As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WOOP WOOP LOOT THREAD!

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    This rum is so good. Rum and ginger beer while watching Finding Nemo with my loved ones. Its bizarre but enjoyable.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I got a cordless Milwaukee power tool set. I am going to be able to build some cool shit!

Also got a nice thermal shirt, some flannels, a frying pan, set of kitchen knives, and Ted. Giftcard to Academy.

I won't be able to use half that shit until I'm in my own place so my roommates can't fuck it up, but owning my own power tools is fucking amazing.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Everyone needs good power tools.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    And an N7 tshirt!

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Two of the gifts I got from my mom were these amazing and nerdy and amazingly nerdy wall hangings

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27791762/images/future-retro.jpg

And this one from my grandma which is far less nerdy but still awesome

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27791762/images/art.jpg

edit yipe linked for scroll

Ledneh on
  • Options
    Barcardi wrote: »

Kinda blown away cause Milwaukee is primo shit in my book.

But a skil saw, saw-zall, drill, and flashlight. Two batteries and a charger.

I can do a lot with that. Gonna need to get some bits and some miscellaneous tools.

Maybe even get a router so I can tool some designs.

Thinking about a book shelf. Maybe a low book shelf to pull double duty as a night stand.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    lotta practical stuff from the folks which is fine with me

got settlers of catan star trek

which actually has a neat feature outside of the usual theme-veneer these sort of things have, so that was a fun gift

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Two of the gifts I got from my mom were these amazing and nerdy and amazingly nerdy wall hangings

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27791762/images/future-retro.jpg

And this one from my grandma which is far less nerdy but still awesome

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27791762/images/art.jpg

edit yipe linked for scroll

The artwork is badass, but you got some cool frames for them.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    I got

To help my brother figure out why his new windows 7 computer cant see our goddamned network

Oh yay I'm still getting to do that

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    The gift that keeps giving: technical problems

• Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    $250 cash is pretty much all I got, and cash is all I really wanted, so I am content

I got my mom an iPhone 5 upgrade for Christmas, since I'm pretty sure her previous phone also doubled as a walkie-talkie in the Korean War. The downside to this is that I have to give her lessons on how to use the damn thing almost daily

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    oh and my mom didn't get me anything but she said she'd take us out to dinner sometime

I got her a nice photo album of me and Mrs. Lady SH's wedding photos and was just like dang, really?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Did she have the old Nokia that lasted for like six years on a single charge

Those things were fucking TANKS.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I miss the hell out of that nokia

nintendo products go to that nokia for tips on how to be durable

• Options
    Seriously I remember losing mine for a week and when I found it it was still mostly charged

• Options
    I don't know what brand it was, but it wasn't a Nokia. It looked pretty much like your average house phone - no extendable antenna and the screen is just big enough to display the number you're calling/receiving

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    wow what

so like a cellphone from the late 90s?

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I don't want to get old and not be able to understand how technology works.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Got an iPhone 4, and an epic Star Wars knights of the old republic poster:

http://i.imgur.com/qGOsg.jpg

and the new stephen colbert book that you can see in the corner ;D

• Options
    I just realized that the dad in Finding Nemo is the same guy as the bad guy in Drive. Thank you christmas DVDs.

• Options
    Shabooty wrote: »
    wow what

so like a cellphone from the late 90s?

Pretty much! But I think she got it in the early '00s

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I just realized that the dad in Finding Nemo is the same guy as the bad guy in Drive. Thank you christmas DVDs.

w

WHAT

• Options
    Albert Brooks? Yeah, same guy.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    scanners.gif

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    From the wife I got the boxed set of Brisco County Jr DVDs as well as some more dice and a nice dice bag for my D&D game.

My mom got me a pretty rockin merkur safety razor set. Razor, badger brush, stand, soap and bowl. As well as a 10pk of merkur blades.

My dad got me and my wife 1.5 cords of firewood he split. Yay free heat!

I got the wife a rock tumbler, grit and a minerals and jemstones book. She rock hunts and makes her own jewelry so she's stoked.

My mom got a really nice pair of boots and my dad got slippers and a bunch of primo jerky and dried foods for when he is out working in the woods.

Pretty good year!

Oh yea my inlaws got us a wii, and we got them forever lazies and a decent computer upgrade.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I got an Android tablet, $150 in gift cards, and a bunch of star wars books

I got my wife some 3ds games, forward unto dawn, dethalbum 3, a sweet keychain, and the walking dead collectors edition

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Work gave me a swag bag tonight, which sounds like something similar to being nice and giving back to their employees as thanks for working on one of their busiest days of the year

But nah, it's more like, them trying to get rid of extra stock of stuff

So I got some t-shirts that wouldn't fit me for movies I haven't seen

Any of you fellas size large and big fans of Taken 2 or Chasing Mavericks?

Maybe you're extra large, but really into Life of Pi?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Oh, nice.

Got another gift from family. I now have a good set of headphones.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Got a wood block puzzle in the shape of a pig, from my roommate (Solved it in 3 minutes, sadly :()
    Got two movie theater gift cards, an itunes card and $100 cash from my parents
    Also got Fall of Cybertron from my parents
    And I got a light-up D20 and a Toxic Waste Drum Laundry Basket from my brother. (Thinkgeek order, HO!)

I got my roommate an expansion to the board game Infinite Cities (Which we play a lot)
    Got my dad a copy of Men in Black 3 and a case for his new rifle
    Put in $100 for my mom's WiiU and got her a Wii copy of Lego LotR.
    Got my brother a Tardis USB hub and a M.O.D.O.K. mug (Mobile Organism Designed only for KOFFEE!) (Thinkgeek again)
    Also bought him a copy of The Walking Dead game on Steam when it was on sale.

Was hoping for LotR on blu-ray, but I'll just snag that from Amazon now I guess. Overall, a fun year and probably the most thought I've put into presents (My parents are notoriously hard to shop for. I at least made some wishlists, dammit!)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    CimmeriiCimmerii SpaceOperaGhost Registered User regular
    I got a lovely leather jacket from my husband! I got extra hugs when family and stuff was leaving because "ohhh that feels nice!!!" so, unexpected side benefit?
    Got some toe socks which I was super happy about because most of mine are worn to shreds.
    Assorted towels which we needed badly. Some flannel sheets and some cotton sheets for our bed.
    Home depot monies, because our sink is terrible, and we are getting a new one.
    Some scarfs and gloves, all pretty cute, and matching red hats.
    I got some nice sweaters, and a large volume food processor, which, among other things, will make scones and pies much easier to create, since I won't have to divide batches and move it through our little one in thirds in order to get proper crumbliness.
    The cats got some shallow metal food bowls with nonskid bottoms so their precious little whiskers aren't fussed by deep bowls.
    Oh, and I got a jar of delicious local honey, so my scones will be extra delicious and have that extra little bit of flavor that the store crap lacks.

I got my husband a Trunk Club gift card, largely on his vague need for new clothes and his desire to dress a little sharper with no real clue how. (Stale's commentary on his experience really cemented this, so, thanks for helping indirectly find a christmas gift for my other half :3)
    All us kids pitched in to purchase an Acer Win8 Pro tablet (the i3 one) for my mum in law. She was quite pleased, if her little squee of excitement meant anything when she opened it.
    Mp3 player for my uncle and a quick rundown on how to move his cd collection to it. He is a little in awe of technology these days, but he figures stuff out pretty easily.
    My auntie got a waffle iron so my uncle could make her waffles. (hah)
    And various people got smartwool socks. Is it weird when socks are not the 'meh' present but an actual desired thing? There was a lot of them going around this year.

There is one last present that UPS prevented from reaching us in time (Grrr). Sheri made it. It is beautiful and epic and there's a few pics floating around but I'll probably post it here once we give it to its intended recipient. It is awesome. So awesome.

*Internally Screaming*
  • Options
    I was hoping that the Lego Robie House would drop in price post christmas, and I would be able to pick it up with some christmas money, but the damn thing is going up in price now.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I got myself a christmas present at the airport.

I spent six hundred dollars on scotch.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    my sister surprised me with a bonus present of a super nice jacket

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I got a DVD from a friend and some food from my folks. Also the offer from them to buy me basically anything for the house but I haven't taken them up on that one.

Anyway, more importantly. I'm defrosting challah to make French toast for breakfast, but it's taking too long. At what point do I just give up and eat brownies.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    at this point, right now

• Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular

Kinda blown away cause Milwaukee is primo shit in my book.

But a skil saw, saw-zall, drill, and flashlight. Two batteries and a charger.

I can do a lot with that. Gonna need to get some bits and some miscellaneous tools.

Maybe even get a router so I can tool some designs.

Thinking about a book shelf. Maybe a low book shelf to pull double duty as a night stand.

Dude... routers are so effing versatile. I absolutely love mine.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    scanners.gif

@Antimatter he's also Hank Scorpio.

• Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    A pair of ATH-m50's, some socks, and the White Album on Vinyl (which i have been listening to all afternoon.)

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I got a DVD from a friend and some food from my folks. Also the offer from them to buy me basically anything for the house but I haven't taken them up on that one.

Anyway, more importantly. I'm defrosting challah to make French toast for breakfast, but it's taking too long. At what point do I just give up and eat brownies.

hi give me some french toast please

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    My wife and I traded our BMW 325i (with 186k miles and numerous problems) for a loaded 2008 Ford Fusion (with 64k miles). Our real present will be our son coming early January.

My wife got me garage floor epoxy kit and the required tools and a Science of Cooking cook book.

My parents got me a grill (woooooo).