As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a compass. It points north, John. [L O S T]

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    John Locke & Ben Linus are two of my favorite characters ever in all of fiction.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Yes, I think the story arcs of Locke and Ben are two of the best to grace television

In fact I thought this show did character arcs better than any show had ever done

Until Breaking Bad came out

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I want Michael Emerson to be a Batman villain so badly.

He'd be so good....

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Yes, I think the story arcs of Locke and Ben are two of the best to grace television

In fact I thought this show did character arcs better than any show had ever done

the wire

• Options
    @Tasteticile, I love that when you boil down John Locke & Ben Linus you get:
    That John just wanted to keep being special and Ben wanted to be special.

Such a great, pure dynamic between them two & themselves.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Sorry Tasteticle, I am moving my agree over to Rolo.

broken image link
  • Options
    Rolo wrote: »

the wire

I really liked the wire but for some reason it did not grab hold of me, I did not become too invested in the characters

I realize I am virtually alone with this opinion

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Zonugal wrote: »

That line MIB gave Ben...
    "Do you want to know the last thought that Locke had before he died? 'I don't understand'."

Fucking man

Tasteticle on

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    John Locke & Ben Linus are two of my favorite characters ever in all of fiction.
    "No John, unfortunately we don't have a code for 'there's a man in my closet with a gun to my daughter's head.' Although, we obviously should."

• Options
    one thing I can't stand about lost is the use of knocking people unconscious as a plot device, in one episode it happened like five or six times to various characters

also that the characters would sometimes spontaneously lose 50-100 IQ points when they had to get themselves kidnapped or separated or moved around

• Options
    also I wish I had sniped this thread so the first reply was

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT

• Options
    GalyGaly Registered User regular
    ugggh

i loved this show

but i watched every episode as they aired over 6 years from pilot to finale and it nearly lost me at times

i envy you people who get to watch it all on dvd

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    one thing I can't stand about lost is the use of knocking people unconscious as a plot device, in one episode it happened like five or six times to various characters

also that the characters would sometimes spontaneously lose 50-100 IQ points when they had to get themselves kidnapped or separated or moved around

All that concussive head trauma led to the loss of IQ points, obviously!

• Options
    GalyGaly Registered User regular

THEY TOOK MY SON

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod

the wire

I'm currently into Season 3 of The Wire and I still don't think it compares to Breaking Bad.

I certainly like it, though.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Galy wrote: »

THEY TOOK MY SON

RIGHT OUT OF MY HANDS

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    YOU ALL EVERYBODY

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    love this show

I watched the whole thing again over summer, livetweeting it the whole time. I hadn't planned on watching it but one night after I finished watching something else on netflix I was like WELL WHY NOT

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I changed the topic title to something that new viewers can't easily infer spoilers from.

It was either going to be that or "Not every nook and cranny, John!"

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    My wife and I watched the whole show over the summer and by the end I was like fuck this show forever and I still feel that way.

Also this is a really good recent article about LOST if you haven't seen it already.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I remember one time watching this show with my mother, the episode previous was about jack and sawyer going off and doing something

and the episode we were watching was called something like "what kate does" and it was all about kate doing awful shit that got in everybody's way what the hell kate

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I remember one time watching this show with my mother, the episode previous was about jack and sawyer going off and doing something

and the episode we were watching was called something like "what kate does" and it was all about kate doing awful shit that got in everybody's way what the hell kate

I cant figure out which episode that is because you just described every single episode of the series.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Lost's strength has always been its character stories, and I love it so much for that. The actual plot was real neat sometimes, especially season 2 (holy shit that ending), but its always been the characters for me.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Galy wrote: »
    ugggh

i loved this show

but i watched every episode as they aired over 6 years from pilot to finale and it nearly lost me at times

i envy you people who get to watch it all on dvd

Nah man. The anticipation. The discussion and theories during the week/breaks. That was where it was at.

Edit / Also the pilot remains one of the best if not the best pilot I've ever seen.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah the pilot is goddamn amazing. The first 10 to 20 minutes, holy shit.

• Options

"Do you want to know the last thought that Locke had before he died? 'I don't understand'."

Fucking man

Dude...
    "Oh... so now, after all this time... you've decided to stop ignoring me. Thirty-five years I lived on this island, and all I ever heard was your name, over and over. Richard would bring me your instructions, all those slips of paper, all those lists... and I never questioned anything. I did as I was told. But when I dared to ask to see you myself, I was told, "You have to wait. You have to be patient." But when he asks to see you, he gets marched up here as if he was Moses. So why him? Hmm? What was it that was so wrong with me? What about me?

"What about you."

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    This is relevant to your interests.

(It's an interview with Damon Lindelof about writing, and he talks for length and quite frankly about Lost.)

Legba on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I remember almost breaking down crying from Ben's look at Alex in this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZNHRIMpkcs

God damn is Michael Emerson a great actor.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I watched the entirety of the first and second seasons and then the last three episodes of the last season and

I unreservedly love LOST!

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I miss this show, and talking about it with all of you sooooo much!

Also, I loved the series finale. :)

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    This is one of my favorite exchanges of dialogue in the whole series.
    Ben: I'm sorry, John. I'm sorry for what I did to you. I was angry. Selfish. I wanted everything you had.
    Locke: What did I have?
    Ben: You were special. And I wasn't.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular

Fucking man

Dude...
    "Oh... so now, after all this time... you've decided to stop ignoring me. Thirty-five years I lived on this island, and all I ever heard was your name, over and over. Richard would bring me your instructions, all those slips of paper, all those lists... and I never questioned anything. I did as I was told. But when I dared to ask to see you myself, I was told, "You have to wait. You have to be patient." But when he asks to see you, he gets marched up here as if he was Moses. So why him? Hmm? What was it that was so wrong with me? What about me?

"What about you."

Oh god yes, I loved this scene.

Ben was a great character. Didn't hurt that Emerson was fantastic in the role.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Fucking man

"What about you?"

• Options
    edited December 2012

Fucking man

"What about you?"

What about you?

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Lost is, hands down, my favorite show.

• Options
    I really liked the Series finale, thought it answered just enough to be satisfying without ruining the mystery.
    Definitely didn't cry when Vincent lied down by Jack

Nope

Just some dust in both my eyes

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    What about you?

Such a fucking sick burn goddamn

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Never watched Lost. Was the finale more aggravating than the BSG finale?

I loved the Lost finale and hated the BSG finale

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Lost's finale is better hands down

• Options
    I would call that damning with faint praise but I liked the LOST finale so whatever

2x39jD4.jpg