Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Help me find anti-Great Firewall Proxies/free VPNs!

Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
Hi folks!

I used to use a VPN here in China, but as you might have heard the oppressive totalitarian state has started to nuke those windows into the outside world. They also happen to stamp out most proxies as they find them, and they block access to every proxy listing site that I'm aware of.

So I'd like to crowdsource a list, if you all are willing to help me out. It's for democracy. And Facebook access.

Proxies/free VPNs? Lemme know what you got!

2ezikn6.jpg

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I'm assuming you already have tried or used Tor which is the standard go to for this, I would recommend setting up a relay that isn't listed or blocked by China with Tor and obfsproxy.

I'm hesitant to recommend it but you can browse various websites for proxylists and use a proxy checker to thin it down to speed and if they are active or not as well as remove any unwanted proxies. Usually a list is a couple thousand entries long text file so it could keep you going for a long time.

iRevert on
  • jessica001jessica001 Registered User
    edited January 2013
    I'm always using free web proxy from SecurityVPN.org website and there is also a free trial for VPN in their homepage. You can have a try.

jessica001 on
This discussion has been closed.