As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Remember Them When....

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Remember that AF chick that asked Tebow out? I went to school with her.

That's the most recent thing. A string of suicides since I've graduated. A handful of fatalities.

Deleted my Facebook a while back so I have no idea what most folks are up to.

Played football with a couple of folks who played/playing college ball at decent schools. One Olympic Gold medalist in bobsledding that graduated two years before me.

The suicide thing is really the most surprising to me.

Three or four since 08. I knew every one and I have to say that I never saw it coming.

I had classes with them all at one point or another and always got along pretty well.

I never knew what they were dealing with but I feel awful for everybody involved.

1 was completely out of the blue for everyone, but the other was like, ehhhhhhhhh i can see that.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    A friend of mine died of lung cancer a while back. Nothing else really notable, a few people are having kids, some have started careers, the usual. Only been six years though.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    One person got caught in a failed drive by, another ended up on American Idol. My personal favorite is the guy sitting in jail for pulling a gun on somebody because "He was looking at me funny"

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Binary SquidBinary Squid We all make choices Registered User regular
    One person got caught in a failed drive by, another ended up on American Idol. My personal favorite is the guy sitting in jail for pulling a gun on somebody because "He was looking at me funny"

Another clown related crime. When will we learn to respect these noble yet disturbing creatures?

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular

That shit used to be a thing in the 90s. People would always be getting into fights and the sole reason for it was "he was looking at me"

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I have no idea about most of my high school friends (3.5 years ago). One of them went to school in New York City and got an internship thing with Martin Scorsese. That was neat.

A few people go to school with me, we probably graduate around the same time. Kinda strange how I haven't kept up with them, if I just messaged them we could probably be friends again. Maybe. I'm almost done with school and if I move far away it might not be worth it.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    It's been two years and I already never want to see anyone from my graduating class again.

Oh no two of them are getting married to each other and I am invited to the engagement party what should my excuse to not go be?!

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Some really tall guy from the next class just never woke up in his sleep one day, heard from my friend that apparently this is a pretty common thing for tall people

Sold me a magic card once

Peas on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    One guy who was a couple of years above me at my school is now a reasonably successful TV actor

And another who was a year below me is regarded as one of the best beatboxers in the world.

And one of my brother's best buds in highschool is now a professional soccer player who has played for the Australian national team

#pipe on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    None of my high school classmates have gotten famous. A whole slew of them had babies this year, dammit I'm not ready to be old.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I've only been graduated for a couple of years, but I've already seen a couple of former classmates with kids.

Also I'm not sure it counts but there was a bomb threat senior year and I knew the kid who turned himself in for it. That was something.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh lord people from my school were getting divorced with children almost before they graduated

nothing to do down there but fuck or get high

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Fuck high school.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Fuck high school.

pretty sure that's illegal

broken image link
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    from my high school's wikipedia page:
    In 2010 former principal Mary Little was awarded "Grand Master Assmunch" by the student body, shortly before her retirement.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Peccavi wrote: »
    None of my high school classmates have gotten famous. A whole slew of them had babies this year, dammit I'm not ready to be old.

technically there could be grand parents among the people I went to high school with.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    A guy from the year below me is a country singer and was on the X-Factor or some show.

He was kind of a piece of shit

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    That was one of the things that spurred me to get rid of Facebook. All the babies and engagements or marriages.

Look, that's great, but I don't need or want to bs bombarded by pics or status updates.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Fuck high school.

pretty sure that's illegal

Someone broke in the night after prom the year I graduated and took a dump in the vents. I'd say they gave the building a good fucking, and the police were not very happy.

And of course we all got to listen to another round of endless principal wisdom and chastising.

488W936.png
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if there's anyone noteworthy that I went to school with. I haven't really been in contact with any of my old friends, and all I know about my other classmates is that some of them got kinda fat and/or had a kid not long after graduating.

High school was a pretty awful part of my life, so I don't think I'll ever go to a reunion. Maybe if I was really successful or famous or something I'd consider it, just so I could rub it in everyone's faces.

But I'm not

So fuck 'em

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    People who become rich and successful don't go to their reunion because they don't give a shit what any of those people think any more.

The only people who go to show off their success are like, local news anchors.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    If I were to go to anything related to my high school, it would be to see some of my old teachers and the people I volunteered with in the special education room working with mentally disabled students. Particularly my old history teacher. They were all nice to work with and talk with and taught me a lot more then just what was in textbooks. And I did beat my one religion teacher in a debate about the role of Christianity in a first contact scenario.

I have no desire to see hardly any of my former classmates; equal parts apathy and disgust. For some reason my Catholic high school was just a font of retards who enjoyed sledding down stairs in cardboard boxes, bullying others, and perpetually filling the bathrooms with wet toilet paper stalagmites. Only genuinely entertaining thing we ever did was rig up the TV in the cafeteria with a N64 and play Smash Bros and shoot the shit about Death Note.

Not to mention the most compelling feature of a good Catholic education; mandatory regular auditorium sessions about various important issues such as Pro-Life agendas and how great being a Catholic priest would be.

Think I'll pass on any possible reunions.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    People who become rich and successful don't go to their reunion because they don't give a shit what any of those people think any more.

The only people who go to show off their success are like, local news anchors.

I'm not going because I don't even know who those people are anymore and I care about their success in life just as much as anyone else I've passed on the street.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    politicians, drug addicts, journalists, christians, used car dealers, teachers, lawyers, a guy who designs freight trains

many of them are in an academic vortex

i recommend the 10 year reunion. i was drinking and talking for twelve hours straight with people i probably never shared a word with before

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Go to bang the hot girl/guy who has since turned hideous and is in an unfulfilling mariage.

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    my highschool experience was exactly like the achewood High School plotline

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    I'm teodore in this scenario

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    we didn't have a 10 year reunion

i only keep in touch with a couple of people from my class anyway

my school was really small, my class had 30 people, out of 34? graduate
    that was my whole class

• Options
    I had a huge graduating class, almost 500 people.

Commencement was terrible.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i'm still friends with heaps of people from my high school

mind you that was only five years ago and nobody's really left town

a bunch of people went down to melbourne but since that's the only place anyone goes they all keep in touch and so i keep in touch via them

anyway they're all fucking champs, i went to a good high school

• Options
    Actually, scratch that. The length was awful, but commencement itself was actually kind of cool, because in practices and things everyone was sort of just chatting and joking around with everyone. It was like we realized that high school didn't matter anymore, so there was no need for the sort of divides there had been.

I actually really loved high school in my last year. I kind of miss it.

• Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    10 year came and went, uh...back in 2008. As far as I'm aware nobody I know has done anything of note. I'm pretty sure there wasn't even much of a 10 year gathering.

I did find out at a random party a couple years back that there was a great rumor floating around about my brother and I going off to serve in the IDF and getting killed in action.

Boy were there some surprised people at that party.

Huh...
  • Options
    I wanna start a rumor that I held an unsuccessful coup in a small African country and was beheaded.

• Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    Never did find out how that rumor even got started.

(Re)introducing yourself and your brother to a small group of people that thought you were both dead: Priceless.

Huh...
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    The only one that I know gained some noteriety is the girl that became a bodybuilder.

godmode on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Oh now I feel bad it took me almost ten minutes to remember the guy that sat near me in a few classes died, but that wasn't even long after graduation.

• Options
    One of my friends in high school got stabbed.

Like right there in the cafeteria at lunch time.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I went to high school with Jon Brockman

nobody else I knew back then is noteworthy, that I have heard

• Options
    Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    As far as I could gather back when I hadn't purged my Facebook my class spread across the country with great haste. I was only in contact with a few of them in college and even that flew out the window when I moved to Tennessee (whyyyy). Apparently northwest pa is a little tame for all our tastes.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I had a huge graduating class, almost 500 people.

Commencement was terrible.

mine was about this size

but I knew it would be horseshit so I didn't go

instead I got sloshed in the back of my friend's van