As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deep Space [chat]

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I will be amused if Cass is now out looking for Aaron

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    lebron games is not a bad name

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    why are you hot pink, simonwolf

You say that like you aren't secretly wishing you could be hot pink too, ronnie

also this picture is now hanging on my wall, it was a Christmas gift, so I figured I would put it on my digital space as well
    The new hot pink version of your (great!) av/sig illustration has too many compression artifacts

I agree entirely, but after multiple attempts, this is about as clean as the thumbnail tool will get in the profile section.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    fuzzy we need to get delicious seafoods at a point in the not too distant future

greater houston/galveston area penny arcade expo

by expo i mean we drink beers and gorge ourselves on shrimps

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    shramp

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    fuzzy we need to get delicious seafoods at a point in the not too distant future

greater houston/galveston area penny arcade expo

by expo i mean we drink beers and gorge ourselves on shrimps
    for reallll

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    gooey

come back to the east coast

we'll go bowling

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    1600 Penn looks terrible.

Bill Pullman should be embarrassed. Jenna Elfman has no shame because she's a stupid Scientologist, but Bill Pullman.

Come on, man.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    gooey

we'll go bowling

negative

come to texas

we'll go blow stuff up

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    There, that's better

It's just horrendous if you click through to my profile

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Bill Pullman should be embarrassed. Jenna Elfman has no shame because she's a stupid Scientologist, but Bill Pullman.

Come on, man.

Bill gotta eat.

• Options
    SA poster:
    For a product x of value v produced with labor l, LTV states that ∂v(..,x,..)/∂l(x) > 0 and that if l(x) = 0 then v(x) = 0.

For a product x of value v of which there already exists n in the total economy, marginal utility states that ∂v(x)/∂n(x) < 0 and as n(x) ↦ ∞ then v(x) ↦ 0.

If we accept that value is a function of (at least) both the labor needed to produce it and the number that already exist in an economy, then these two things do not conflict. You'd obviously have more variables like dead labor and it's ability to produce but you'd need at least those 2. It's kind of absurd that l(n) could exist, but maybe someone smarter than me can correct on that.

aww yeah

(it is totally wrong though, somewhat dancing on the edge of Not Even Wrong territory. It doesn't even get to what is plausibly problematic in marginalism, or to what are plausibly unproblematic formulations of the labour theory of value)

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Why pay money for shrimp when you can skip the middle man and eat poop for free.

Just hang out around a port-o-potty.

#extremecouponingwithjeep

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Come on, man.

Bill gotta eat.

I guess.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Come on, man.

It could turn into a good show, but I hate the kids.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

Come on, man.

Have you seen the same commercials for it I have?

I have no reason to believe it could be good.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    gooey

we'll go bowling

negative

come to texas

we'll go blow stuff up

okay!

• Options
    You'd obviously have more variables like dead labor and it's ability to produce

he slipped that one in subtly

wat a terroriser

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Come on, man.

Some folks got a mortgage man.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Come on, man.

I saw no commercials. I watched the pilot on hulu and it has promise, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you it will ever live up to that promise.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Why pay money for shrimp when you can skip the middle man and eat poop for free.

a little sea bug poop never hurt anybody

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    You'd obviously have more variables like dead labor and it's ability to produce

he slipped that one in subtly

wat a terroriser

i'm not actually sure whether to reply, because whilst I'd like to actually talk about it to see if my own understanding is correct, effortposting takes so much damn effort

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

a little sea bug poop never hurt anybody

Unless you are a poop then it kills you.

Checkmate, atheists.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Come on, man.

I watched the pilot on Hulu. It is the worst thing on TV since the Challenger Explosion

• Options
    Is testing toilet paper a job?

Do they hire people with gut disorders?

• Options

Come on, man.

I saw no commercials. I watched the pilot on hulu and it has promise, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you it will ever live up to that promise.

Well, I'm right and you're wrong. Nanny nanny boo boo.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    So we were selling rad's car today to a local dealer. It's kinda hard cause the island has more cars than it needs. It's a Suzuki Firenza that's been absolutely reliable for the six years we've had it. Its largest black mark is that its American division closed down but we're looking for half the value tops, which is supposed to be a bit over 2,000.

And while we're talking to the dealer I get a phone call I have to answer.

And while I'm talking on the phone the dealer asks how much we're hoping to sell it for and rad says "Well no matter what we have to leave the island in a couple days so to be honest I just want to get rid of it."

And my phone nearly snapped in half in rage.

Fifteen minutes later we were substantially ripped off for far less than the scrap was worth.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    gah, I started playing anno 2070 at 11 am this morning and I only just stopped.

• Options
    Is testing toilet paper a job?

Do they hire people with gut disorders?

I watched a Dateline or Frontline or something about Costco and yes, people test toilet paper for Costco.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    So we were selling rad's car today to a local dealer. It's kinda hard cause the island has more cars than it needs. It's a Suzuki Firenza that's been absolutely reliable for the six years we've had it. Its largest black mark is that its American division closed down but we're looking for half the value tops, which is supposed to be a bit over 2,000.

And while I'm talking on the phone the dealer asks how much we're hoping to sell it for and rad says "Well no matter what we have to leave the island in a couple days so to be honest I just want to get rid of it."

Fifteen minutes later we were substantially ripped off for far less than the scrap was worth.

And the other shoe drops

(we already heard Rad's version earlier)

• Options

WOMEN AMIRITE

• Options

Come on, man.

Well, I'm right and you're wrong. Nanny nanny boo boo.

How? I was agreeing with you!

NEVER APOLOGIZE ALWAYS DOUBLE DOWN

It will be the best show ever! It'll make The West Wing look like the Chevy Chase show!

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »

Good thing it's only 1:40pm in real time!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular

What? WHAT?

Why didn't you just give it away to someone in need at that point? Because you basically just gave it to a dealer.
    Rad is crazy. :P

• Options
    what was rad's version

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

And the other shoe drops

(we already heard Rad's version earlier)

Ah. I hadn't had a chance to read the forums on account of shipping the other vehicle and losing a lot of my rage when she helped out with a lot of the minor fuck ups I made in doing that.

• Options
    Casual wrote: »

I did that with Tropico 4 recently.

I don't even like games like that.

But apparently I do?

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Man, where the hell has KEB been?

stomping!

ronya on