As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

merry [chat]

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Dear UK: Your all-in-one combination washer/dryers suck. They don't dry and they shake the entire floor.

This is a lesson usually learned the first time people buy their own appliances. Nobody buys one of those things twice.

It is included in the place I rent. I just wash everything here, and haul everything to the laundromat on base and pay $1 to have everything super dry

Do smaller loads more often. And make sure the dryer vent is actually connected to something. I had one in an apartment in college once, the vent hose went up to a panel on the wall that looked like it led outside, but all they'd done was nail the panel to the bare wall and attach the hose to it.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    X3Q4u.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Dear UK: Your all-in-one combination washer/dryers suck. They don't dry and they shake the entire floor.

This is a lesson usually learned the first time people buy their own appliances. Nobody buys one of those things twice.

It is included in the place I rent. I just wash everything here, and haul everything to the laundromat on base and pay $1 to have everything super dry

Do smaller loads more often. And make sure the dryer vent is actually connected to something. I had one in an apartment in college once, the vent hose went up to a panel on the wall that looked like it led outside, but all they'd done was nail the panel to the bare wall and attach the hose to it.

Maybe they were just trying to find a complicated way to remove a very small section of wallpaper?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    No loot this year, just some money.

Very relaxing in a way.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Will probably buy a laptop for it.

Looking at a Samsung with about the same specs as a macbook air, ~$450 less. Win7 too, I'm not sold on Win8.

Sparvy on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »

Looking at a Samsung with about the same specs as a macbook air, ~$450 less. Win7 too, I'm not sold on Win8.

If you are looking for something like an air look at the Asus zenbook. I am posting form mine at moment. I love this thing. Light, great for work and school but not much else due to the 128 gb ssd. But has a great screen. And a nice polished metal finish.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    yay for presents
    • Hexus - color connecting puzzler. Looks interesting
    • Erector Set (insert obvious joke)
    • Cell phone stand
    • Wind-up bug toy vaguely steampunkish (in the sense of visible gears and such)
    • Amazon $25 (which will be used to buy brother and sister presents, as I am broke)
    • check (see above)
    • Hobbit 12-month scroll calendar. 4 scrolls, 3 months each; the reverse of each has a poster of a character.
    • Inside A Game Of Thrones (HBO)
    • A 216-piece 3D puzzle of the Eiffel Tower. 3D puzzles need to come back in a big way; I love them to death.
    • A "pop-up speaker". Will have to play with it.

Tamin on
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    I got clothes, some money, cooking gear and books, and two hats. The best one though is my parents saying they'll pay all of my student loans.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I got lots of Supplementary Discworld books and material, and Star Trek movie soundtracks, and PS3 HD Rerelease Collections, and a couple of nice t-shirts.

• Options
    Why do Chinese Santas always play Saxophone?

Asia does the best Christmas stuff.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Sparvy wrote: »

If you are looking for something like an air look at the Asus zenbook. I am posting form mine at moment. I love this thing. Light, great for work and school but not much else due to the 128 gb ssd. But has a great screen. And a nice polished metal finish.

Hmm, it looks a lot better but its a bit more expensive (about midway between the Samsung and the air) and the CPU and GPU both seem to be better in the Samsung.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Why do Chinese Santas always play Saxophone?

Asia does the best Christmas stuff.

78474224.jpg

I love you so much, China.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Merry Krampus everybody. Now I'm off to try and enjoy time with my parents. Which is...harder than it should be.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Merry Krampus everybody. Now I'm off to try and enjoy time with my parents. Which is...harder than it should be.

Not if my past 27 years has taught me anything.

Though my mom's a blast if we're in a bar together.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I got

-Captain America Mug
    -Iron Man bobble head
    -White Playstation Vita
    -Various pajama pants of nerdy varietys
    -Underwear
    -Gloves
    -Movie theater style popcorn maker

• Options
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I got clothes, some money, cooking gear and books, and two hats. The best one though is my parents saying they'll pay all of my student loans.

That's... wow

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I... I actually haven't gotten anything from family for christmas this year

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »

Me either.

But my girlfriend did!

Like, my parents.

I'm terrible.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I got some socks, shoes, a shirt, a hideous cardigan, some Cologne, a Lego car thing, some tea, and there's another package I'm waiting til a family dinner for.

Currently having breakfast and people are talking about ghosts...

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I got:

Couple shirts
    Lots of candy
    Charger for my camera battery
    Mint condition first edition of an out of print book I use to make my parents read to me every night when I was a little kid
    Trip to Disney World

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I miss the Christmas forum.

• Options

*hugs*

• Options
    My mum normally gives me a box of Maltesers along with any presents. No more of that. :(

• Options
    edited December 2012
    For reference this is what I'm looking at, does it seem like a good choice chat?

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP530U3C-A06US

Which I can get for 8400SEK = $1277 as opposed to a macbook air for 11.690SEK = $1778

Sparvy on
  • Options
    My mum normally gives me a box of Maltesers along with any presents. No more of that. :(

:(

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    0637a3505857f4479549222fa1996a9b.jpg

So what did everyone else spend Christmas afternoon doing?

• Options
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »

Digesting food, YouTubing.

• Options
    Though my mother signing the condo over to my name counts in my book (but I don't get to unwrap it)

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    oh sht postingf from vita sup chat

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    man, that's when you pull out the real Xbox 360

I watched the whole video waiting for that. I'm just going to assume that this video is part of a new media choose your own adventure wherein part two is either the Xbox showing up for reals or child services taking the kid to a better place

• Options
    I will be starting the Eiffel Tower puzzle and maybe build the erector set.

After I figure out if this speaker is doing anything, or if I need to reposition it.

• Options

I both jelly and not jelly. Schrodinger's Envy.

• Options
    Though my mother signing the condo over to my name counts in my book (but I don't get to unwrap it)

Well laa dee daa with your fancy bachelorette pad

• Options

Hey! Awesome!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I think my bro won at Christmas this year.
    Darth%20Vader.jpg

• Options
    Oh man Vita even has a built in twitter app. I really hope Sony can turn this around its pretty fucking tight

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh man I have to get my Lego Deadpool and have him fly the Quinjet into Lego Wolverine driving a car while Thor chats up Black Widow in the background and oh my god I am thirty seven years old.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »

:shock:

What is that??

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Whoa, paying off student loans is huuuge. They basically gave you several hundred dollars. Month for years

This discussion has been closed.