As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeon World] Coldkeep (IC/OOC)

124»

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Strom followed the drow's gaze, "Can it be reasoned with? Wait, stupid question."

He moved to stand between his companions and the roar, "Everyone, get ready to move."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    "Turned?" Vandral's eyes widened as he turned towards the horrible noise. "Reasoned with? I don't think we can keep a civil tongue and bargain with something like that." He shook his head, more than happy to let Strom put himself in harm's way. "I doubt it's afraid of a few swords, either, if our new friend is telling the truth. It's no mortal creature...no pity, no remorse, no reason to stop until we're all dead."

He cleared his throat, trying to gather his wits. "I think moving is a fine idea, but I fear for our chances of escape in its home." The bard turned towards the Drow, speaking to him again. "To survive this long, brother, you must have someplace to hide...?"

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    "Sees all? I'm sure we can change that." The wizard cracks his knuckles and places a palm slowly onto Vandral's shoulder. It rests there for an uncomfortable few seconds while nothing happens.

"Yes, well. We should probably get moving." he mutters, a nervous spring now in his step.

--
    Cast Invisibility: 2d6+1 5

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    The drow nods at you, Vandral. "Yes," he says, sighing. "I am weary of hiding. Many moons lost to me for it. The beast is not the problem, it is the Undying that controls it. You walk with the light of your Gods, the first others I have seen here before my comrades died." He clenches his fist at that. Another roar comes from the trees, louder and closer. The dark elf looks up. "Perhaps hiding for now is the best tactical choice," he says. "Follow me."

A quick jog through the brush later finds you in a large ruin of some bygone civilization, all limestone and mortar, still standing, almost preserved. The elf leads you into one of the smaller buildings and there are beds made up, though they don't look slept in. "The beast hates this place," he says, seeming to anticipate the question. "Avoids it most days. Other things crawl in the shadows though, hungry things." He sighs.

What do you do?

---

tags: @sakutian, @grog, @destroyah87, @reynolds

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    After Vandral translated the Drow's words, Strom smiled. "Hungry things in the shadows?" He looks over one shoulder at Grun, "I say we bring the light and push back the shadows, what say you dwarf? Beasts of the night fear Sorrowforge and Vaelon burns away the darkness." He looks up, as if consulting the position of the sun, though its light was far away, underground as they were. "Night approaches. The power of the day wanes."

His glowing eyes sweep over the room and his companions, even the Drow, "Rest if you like. I shall stand watch this night. I have no need of sleep and must pray to Vaelon, lest the dark cover all in everlasting night."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    "You and I are of the same mind Strom. If the haunting memory of these shadows frighten the drow so let us put an end to them." Grun clapped Strom on the shoulder.

"Better to face our foes while the little light we have left remains than waiting for them to ambush under the cover of darkness."

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Vandral shrugged off Hote's hand after it stayed there a few moments too long. "...I hope it's just the stress getting to you, the last thing we need is a mad wizard." He shook his head, moving with the others to the relative safety of the ruins. He seemed quite surprised, turning and twisting to look at everything. After translating, he thought about their situation.

"...if this beast is afraid of the shadows, and whatever hides there, and you destroy them...then we'll just have to fight this beast after fighting these other unknown creatures."

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    "Or the beast will come to fear us instead." The wizard surmises while inspecting the strange building. "Though I agree with our holy friends, better to take the fight to them than await ambush."

Discern realities: 2d6 6