As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]bidden Zone

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Really I should be in a frenzy of activity packing and stuff. The fact that I am not reflects my lack of confidence that the hire car place will have sorted themselves out within the next hour or so.

think of the righteous indignation you're entitled to if you prep your shit and they fuck up

meh. won't get us on the road any quicker.

I should also be packing and wrapping a couple of presents. Gonna get right on that...after some more coffee...maybe...

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    whoa

how did it become 3 AM

what is going on here

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Tamin wrote: »
    whoa

how did it become 3 AM

what is going on here

Central Time?! GET OUT OF HERE YOU DISGUSTING TROGL - oh hey there, jake...

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Really I should be in a frenzy of activity packing and stuff. The fact that I am not reflects my lack of confidence that the hire car place will have sorted themselves out within the next hour or so.

think of the righteous indignation you're entitled to if you prep your shit and they fuck up

Well, I booked it for 9am pickup, they called me at quarter past five the day before to say it wouldn't be available until about 1230-1300. Had a bit of a go at them, so they're "seeing what they can do" at the moment. Branch opens in ten minutes so I'll harass them a bit, but otherwise I'm basically waiting for them to call and say they have something.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

Well, I booked it for 9am pickup, they called me at quarter past five the day before to say it wouldn't be available until about 1230-1300. Had a bit of a go at them, so they're "seeing what they can do" at the moment. Branch opens in ten minutes so I'll harass them a bit, but otherwise I'm basically waiting for them to call and say they have something.

ugh, sorry. that's a pain.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    in
    Friendship Zone
    Act 1

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Choco I'm glad you at least have your own room and are able to keep it to your own standards

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    in
    Friendship Zone
    Act 1

This is the stupid hour talking, but I saw a vision of sonic-as-mlp

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    rum is sweet

life is not

hmmm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    "God is dead. Hell still exists." has to be a contender for the highest 'awesomeness of tagline vs likely shittiness of movie' ratio.

I don't think I can properly express how much I love this tagline

• Options

ugh, sorry. that's a pain.

It's times like this I kind of wish I had an active twitter account with a lot of followers. Those seem to be handy for bulldozing this kind of crap.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    in
    Friendship Zone
    Act 1

This is the stupid hour talking, but I saw a vision of sonic-as-mlp

... D:

• Options
    emerald hill zone

Yes, dogg, yes

If someone tells me they were all about the Green Hill Zone theme as a kid over Emerald Hill they get thrown in the shredder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF9ZLNxHaBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vaBxXCH9b8

I mean listen to that shit, how can you even compare the first to the obviously superior second one, how can you even compare

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    "God is dead. Hell still exists." has to be a contender for the highest 'awesomeness of tagline vs likely shittiness of movie' ratio.

I don't think I can properly express how much I love this tagline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_theology

READ A BOOK

jesusReading.gif

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    green hill zone music was imprinted on me as a child. i can't objectively state which is superior

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    green hill zone music was imprinted on me as a child. i can't objectively state which is superior

Can you objectively state how much it hurts to be on fire

• Options
    i've never been set on fire, so ... no ... no i would not be able to

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-20805966
    A man from Ayrshire had to be hospitalised after eating too many Brussels sprouts last Christmas, it has emerged.

The case was reported in a festive edition of the Medical Journal of Australia.

How jolly.

• Options
    i've never been set on fire, so ... no ... no i would not be able to

oh

okay

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i like murder by death!

man, i got two little circular rashes on me. one on my left shin and one on my back right thigh.

prob dying.

• Options
    i think i may be drunk

because no one is agreeing or awesoming my posts

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2012
    I'm off to bed and a really early family Xmas this year (everyone is going on vacations, cruises, etc, so the 22nd it is!). I probably won't be able to make post until tomorrow night or Sunday so

@DasUberEdward I worry about you, bro. I want you to be well and happy. Be good to yourself.
    @OnTheLastCastle Stuff sounds like it's been good lately, keep it up.
    @Organichu I feel your pain brah. There's no solution to that situation that doesn't hurt. : /
    @japan and @BobCesca - with luck this will be just a hiccup and you'll have a lovely weekend. Have fun <3
    @Rear Admiral Choco /brofist
    @KEB good luck tomorrow night! Have fun!
    @Ravenhpltc24 Chu's right, that was a pretty rad dress. Also, tame boobs are overrated. It's just facts, sorry.
    @Eddy zone zone zone
    @Variable @Thomamelas DJANGO DJANGO DJANGO DJANGO DJANGO

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    /brofist

Merry Christmas!

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    zone zone zone

• Options
    Have a good christmas, Jacob.

• Options
    i think i may be drunk

I did read that wiki, however

• Options
    In what may appear to be suspicious timing

I think I'll go to bed also

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    I am seeing Django Unchained twice no matter how bad it is just to piss off conservatives.

No motivator better than spite.

• Options
    KEBKEB Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    In what may appear to be suspicious timing

I think I'll go to bed also

Didn't think it was suspicious until you mentioned it

@Jacobkosh You are the nicest person! Thanks, have a great weekend! :) And Merry early Christmas!

KEB on
  • Options
    Oh man I just remembered that I finally beat that fuckin' Stygian in Darksiders which was hard as dick to do with the mouse and keyboard

I came on the boards to decompress so my incredible triumph and relief at not having to do that bullshit again didn't express itself in crazy ways

Maybe I'll go back to that, I should see where things go from there

• Options
    I've always loved post-wwii theology, religious philosophy, and philosophy of religion. I've professed my love for Teilhard a couple times before in chat, and John Hick, Stephen Prothero, etc are all interesting reads too

although imo the most fun reads are always the heavy-in-theory, anti-positivist, essentially neo-kantian masturbatory gruel

• Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I am seeing Django Unchained twice no matter how bad it is just to piss off conservatives.

You know I'm sure there are a ton of reasons conservatives might not like it but I'm not really drawing anything specific

Elaborate?

• Options
    i think i may be drunk

I did read that wiki, however

that's because you have always been and always will be awesome mister P. Variable

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    We talkin' philosophy now?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8

• Options
    conservative people hate tarantino movies, white villains, and anti-establishment rhetoric

oh and black people... they really hate black people

• Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    So I just go downstairs, grabbing another beer... and not only I see the previous chat thread closed, the new one is already 2 pages long? (could be 3, even, by the time I finish typing this up!)

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    conservative people hate tarantino movies, white villains, and anti-establishment rhetoric

oh and black people... they really hate black people
    my dad likes tarantino because tarantino said apocalypto was good

I mean, he'd never watch a tarantino movie but

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

You know I'm sure there are a ton of reasons conservatives might not like it but I'm not really drawing anything specific

Elaborate?
    He's made a couple of jokes about killing white people while doing press for the movie (in which he apparently kills at least a Tarantino of white people).

• Options

Elaborate?
    He's made a couple of jokes about killing white people while doing press for the movie (in which he apparently kills at least a Tarantino of white people).

Ah, haha

Man, I find it incredible that people would take that kind of comment seriously

I think I might rope some people into seeing that movie though, it looks great

This discussion has been closed.