lady emily

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    OH, someone from the mafia, post the suck/blow conversation
    that shit was gold

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, what was the error in the orders the night before the last?

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting, TRV.
    Didn't have time to keep up on it after my death but I'm sure fun things happened.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    OminousLozenge December 18
    By the by,
    If I should die,
    Please stab Typhus in the eye.

Oh my gods.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    @GrimmyTOA I asked Xemus to work with you but figured the deal was too good to be true. Especially since all we needed was one more day to win. c'est la guerre

What I should have done was work with jdark but I have serious trust issues with that guy. Especially since he had two kills a night there was just no way to control that sort of chaos.

@TheRoadVirus Working on it. Gonna take a sec to get it all formatted up. :P

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, what was the error in the orders the night before the last?
    The mafia switched their kill order off SeGaTai.
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    GrimmyTOA I asked Xemus to work with you but figured the deal was too good to be true. Especially since all we needed was one more day to win. c'est la guerre

What I should have done was work with jdark but I have serious trust issues with that guy. Especially since he had two kills a night there was just no way to control that sort of chaos.
    "If I stab you in the back, it'll be to your face. And you'll be armed."

I think I could say that I didn't betray anyone this game.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, my plan was to work with Xemus, reveal you to the thread via a surrogate to have you killed, and then betray Xemus the next day. I wasn't sure that the math would work out, but I knew damn well we were going to lose if I didn't do something, so I went for it.

I figured that sort of moral ambiguity was right up Soklov's alley anyway.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Mafia's last orders said to kill grimmy and gandalf
    I had their previous orders due to not refreshing the page, so it killed sega and malkor. Sega was a bomb who was targeting mikey, so the kill ended up killing the mafia vig.
    Had that not happened, the mafia would have still had both kills, and things could've gone much differently perhaps maybe

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    By the by,
    If I should die,

Oh my gods.

I looked up the name Typhus gave me and it came up as an FBI character in a completely different video game. Seemed fishy. I figured if I died that night it would have been from reaching out to him. Turns out Typhus didn't last the night anyway, probably for outing himself as blue is my guess.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    By the by,
    If I should die,

Oh my gods.

I looked up the name Typhus gave me and it came up as an FBI character in a completely different video game. Seemed fishy. I figured if I died that night it would have been from reaching out to him. Turns out Typhus didn't last the night anyway, probably for outing himself as blue is my guess.

Hah, yea, I gave you the name Francis York Morgan (but you can call me York) for anyone wondering :3

You asked me for a name and it would have been lame/boring to just say I had no name thus...
    I didn't think you'd take me seriously about that, I assumed saying I was a Lower Guard would be enough to figure I was just a vanillager for the blue faction.

Typhus733 on
    edited December 2012
    Also mafia proboard http://fyoumakingmedothis.freeforums.net/index.cgi?

Its kinda dry because, well, after a while I was the only person posting even if I wasn't the only one play.

Mafia chat as requested:
    December 13
    MIKEYCTS - You are Corvo Attano of the Loyalist Conspiracy.

You seek to overthrow the Lord Regent and put the rightful heir on the throne. You are a most exceptional fighter, and there are few who can compare to one of your skill. You are a VIG and may choose one target every night to kill.
    The Loyalist Conspiracy wins when they outnumber both the City Watch and Bottle Street Gang.

FIARYN - You are Trevor Pendleton of the Loyalist Conspiracy.

You seek to overthrow the Lord Regent and put the rightful heir on the throne. You are on the council, along with your twin brothers Morgan and Custis. You despise them and what they stand for. You are a VOTE MANIPULATOR and your vote counts as 2. For every one of your brothers that dies, your vote counts as one more.
    The Loyalist Conspiracy wins when they outnumber both the City Watch and Bottle Street Gang.

CESAREB - You are Piero Joplin of the Loyalist Conspiracy.

You seek to overthrow the Lord Regent and put the rightful heir on the throne. You are a brilliant inventor, possibly the greatest of your time. You have devised an instrument that allows you to mimic the abilities of others. Each night, you may choose a target (non-mafia) and copy their abilities onto yourself. The next night, you may use this ability. The machine only copies the ability for one use and must be used again if you wish to copy another ability.

OBIFETT - You are A Loyal Guardsman of the Loyalist Conspiracy.

You seek to overthrow the Lord Regent and put the rightful heir on the throne. You patrol the streets at night with the rest of the City Watch. None of them know your true allegiance, though. Each night, you may ROLEBLOCK a person and prevent them from using any abilities.

XEMUS - You are Teague Martin of the Loyalist Conspiracy.

You seek to overthrow the Lord Regent and put the rightful heir on the throne. You recieved much training in your time as an Overseer. As such, you feel that you are able to take on any job that needs doing. When a member of the Conspiracy dies, you will take on their role.

MILLYou are Admiral Havelock of the Loyalist Conspiracy.

You seek to overthrow the Lord Regent and put the rightful heir on the throne. You have seen many of your friends die to the City Watch and to the plague infecting the city. You won't let it happen to anyone else as long as you draw breath. You are a GUARD and can protect someone of your choosing from offensive abilities used against them.
    ObiFett wrote:
    December 13
    I'M THE ONLY ONE WITHOUT A COOL NAME?!?!?

Just generic guardsman over here.

Feel free to bring me on any dangerous away missions and/or send me off by myself if there is a killer around.
    December 13
    I RAN OUT OF THINGS D:
    Mikey CTS wrote:
    December 13
    Wow. Alright then, first time as both mafia and a vig. Any advice?
    December 13
    If it helps, look at that guy. He's the BEST VIG.
    -back to shadows-
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    My preliminary suggestion is...murder Langly. And guard MikeyCTS. I have some PMs to go through. Fuck I need a cover story.

Fairyn December 13
    Premium and Langly have both come to me claiming to be some variety of neutral.

Langly is claiming to be a sort of village idiot that wins under any circumstances except being vigged. Voted out or still alive, he still wins.

Premium is some sort of survival neutral. Mafia, SK, village, he don't care.
    December 13
    Do you guys want cover roles? I can throw some together real quick
    Mikey CTS wrote:
    December 13
    Doesn't Langly always claim neutral? That's kind of his thing, isn't it?

December 13
    I think cover roles would be awesome.
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    Langly is usually pretty straight up with me. Sometimes moreso than he should be given that I ran cackling into the night with the roles of literally everyone in the game when I was mafia in V:tM.

And yeah some cover roles would be nice given that I mean

I only have cursory knowledge of the setting.
    December 13
    Basically the village is broken up into two factions. You have the city watch (blue) and the bottle street gang (green)
    Everyone's VC is to murder the shit out of the other factions.

Vanilla for the watch is the Lower Guard
    You are a Lower Guard, member of the City Watch.

You are victorious when The Loyalist Conspiracy and Bottle Street Gang are wiped out.

Vanilla for the gang is a thug
    You are a Thug of the Bottle Street Gang.

You are sick of the City Watch trying to oppress you and your friends.
    You are victorious when both the Loyalist Conspiracy and City Watch are eradicated.
    Mikey CTS wrote:
    December 13
    Thank you, TRV. I'll have to think on which one I should claim.
    CesareB wrote:
    December 13
    It's a faction game. You don't need to make a claim.
    Mikey wrote:
    CTS December 13
    Yeah, I read through it and realized that. I guess that will make my first mafia expereince a little easier.
    CesareB wrote:
    December 13
    Except Langly is probably lying and is going to compile a list of everyone and then use that to take town the mafia while positioning his group for the win.

Again.
    Mikey CTS wrote:
    December 13
    Yeah. Anialos is pressuring me to reveal my role. There's going to be a concerted effort by the village to have a list of everyone's roles.
    CesareB wrote:
    December 13
    He sort of asked me the same thing. I said vanillager but didn't indicate which side. He hasn't actually asked.
    Mill wrote:
    December 13
    I'll see if I can get some details out of premium on what he needs to do. Apparently, he has something he has to do that will take a few days. If it doesn't screw us over, I'm willing to let him do it since a non-mafia leaving victorious is just as good as having them killed for us.
    Mikey CTS wrote:
    December 13
    Okay. Good. CesareB, I'll drop that and hopefully he'll leave it alone. Thank you.
    Mill wrote:
    December 13
    So according to premium, he picks someone that he needs to keep alive for the rest of the game. He has no means to keep them from being killed, he just has to make sure that when the game ends, the person he has chosen is still alive. Also if his current target dies, he gets to pick a new one if he is still alive.
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    I'm gonna claim Bottle Street when pressed.

Fiaryn December 13
    Also Premium has claimed the same thing to me.
    Mill wrote:
    December 13
    I'm wondering if there is a little more to his role than he is revealing. It might be worth copying him tonight if none of the non-loyalists make it obvious that they have a useful power.
    December 13
    If you guys wanna make a proboard or something for consolidated orders and such, that'd be super
    ObiFett wrote:
    December 13
    we need to kill anialos day one. he's being weird.
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    Yeah Anialos is tripping some alarms.

Fiaryn December 13
    I genuinely do not believe Langly is a threat this game.
    ObiFett wrote:
    December 13
    best thing would be to get the village to vote him out today, though. nice way to make day one even more worthless vote-wise.

ObiFett December 13
    talking about langly
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    This is true.
    Mill wrote:
    December 13
    So latest PM from anialos

Hopefully there isn't any faction stuff until the mafia are under control. There is another neutral out there methinks.

Asked him why he thought there was another, response was this.

I've heard it from multiple people, and two people claiming different flavors of it.
    CesareB wrote:
    December 13
    Wait, ani's a neutral too?
    ObiFett wrote:
    December 13
    if he was he wouldn't be being so weird about it.

he's gotta go.
    Mill wrote:
    December 13
    Yeah, I think he might be a village special.
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    Here's my conversation with Anialos.

Anialos
    Green=best, Blue=okay, Red=DIE DIE DIE

Fiaryn
    That is the correct opinion to have. THis is a gamble but eh what the fuck why not.

I am...a Bottle Street Gang Thug. I have some sympathetic friends amongst the Guard, because of which I have a two point vote.

Not exactly thrilling stuff but there you go.

Anialos
    Since you showed me yours, I'll show you a bit of mine. Ironically the cat is a Wolfhound this time. I'm so darn loyal I can keep people from harm.

Current orders are to protect one of them neutrals so they can help us outnumber them mafias.

Fairyn December 13
    I think I just got one of the village guards to out to me, gentlemen.
    ObiFett wrote:
    December 13
    oh anialos.

scary thing is that if you are the only person he has outed himself to, it will look really bad if he dies.

I can just roleblock him until I die.
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    I dunno, I think we can get away with it. He's soft networking enough that he could have credibly tripped the mafia's radar either way.

Fiaryn December 13
    If anything, roleblocking him suggests more intimate knowledge than killing him does.
    CesareB wrote:
    December 13
    I don't see why fiaryn being the only person he's told would be a bad thing. The only person who would know is him and he'd be dead...
    Mill wrote:
    December 13
    Yeah, he's was pinging the special radar and I only had three PMs from him. I think we would get away because several people would point out that he wasn't doing a good job hiding his specialness.

So the question is, do we want to have Cesare copy his guard ability tonight?
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    Unless we out MORE village specials with more useful abilities, I don't see why not. Kill him and eat his heart to gain his power.
    ObiFett wrote:
    December 13
    I'm cool with it then.

I'd prefer to sit on the knowledge and use it to destroy the village when they think they are safe.
    CesareB wrote:
    December 13
    I dunno, what good is having an extra guard that we won't know where to place and can only use tomorrow? I think the best use of my power is as an action seer with benefits.
    December 13
    CLARIFICATION: You can keep the guard to use whenever. You just have to use your doodad afterwards if you want to use more powers.
    I.E. You can't suck a power once and use it more than once.
    It's SUCK > USE > SUCK > USE. Timing is up to you
    CesareB wrote:
    December 13
    So I can suck > suck > suck > use > use > use if I want?
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    So he can't store more than one power at once?
    December 13
    You can only have one power at a time. I was just saying that you don't HAVE to use it the next day
    ObiFett wrote:
    December 13
    I laughed too hard at cesarebs last pm.
    Mil wrote:
    l December 13
    Right now we have four choices for the power.

1. randomly pick one of the 21 people, we don't know anything about, to see if we get something.
    2. copy Ani's guard
    3. drop it on premium and see if we can get a better understanding of his role (may or may not net something useful).
    4. drop it on Langly and see if we can get a better understanding of his role (may or many not net something useful).
    December 13
    ORDER HAS TO BE SUCK > USE > SUCK > USE.
    You are allowed to wait days between suck and use and suckagain
    ObiFett wrote:
    December 13
    we are gonna need to pick a different word.

maybe absorb?

because I can't keep laughing in public like this.
    December 13
    how about SUCK > SPIT
    CesareB wrote:
    December 13
    See, at this point in the game, I don't think that, on day 2, a guard is useful enough to waste the info-gathering potential of my ability.

What I'm saying is, I'd rather not suck Anialos. But obviously I'm going to suck someone...
    Mill wrote:
    December 13
    Man, we're going to have to share this PM conversation post game.
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    We really need to find the vig so we can pin him down with roleblocks and suck on him ad nauseum.

Fiaryn December 13
    This is the most recent PM I've gotten from IronWeasel

"If I survive the night, I will tell you with 100% honesty tomorrow. Deal? "

Can we roleblock him just in case he's a Seer planning to validate me? :tinfoil:
    CesareB wrote:
    December 13
    Because that wouldn't look suspicious at all
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    True. It's sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation if that really is what he's doing.

Fiaryn December 13
    But I suppose then I'd have plausible deniability in that he never stated he was going to validate me via seering.

Fiaryn December 13
    It is after all

~speculation~
    CesareB wrote:
    December 13
    And besides, Iron Weasel probably won't exercise a ton of influence either way.
    Mikey CTS wrote:
    December 14
    Iron Weasel seems to have convinced himself that this is a straight street faction with the mafia on equal footing.

Also, premium came to me with the same neutral claim. He was vague as to his victory except that it wasn't survival.
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 14
    Gandalf the Crazed had this to say. Premium put me in contact with him as a "fellow Bottle Street Gang".

"Well interestingly enough, I am also a vote manipple. I get to cancel out one person's vote each day.

Working together, we can cause shenanigans."
    Mill wrote:
    December 14
    So is Mikey our only source of kills or do we have a group kill? Sorry if I missed it.

Also who wants to do the proboard? I'd do it but it wouldn't have a witty name. Would also make sending orders easier if TRV lets us have a thread where you submit them in.
    ObiFett wrote:
    December 14
    YES PLEASE PROBOARD

ObiFett December 14
    Thats not me volunteering though, I am (or should be) studying for my final today.
    December 14
    Oh you also have a group kill. I forgot to post that. Derp

TheRoadVirus December 14
    @Xemus, remember to post/vote today! That's my only reminder
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 14
    He hasn't responded to this conversation at all, or posted in the thread. Beginning to grow concerned there!
    December 14
    Someone get a proboard up!
    I COMMAND IT
    Mikey CTS wrote:
    December 14
    Okay fine I'll do it. Never done it before but I'll figure it out.
    December 14
    proboards.com
    make up a name.
    post link.
    people will tell you how to customize it.
    I always fuck that part up
    Mikey CTS wrote:
    December 14
    http://fyoumakingmedothis.freeforums.net/index.cgi?

There. Now we can get some work done.
    December 14
    ahahahahahahahahahaha
    Mikey CTS wrote:
    December 14
    I guess I should like give you admin rights?
    December 14
    I just need to read, not post. basic rights for me are fine. Admin rights for everyone else, though, so they can edit order posts and such

Mikey CTS on
    SUCK > SPIT > SUCK > SPIT

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote:
    December 13
    We really need to find the vig so we can pin him down with roleblocks and suck on him ad nauseum.

edited December 2012
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Yeah, my plan was to work with Xemus, reveal you to the thread via a surrogate to have you killed, and then betray Xemus the next day. I wasn't sure that the math would work out, but I knew damn well we were going to lose if I didn't do something, so I went for it.

I figured that sort of moral ambiguity was right up Soklov's alley anyway.

Which is exactly why I told him, being already revealed, to go ahead and work with you but not to even reveal there was another mafia in the game. Good times.

Edit: Oh, and why you were on the real murder list last night.

Mikey CTS on
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    So yeah to sum it up guys, I got home with 10 minutes to spare only to discover Megafrost had convinced Spool to go after ebum because he thought ebum was a mafia busdriver and not really blue. So thanks to Megafrost (who we're killing) ebum is dying FOR us, allowing me to put our kill directly on spool.

Damn. I really should have confronted ebum directly.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Nobody saw me as a threat even though I was pinpointing mafia :P

Oh well. I wasn't too vocal about it anyway.

Megafrost wrote: »
    So yeah to sum it up guys, I got home with 10 minutes to spare only to discover Megafrost had convinced Spool to go after ebum because he thought ebum was a mafia busdriver and not really blue. So thanks to Megafrost (who we're killing) ebum is dying FOR us, allowing me to put our kill directly on spool.
    This is partly my fault. I should have told you that I was having ebum seered.

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Megafrost wrote: »
    This is partly my fault. I should have told you that I was having ebum seered.

Main reason I told Spool about my suspicion was that I didn't fully trust you and wanted to make sure at least two people knew.

Megafrost on
    Ah. I didn't share any information about anyone until I knew their faction. Sorry. :)

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So I was busdriven, seered, vigged, guarded, and roleblocked night one?

D:
    You were bus driven (to premium) because of ebum. So you could grudge him.
    You were vigged, care of ebum (to premium) because of me. But I intentionally targeted you, so you could probably grudge me.

I think you were also guarded by the mafia guard, but I don't know about roleblocked. If that was the case, I'd think that it would have been transferred to me, and I wouldn't have gotten a kill Night 1. But maybe I didn't; so you could grudge the other vig, but he wasn't trying to vig you.

You were seered because of GrimmyTOA, care of ebum (to premium), care of Megafrost (to jdarksun), due to host error (should have been jdark<->stever, not jdark<->premium).
    You were vigged again because of REG Rysk, care of ebum (to premium), care of Megafrost (to jdarksun), due to host error (should have been jdark<->stever, not jdark<->premium).
    Pretty sure I guarded ObiFett (too?).

My reward was murder.

Phalla, ladies and gentlemen.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    Put your neck out for someone. Watch as that very person chops it off.
    Then sign up for the next game!

edited December 2012

D:
    You were vigged, care of ebum (to premium) because of me. But I intentionally targeted you, so you could probably grudge me.

I think you were also guarded by the mafia guard, but I don't know about roleblocked. If that was the case, I'd think that it would have been transferred to me, and I wouldn't have gotten a kill Night 1. But maybe I didn't; so you could grudge the other vig, but he wasn't trying to vig you.

You were seered because of GrimmyTOA, care of ebum (to premium), care of Megafrost (to jdarksun), due to host error (should have been jdark<->stever, not jdark<->premium).
    You were vigged again because of REG Rysk, care of ebum (to premium), care of Megafrost (to jdarksun), due to host error (should have been jdark<->stever, not jdark<->premium).

My reward was murder.

If it helps I felt really bad about murdering you. :cry:

Mikey CTS on
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

D:

My reward was murder.

If it helps I felt really bad about murdering you. :cry:
    We hates it forever!
    Nah, we cool
    But I will have my revenge!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Lesson learned mafia, lesson learned. I think. At least you didn't want to suck on me....

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    Lesson learned mafia, lesson learned. I think. At least you didn't want to suck on me....

I'm very choosy.

Also, who killed me? And why?

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    Anialos wrote: »

I'm very choosy.

Also, who killed me? And why?

De-

lightful.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    And with this game concluding I announce my retirement from Phalla. Players have become lazy with their votes, and I admit to being a part of that problem.

I was indicted for not providing a reason for my vote, I responded with a reason, I was voted for by more people. This is not the first time it has happened, nor would it be the last. The game is designed to be played against other people. The personality matters a great deal in how you play, or rather, it should.

I've made some good friends here, and experienced some legitimately great scenarios because of this game. I'd expect those people know who they are.

REG Rysk wrote: »
    And with this game concluding I announce my retirement from Phalla. Players have become lazy with their votes, and I admit to being a part of that problem.

I was indicted for not providing a reason for my vote, I responded with a reason, I was voted for by more people. This is not the first time it has happened, nor would it be the last. The game is designed to be played against other people. The personality matters a great deal in how you play, or rather, it should.

I've made some good friends here, and experienced some legitimately great scenarios because of this game. I'd expect those people know who they are.

Not to be that guy, but...faction game is faction game.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    It isn't about this game alone.

Also nobody knew my faction going into day 2 since my soft network contacts were dead on day 1.

REG Rysk wrote: »

I wish you wouldn't go, but the choice is ultimately yours to make. Keep in touch at least?

Srsly though, what did you guys like/not like?
    Be brutally honest. I can take it!
    I want to know what to fix for if/when I do this again

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Srsly though, what did you guys like/not like?
    Be brutally honest. I can take it!
    I want to know what to fix for if/when I do this again

The narrations needed more color!

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    You mean in the list of the dead? As long as the narration provides sufficient clues, I thought not color-coding things was actually an interesting twist. Make people work for things (and jump to conclusions).

It seemed like the faction leaders should have started masoned with one other member of their faction. Has anyone tried that in a faction game, and does it throw things off too much?

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
    It's just easier for me to tell at a glance, that's all. I really got no complaints, just stating a preference.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    It's just easier for me to tell at a glance, that's all. I really got no complaints, just stating a preference.

I like uncolored kills sometimes.
    It makes confirming the vig less certain, which makes for a more interesting game.

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Things I liked:

The various factions seemed pretty well balanced. I mean they were all overpowered, but at least they were overpowered together
    Premium's role was really cool. It's too bad he died day 1.
    My role was pretty cool too. Basically an action seer who gets to use whatever power he sees. Makes for some interesting decisions.
    Uncolored kills do work really well.

Things I didn't particularly like:

Too many busdrivers. 1 busdriver is almost too many for a mini. 3, along with someone who absorbs powers, is just out of control. And obviously they cause an accounting nightmare.
    The bombs could probably have been better designed, just in my opinion. I know they didn't really come into effect but they seemed a little off, especially in what would have happened if they lost the vote.
    The narrations could have been a little more precise in order to account for uncolored kills.
    Speaking of narrations, while everyone appreciates when they're quick, there's no need to rush. If being 100% accurate takes an extra half hour, then take an extra half hour. :)

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting this TRV.

I agree with CesareB's likes.

On the dislikes:
    -Agreed, there were too many busdrivers. I'd say one is probably more than enough for a mini, and that still might be too much. I'm finding that busdrivers are an obnoxious roll where they should be limited in numbers and probably frequency in power use (every other day, mechanic that limits consecutive uses, one time deal, each day have to choose new targets and/or wincon involves killing someone hilariously with busdriving).

-Didn't really care for the concept of bombs in this game. I like the idea behind them blowing up if they get voted out. Having to target someone then hope they detonate you, if I read it right, seems really lame. I would just limit their detonation to only happen they get voted out (perhaps put a cap on how many players die in that scenario, could be increased if multiple weepers die in the process and survivors would be determined by RNG). I don't like how the concept essentially gives the village a no consequence vig kill, if you guess someone is mafia vig or SK, just pretend to let slip you're a major special and then see if they kill you, laugh when they die too.

-Yeah, take longer if you needed it to make sure things are correct. I'd hope everyone would appreciate that since a screw up could fuck them over.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    @Reg Rysk

Take care and see you around. Maybe come back in 6 months or so and try it out again after a nice healthy break if you're burnt out.

Scattered thoughts:

1. The uncolored kills are excellent.

2. I like the fact that you always mentioned "curfew" at vote close. Thematic fluff, maybe. But it made me extremely hesitant to post anything between vote close and narration, I wasn't sure if there was some mechanic at work there.

3. Were the factions uneven in numbers? That seems odd. I don't know that it was unbalanced, though.

4. The progression of strictures in the narration was good, too. Made me wonder what was going on there, mechanically.

5. This isn't a comment on the game design, really, but I gotta say I was scared as shit that the Weepers were a conversion cult and I was gonna get left out.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    Scattered thoughts:

1. The uncolored kills are excellent.

2. I like the fact that you always mentioned "curfew" at vote close. Thematic fluff, maybe. But it made me extremely hesitant to post anything between vote close and narration, I wasn't sure if there was some mechanic at work there.

3. Were the factions uneven in numbers? That seems odd. I don't know that it was unbalanced, though.

4. The progression of strictures in the narration was good, too. Made me wonder what was going on there, mechanically.

5. This isn't a comment on the game design, really, but I gotta say I was scared as shit that the Weepers were a conversion cult and I was gonna get left out.

1) glad you liked it. Figured they fit in a game based around stealth and subterfuge.

2) just fluff! Hehe

3)bottle street had one less, but had the bombs and no vanillagers

4)just thought they were fun fluff

5)i saw you freaking out :p