As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a compass. It points north, John. [L O S T]

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    (Major Spoilers, and not what it appears to be at first)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-8HRjc_oYw

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    I also loved (late spoilers)
    How in the Jacob/MIB episode, Jacob was excitable, questioning, brash and impatient

But as he exists in the present, he is totally relaxed, focused, patient, and he just seems exhausted

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The season five finale

I don't think I've ever discussed, theorized about or flat-out repeatedly watched anything as much as I watched that

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mark Pellegrino and Titus Welliver had some other little webisodes that they did
    they were all delightful

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Mark Pellegrino and Titus Welliver had some other little webisodes that they did
    they were all delightful

Yeah, "Totally Lost:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRzdYS1zWrw

The rest should be in the related videos.

• Options
    Season 2 intro for best season intro (spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7GkdaLSxeQ

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Did they ever explain how the hatch
    has a modern washer and dryer?

• Options
    Also if I may gush for a moment with regards to how they handled the numbers
    Dharma was on this island running crazy ass experiments to try and change the 6 core values (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) to an equation they had that predicted the end of the world. By doing this they would fundamentally alter the equation and save the world.

Jacob had these exact values assigned to six of the main characters from the series.

He changed one of them (Jack), and Jack went on to most likely save the world.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Man the season 1 finale....just man. No other show got me hooked like that last shot.

Like I enjoyed the show till that point, and then
    the light turns on

And I was just blown away.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Did they ever explain how the hatch
    has a modern washer and dryer?

yup!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t2oMWn5kSE

In other words, regular, automated supply drops for the various stations that Ben decided to keep going when he 'took over'

Tasteticle on

• Options
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Dharma was on this island running crazy ass experiments to try and change the 6 core values (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) to an equation they had that predicted the end of the world. By doing this they would fundamentally alter the equation and save the world.

Jacob had these exact values assigned to six of the main characters from the series.

I also like how that joke video of Jacob and the Man-in-Black at the top of the page actually did do it's research. Locke is indeed Candidate #4. (8 is Hurley, 15 is Sawyer, 16 is Sayid, 23 is Jack, and 42 is Jin).

• Options
    I love The New Man in Charge a whole bunch

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    Tasteticle wrote: »

I also like how that joke video of Jacob and the Man-in-Black at the top of the page actually did do it's research. Locke is indeed Candidate #4. (8 is Hurley, 15 is Sawyer, 16 is Sayid, 23 is Jack, and 42 is Jin).

Well that video was made by the writers and can be considered cannon, they said

mostly just to stick it to some annoying fans

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The season five finale

I don't think I've ever discussed, theorized about or flat-out repeatedly watched anything as much as I watched that

Season five's finale may be the greatest television experience I have ever witnessed.

I was watching it with my college's theater department, a usual group of 10-15 people who gathered every week, and when the reveal of what was in the steel box occurred... Well we lost our shit. We started screaming in a bestial manner than crying than a combination of both. Some of us started hyperventilating and shaking.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I like that the final Season 5 reveal was shot the exact same way as the Season 4 reveal
    Both of them also ultimately revealing Locke's corpse

• Options
    Lost is also a strong candidate for the theory that spoilers can actually encourage new viewers rather than dissuading them

Obviously it varies on an individual basis

I had no interest in the show until hearing about the Dharma Initiative, and that was around the mid-season three break. Bought season 1 (back when that shit was still $50), tore through it in a weekend and immediately bought season two afterward and did the same

As season three aired but I was unable to watch (as I was not caught up), I started loaning out my DVD sets at work and eventually got nearly everyone in my entire department hooked on Lost, and when season three hit DVD a few of us purchased it and passed it around real quick so that everyone would be caught up and ready for season four

For seasons four through six, we all saved our lunch hours to synchronize with that week's airing of Lost. The department just stopped and we headed to the break room, commandeered the TV and flipped it to ABC.

People from other departments would see all the crazy season four shit, would see that this was much more than a simple show about stranded airplane passengers, and then they too were eventually caught up.

tl;dr Lost was a virus in my workplace.

• Options
    I don't think spoilers dissuading people is really the issue with spoilers. It's that it can cheapen the overall feeling you get when what was spoiled is revealed.

It's a little surprising that spoilers for Lost would encourage people though, because they tend to be so incredibly context sensitive.

• Options
    If all you know about the show is "plane crashes, people stranded on island"

And then you see something like, say, The Constant

It may raise some questions

• Options
    edited December 2012
    I've seen people that were under the impression that Lost was essentially The Lost World in that people crashed on an island that happened to be full of dinosaurs and they fought them for six years.

Though to be fair, the monster being a dinosaur was one of the most popular theories early on.

Lars on
  • Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I watched the first season of Lost back when it first aired. I liked it, but at the same time it was incredibly frustrating to watch because of how the TV network airing it here in Australia kept dicking around. I always maintained that I would watch the whole show on DVD once it had finished, as that would probably be the only way I could enjoy it properly.

Jump to earlier this year when I ended up talking about Lost with my best friend (who was super into the show at the time) and he reminded me that I'd always said about watching it on DVD. So we embarked upon watching the whole show, start to finish, him for the second time and me for (mostly) the first time.

We finished up last month, I think, and it was a helluva ride. I was a little disappointed when it was over, with the exception of Breaking Bad and The Wire I don't think I've ever enjoyed a show this much. For me it was not so much about the mysteries and the crazy shit going on (though that was certainly interesting), but about the characters. It was so much fun watching the arcs of so many well-written and very human play out over the course of six seasons, and the ending was fucking great. I did like the fact that my friend and I had completely different interpretations of what happened which we agreed were equally valid.

So yeah I'm glad this thread is here now I can talk about Jackfaces and the Others with people in SE yay! :D

Nechriah on
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    LOST is one of my favorite shows ever and pretty much started my interest in wanting to write for TV. Sixth season was kind of rough for me though

• Options
    Aaaand now I've picked back up where I left off on my re-watch (according to netflix 12/11/2011). Season 2, episode 5 "...And Found." Lost sure did like puns with its name.

Good episode so far. It's a Jin/Sun character development episode. God dammit do I love how this show does character development.

It also pulls no punches either. Jin's new boss straight up telling him not to let people like him inside the hotel. Just. Holy shit.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    lost knew its way around a sick burn, I'll tell ya what

and not like, a conversational type burn, where you go "ahaha buddy, you got me there"

but like, the kind where you're like having an existential crisis and a dude kicks sand in your eyes and punches your kidneys but like...the metaphorical version of that

• Options
    it's like a cork, is that what you're saying?

• Options
    "You knew all along - you knew this would happen. And you sent me here anyway... "
    "Who are you?"
    "I'm your son."

• Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    teamflowinglocks-2_zpsf723d763.jpg

• Options
    team flowing locks was always the best ever

Lost had some really great flowing locks

• Options
    edited December 2012
    "You knew all along - you knew this would happen. And you sent me here anyway... "
    "Who are you?"
    "I'm your son."

FFFFFFFFFF

D:

My favorite gut punch
    Jin's rushing to the hospital! They're both safely off the island and he's gonna be there for the birth of their ba-

Oh

Oh no

Oh no

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It's funny, there are times when I see an actor in something new (or even old) that I recognize but just can't quite place where from.

Inevitably, invariable, these actors were characters in Lost.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    I kinda loved how Jack's character arc played out

• Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    "Who are you?"
    "I'm your son."

FFFFFFFFFF

D:

My favorite gut punch
    Jin's rushing to the hospital! They're both safely off the island and he's gonna be there for the birth of their ba-

Oh

Oh no

Oh no

God that one was the worst.

• Options
    RAZZLE DAZZLE!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Lars on
  • Options
    biggest gut punch to me was in season two
    when michael shot ana lucia and then libby was there and FUCK

accidentally watched like ten minutes of whatever dumb lost ripoff abc had on after lost that week because I was too stunned to change the channel

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yesss LOST I love you you're the best

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I kinda loved how Jack's character arc played out

Yeah people give Jack a lot of shit but he was always one of my favorites.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Jack's hobo beard is a treasure that should never be forgotten

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    I love this show, I really need to re watch it soon.

But I think Ill end up skipping a good chunk of season 2.

• Options